Week 3: Buccaneers(2-0) vs. Rams (2-0)

BStanRamFan

2 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

I'm certainly guilty of being worried that our O-Line was not improved and lacks depth heading into the season. While we still lack depth, Brian Allen/Austin Corbett have exceeded my expectations greatly. Haven't heard anything about Edwards, but with O-linemen, that's usually a good thing. 

It's pretty funny and keep in mind I'm not calling you out specifically on this. But there are people who questioned the trade not questioned Stafford but what we gave up and why we paid Jared only to bail on him. Those people were called out and continue to be called out and criticized. There are people who questioned McVay on his not addressing the OLine in the draft or free agency along with other positions like ILB and an Edge opposite Floyd even people who questioned giving Floyd that kind of money. Those second group of people are ok and free from criticism but the first are still to this day talked down to. Even have their fandom questioned.

I was a big fan of the Allen draft pick then 2019 happened and the tape was bad. He got hurt in 2019 and 2020 and I was ready to give up on a pick that I liked to start with. Same to be honest goes for Noteboom too much bad tape too many injuries. But I think while he was good with quality guys like Whit, Saffold and Havenstein Kromer failed to develop draft picks for the most part. Carberry coming from college and one that develops good linemen in particular seems to have changed that trend. I like Allen I just worry about health and now we're going to have to pay him or move on from him in the offseason which isn't an ideal situation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

It's pretty funny and keep in mind I'm not calling you out specifically on this. But there are people who questioned the trade not questioned Stafford but what we gave up and why we paid Jared only to bail on him. Those people were called out and continue to be called out and criticized. There are people who questioned McVay on his not addressing the OLine in the draft or free agency along with other positions like ILB and an Edge opposite Floyd even people who questioned giving Floyd that kind of money. Those second group of people are ok and free from criticism but the first are still to this day talked down to. Even have their fandom questioned.

QB is the most important position in all of sports.There were people who commented (not you) that they would be less interested in the team and possibly move fan bases because of the Goff trade. No one made those comments about Floyd or O-line. Your example is apples and oranges. 

Also, the ESPN article outlined why Goff was paid early (to beat the Mahomes deal that would reset the market) and then bailed on (he never progressed mentally).

I've been very good about not rubbing anyones nose in the Goff/Stafford trade after our start, but you should probably of let this one go. 

4 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

I was a big fan of the Allen draft pick then 2019 happened and the tape was bad. He got hurt in 2019 and 2020 and I was ready to give up on a pick that I liked to start with. Same to be honest goes for Noteboom too much bad tape too many injuries. But I think while he was good with quality guys like Whit, Saffold and Havenstein Kromer failed to develop draft picks for the most part. Carberry coming from college and one that develops good linemen in particular seems to have changed that trend. I like Allen I just worry about health and now we're going to have to pay him or move on from him in the offseason which isn't an ideal situation.

I think everyone is very happy after this win and it's normal to be happy as Stafford answer a lot of question, Oline and defense seems good also.

Netherless, don't forget that we just played 3 games so far and we still have 14 games to play....it's a long season and injury will happen. I hope not but let's pray we will have our 5 OL healthy enough to get them to the playoff together. 

So it's okay to say yeah people critizise Mcvay/Snead for this draft are wrong...i mean for now ! 

And until Tutu gets a season with at least 500 rec yards and 6 TD, it  would be always a waste pick for me. 

It's alright to get excited and we should be but the season is long and we have to see consitency from certain player before crowning them...

23 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

QB is the most important position in all of sports.There were people who commented (not you) that they would be less interested in the team and possibly move fan bases because of the Goff trade. No one made those comments about Floyd or O-line. Your example is apples and oranges. 

Also, the ESPN article outlined why Goff was paid early (to beat the Mahomes deal that would reset the market) and then bailed on (he never progressed mentally).

I've been very good about not rubbing anyones nose in the Goff/Stafford trade after our start, but you should probably of let this one go. 

Not apples to oranges at all. And the fact you even think about so called running anyone’s nose is the problem I’m talking about. Every game day thread there are people with Goff so deep in their heads they make comments about him often times with massive exaggerations. Everybody is entitled to their opinions this desire to tell others how much better you are then them for having a different opinion is not only childish it’s toxic.

Every draft every free agency period, every starting position or roster spot people can say they thought something different can be done. Sitting back and acting superior and pointing fingers is useless.

50 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Not apples to oranges at all. And the fact you even think about so called running anyone’s nose is the problem I’m talking about. Every game day thread there are people with Goff so deep in their heads they make comments about him often times with massive exaggerations. Everybody is entitled to their opinions this desire to tell others how much better you are then them for having a different opinion is not only childish it’s toxic.

Every draft every free agency period, every starting position or roster spot people can say they thought something different can be done. Sitting back and acting superior and pointing fingers is useless.

The premise is the same, the examples are completely different. Yes, it is apples and oranges.

I haven't *rubbed anyone's nose in it cause I agree it brings no value to this board, but you felt a need to bring it up. So, I got on my soap box. What the Rams did in paying Goff and then bailing on him/trading 1st rounders to move on is unheard of. It's foolish to think this move wouldn't be looked at under a microscope by not only Rams fans, but the NFL as a whole. No one is better than anyone here, it was about trusting the judgement of McVay/Snead vs. thinking they know what is best for the team. Some of us supported McVay/Snead and some of us didn't. Through 3 games, the answer is obvious.

We can go back to avoiding the topic though because it serves no purpose in harping on the past. 

7 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

The premise is the same, the examples are completely different. Yes, it is apples and oranges.

I haven't *rubbed anyone's nose in it cause I agree it brings no value to this board, but you felt a need to bring it up. So, I got on my soap box. What the Rams did in paying Goff and then bailing on him/trading 1st rounders to move on is unheard of. It's foolish to think this move wouldn't be looked at under a microscope by not only Rams fans, but the NFL as a whole. No one is better than anyone here, it was about trusting the judgement of McVay/Snead vs. thinking they know what is best for the team. Some of us supported McVay/Snead and some of us didn't. Through 3 games, the answer is obvious.

We can go back to avoiding the topic though because it serves no purpose in harping on the past. 

The only correction is they didn't pay 1st rounders to move on. They paid firsts for Stafford. I think it has been clear that if the Rams wanted to trade Goff straight up that they could have gotten some draft capital for him. But it served no purpose to get a day 2 pick for Goff and then roll with Wolford. We needed a QB with this SB caliber roster. 

• Like 1

On 10/3/2021 at 4:49 PM, rocky_rams said:

Taylor Rapp doesn’t look good this season 

Terrell Lewis so far has looked like he can be a starter 

I’m curious how bad Burgess looked in camp to lose his job and not ever play in the first 4 games lol 

• Like 1