Jump to content

Week 3: Buccaneers(2-0) vs. Rams (2-0)


Recommended Posts

Great win! The offense looks better than I ever could of imagined with Stafford and the O-line is over performing vs. my expectations.

The defense deserves so much credit for today. Young and SJD are the unsung heros of this defense. Taylor Rapp looked to be the weak link yesterday and Brady picked on him when possible, but we were stout vs the Run and consistently got pressure.

We're the best team in the NFL after Week 3. First division game next week vs ARI. Let's goooo fellas. This feels very different from 2018 (to me).

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Great win! The offense looks better than I ever could of imagined with Stafford and the O-line is over performing vs. my expectations.

The defense deserves so much credit for today. Young and SJD are the unsung heros of this defense. Taylor Rapp looked to be the weak link yesterday and Brady picked on him when possible, but we were stout vs the Run and consistently got pressure.

We're the best team in the NFL after Week 3. First division game next week vs ARI. Let's goooo fellas. This feels very different from 2018 (to me).

TBF to Rapp, he was guarding Godwin a few times. He's likely never going to hold up on that type of match-up. 

I do think you are misremembering 2018. At least the first half where we are at now. This game felt like the Vikings game. But unless there are injuries, I do not see this offense having a post-bye slump like that offense did. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

TBF to Rapp, he was guarding Godwin a few times. He's likely never going to hold up on that type of match-up. 

I do think you are misremembering 2018. At least the first half where we are at now. This game felt like the Vikings game. But unless there are injuries, I do not see this offense having a post-bye slump like that offense did. 

Oh no I remember it. Vikings on TNF and then Chiefs later in the season on MNF.

I've listned to a bunch of podcasts with people connected to the Patriots and they said of ALL the superbowls they were in, this felt like the most lock. They had all the faith in the world they would confuse Goff. I still remember questioning the McVay in his ear piece that was repeated by the media at nauseum that season and it turned out to be true.

Outside of injuries, I feel we can beat any team in the league, and are legit never out of any game even if we get behind or lose the turnover battle. I didn't feel that in 2018.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Oh no I remember it. Vikings on TNF and then Chiefs later in the season on MNF.

I've listned to a bunch of podcasts with people connected to the Patriots and they said of ALL the superbowls they were in, this felt like the most lock. They had all the faith in the world they would confuse Goff. I still remember questioning the McVay in his ear piece that was repeated by the media at nauseum that season and it turned out to be true.

Outside of injuries, I feel we can beat any team in the league, and are legit never out of any game even if we get behind or lose the turnover battle. I didn't feel that in 2018.

Again, that was all after the fact. The Rams started out the year 11-1 going into the bye. How would this team fair if Kupp goes down midway through the year?

The 15 second thing came up due to the 2017 Vikings game which seemed to disprove that notion with the offensive explosion on TNF. I think most fans going into the bye thought the Rams can beat anyone and they would have been right. That SB was tied going into the 4th. Very far from a lock like Russillo hilariously likes to claim.

That said, I do hold this team in that same regard. Though I think there are more elite teams this year than in 2018. Getting a bye and then playing a sorry Cowboys team was a gift that we probably won't get this year. Especially with only 1 bye spot. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

Again, that was all after the fact. The Rams started out the year 11-1 going into the bye. How would this team fair if Kupp goes down midway through the year?

It wouldn't fair well. That's why I said "outside of injuries".

 

6 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

The 15 second thing came up due to the 2017 Vikings game which seemed to disprove that notion with the offensive explosion on TNF. I think most fans going into the bye thought the Rams can beat anyone and they would have been right. That SB was tied going into the 4th. Very far from a lock like Russillo hilariously likes to claim.

 

He's relaying information. He's not making a claim himself. 

 

6 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

That said, I do hold this team in that same regard. Though I think there are more elite teams this year than in 2018. Getting a bye and then playing a sorry Cowboys team was a gift that we probably won't get this year. Especially with only 1 bye spot. 

We also feel like we have a home field advantage for the first time in....years? SoFi is LOUD and for the Rams.

I view this team differently, but to each his own.

Edited by BStanRamFan
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

We also feel like we have a home field advantage for the first time in....years? SoFi is LOUD and for the Rams.

Very nice addition. It did look like a lot of red in the stands but definitely loud.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not worried about Rapp, just like McVay will scheme it so an ILB is guarding Kupp other OC's are going to create mismatches. There are no DC's that want Rapp guarding Godwin and that's not what Rapp is on the field for but these kind of things happen. Rapp will be fine at what he does and occasionally have plays like yesterday. No teams SS is going to be able to guard Godwin 1 on 1.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Oh no I remember it. Vikings on TNF and then Chiefs later in the season on MNF.

I've listned to a bunch of podcasts with people connected to the Patriots and they said of ALL the superbowls they were in, this felt like the most lock. They had all the faith in the world they would confuse Goff. I still remember questioning the McVay in his ear piece that was repeated by the media at nauseum that season and it turned out to be true.

Outside of injuries, I feel we can beat any team in the league, and are legit never out of any game even if we get behind or lose the turnover battle. I didn't feel that in 2018.

If it turned out to be true, there was an easy solution to the problem. McVay could use hurry up and have Goff snap the ball before 15 seconds. That way, he would be in his ears and defenses would be unable to shift after the 15-second mark. People like to run with that because it is a simple explanation to a complex problem, and people love simple explanations.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

If it turned out to be true, there was an easy solution to the problem. McVay could use hurry up and have Goff snap the ball before 15 seconds. That way, he would be in his ears and defenses would be unable to shift after the 15-second mark. People like to run with that because it is a simple explanation to a complex problem, and people love simple explanations.

It is complex. You can't run hurry the entire game and risk gassing your defense or continuing to give the ball back to the most superbowl tested QB ever lol

The point of bringing those stories up is that there were doubts about that team even though it was a Superbowl team (did we really beat the Saints?). The Patriots felt gifted to play us as a result.

Outside of a huge injury, I have no doubts about this team beating anyone or if we play poorly/turn over the ball, can bounce back mid game. We knew very early on in games last year if we were going to win or lose based on the play of Goff that day. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ive never felt this confidence in our offense. Even in 18.. There seems to be no limitations.. No chains or restrictions on our play calling… Unreal feeling. Atmosphere was freaking electric yesterday. Amazing win.. The defense was fast and Agressive. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

If it turned out to be true, there was an easy solution to the problem. McVay could use hurry up and have Goff snap the ball before 15 seconds. That way, he would be in his ears and defenses would be unable to shift after the 15-second mark. People like to run with that because it is a simple explanation to a complex problem, and people love simple explanations.

I simply think Goff got lazy. There were reports that he stopped being the first one in and last one out. He was ok with just going into the super bowl. But McVay is a driven person. If he goes 100% he expects you to match it! Goff simply never took the step forward necessary.. It’s why their relationship soured half way thru the year. Goff kept making the same mistakes over and over. Same mechanics.. He never had the balls to tell Mcvay to stfu when he could have.. There’s been many of times where Goff audible to a better play, then Mcvay would say that was a great call.. There just wasn’t enough of that.. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Great win! The offense looks better than I ever could of imagined with Stafford and the O-line is over performing vs. my expectations.

The defense deserves so much credit for today. Young and SJD are the unsung heros of this defense. Taylor Rapp looked to be the weak link yesterday and Brady picked on him when possible, but we were stout vs the Run and consistently got pressure.

We're the best team in the NFL after Week 3. First division game next week vs ARI. Let's goooo fellas. This feels very different from 2018 (to me).

Ima put 500 on us beating the cards.. I simply dont see anyone from the west beating us.. I loved how Mcvay neutralized the pass rush. It’s something that GB and others have done to us! With Matthew protecting the ball much better! It becomes lethal. Because he takes what the defense gives him!! And that is a dream come true.. 

 

 

My mindset of Stafford has changed so much.. Unreal. Even as a rams homer he’s played much better than I would have ever had hoped. Feels so good that Mcvay doesn’t have to call the perfect play.. I love how Stafford goes for it on 3rd.. while with Goff he’ll dump it off 3 yards and expect the player to break 15 tackles. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't get me wrong, i was happy with yesterday win but the Buccs defense was nowhere like a top defense in the NFL. 

Stafford proved he could win big game, he made some big throws too and it's always a pleasure to see bombs like the one to D Jax for a TD ! 

He has a special connection with Kupp. I don't know what to think about this...in one hand he's unstoppable but on the other hand if he's hurt could he had this connection with Woods or another receiver ? That's a big question for me. 

 

19 hours ago, NYRamsFan88 said:

Tom Brady was the Bucs leading rusher today…. That’s how good this defense played today….Ronald Jones and Fournette in the backfield and your biggest threat running the rock was Brady? Come on man 😂😂 you guys can’t tell me this defense isn’t doing its job. 

The buccs are not known to have a big running game so run defense looks good yesterday. 

Defense was great yesterday but this doesn't change my mind. We have to pray that Donald and Ramsey won't get hurt this season. 

11 hours ago, NYRamsFan88 said:

How about this offensive line? Bears Colts Bucs all have stout front 7s, these guys are really earning a paycheck, and to think they were the biggest concern going into the season; this could be considered a strength now. 

Again, everything is good right now but we have to pray that no one get hurt this season. 

The real test will be next week against the cardinals pass rush and secondary. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...