Week 3: Buccaneers(2-0) vs. Rams (2-0)

BStanRamFan

Our defense did it again today. Splash plays and only allowed the world champs to score 17 points ( I don’t count that garbage time TD ) 

So in the first three weeks the Rams defense gave up less points than the first three games last year. Fans keep saying how the D is a former shell of itself, when the stats say we’re doing better than last year… 

Great win by the Rams. McVay still hasn’t lost a game when leading at halftime. I said eventually DJax would catch one deep and he did. I said this would be the game he shows up and shows out and he did. Donald finally got a sack on Brady which I said he would. Stafford can finally quiet the noise down of he can’t win the big game. He can with a real organization. This was a playoff atmosphere and the Rams are confident more than ever they can beat the Bucs no matter if it’s in Tampa Bay or LA. Stafford is officially the front runner for MVP early and the Rams right now are undeniable the best team in the NFL. It’s a long season but I come away from this game feeling like we have something special here with Stafford. 

I take nothing away from the Bucs. I still think they get the #1 seed and having no AB hurt them today so it will be different if we see them again in the playoffs. Third straight time Brady has faced this Rams defense and struggled to score. The difference now is the Rams have a Chiefs like offense so the Bucs have to keep up with the Rams. The Bucs biggest weakness is the Rams biggest strength and that’s the passing game. McVay will continue to scheme to exploit it. The crazy thing is Stafford should’ve had like 400+ yds and 6 tds. He missed opportunities early because he was shaky. So even though the Rams looked good I feel like they still have another gear and that should be scary for the league especially as Stafford gets more comfortable in this offense and more chemistry with the players not named Kupp. So I’m pumped. 

Oh and the Seahawks lost so that makes me happy too bc I still view them as a big threat in the division. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NYRamsFan88 said:

Our defense did it again today. Splash plays and only allowed the world champs to score 17 points ( I don’t count that garbage time TD ) 

So in the first three weeks the Rams defense gave up less points than the first three games last year. Fans keep saying how the D is a former shell of itself, when the stats say we’re doing better than last year… 

Rah said stats are for losers and he looks at the impact plays. Only thing that matters is key stops and keeping them from scoring. Rams did that because the Bucs came in averaging 39ppg. Rams D last year was special. In the conversation as the 2000 Ravens. This year the D is still great and the offense is special. Rams will be fine. Best team in the league. Most complete team in the league led by two MVP candidates early on in Stafford and Kupp.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Rah said stats are for losers and he looks at the impact plays. Only thing that matters is key stops and keeping them from scoring. Rams did that because the Bucs came in averaging 39ppg. Rams D last year was special. In the conversation as the 2000 Ravens. This year the D is still great and the offense is special. Rams will be fine. Best team in the league. Most complete team in the league led by two MVP candidates early on in Stafford and Kupp.

Exactly…we have more turnovers and sacks in these three games than the first three from last season, but fans continue to disregard that and keep on complaining about how we’re not as good. 

I said before the season starts that this defense has the potential to be just as good if not better than last season, and based off of the three weeks of this season and last year, I am right so far. The crazy thing is that we can get even better with a few tweaks here and there 

1 minute ago, NYRamsFan88 said:

Exactly…we have more turnovers and sacks in these three games than the first three from last season, but fans continue to disregard that and keep on complaining about how we’re not as good. 

I said before the season starts that this defense has the potential to be just as good if not better than last season, and based off of the three weeks of this season and last year, I am right so far. The crazy thing is that we can get even better with a few tweaks here and there 

I think fans look at last year trying to compare things this year and it doesn’t look the same with no Staley as the DC and no JJ or Hill as DB’s. The Rams run defense is still really good besides Wk 1 when really it was just Mont breaking tackles bc the Rams didn’t tackle well. The Rams D is still great but it’s not special like last season. So I don’t know why people are making the Rams D out to be trash when it’s not. The stats don’t tell all of the story. And I agree the Rams can get and will get better on that side of the ball too as the season goes along. The main thing is they know they don’t have to play perfect to win now. The Rams have a special offense with two MVP’s early on in Stafford and Kupp. Stafford obviously the front runner now and this game is the statement game for him bc he clearly outplayed Brady and it wasn’t even close. 

• Like 1