Jaguars trade for DT Marcell Dareus

pwny

6 minutes ago, iPwn said:

There’s no reason to think this. There’s still far more than enough cap space to work with.

Yeah, and I mean outside of A-Rob there's not much left to pick up in terms of cap hit(maybe Colvin). Attack the draft for a TE, OG, RT(maybe?). Just consider this our FA splash for the year, don't think there's much to dive into this offseason anyway.

Push Bortles' cap hit into the new QB cap hit and it probably only increases a few million.

44 minutes ago, VLoo said:

Yeah, he's really been a JAG this year. I thought he was coming on last year but he hasn't really gotten to another level. Oh well.

Also - my gripe with Abry also wasn’t even a gripe with Abry, just that Abry was the defining developed player under Wash and it made me uneasy that a rotation player was the best development he had.

Wash got his boon of player development this offseason though. Ramsey, Telvin, Jack, Ngakoue, Fowler have all made big steps ahead this year; the former four into various levels of stardom. 

14 minutes ago, VLoo said:

Push Bortles' cap hit into the new QB cap hit and it probably only increases a few million.

If that. The guaranteed money that the QB would get would allow the first year of the deal to be lower if need be.

For instance, Derek Carr’s year 1 cap hit is $15.7M. Matt Stafford’s year 1 cap hit is $16.5M. Andrew Luck’s year 1 cap hit is $18.4M. Those are the last 3 major QB contracts, iirc and the three biggest AAV. Currently, Blake’s year 5 is $19M.

Even if they get Cousins at the richest contract ever, it probably won’t be more than a half mill increase on the 2018 cap.

I have a lot of love in my heart for the Jaguars. I think this is finally their year to get back to the playoffs. Man, if Blake can actually be a decent game manager, y'all might find yourselves on a deep playoff run. Your defense has the potential to be 2012 to 2014 Seahawks good if Dareus is the run stopper you need. I don't want to jinx y'all, but with your schedule and talent, you have no business missing the playoffs.

Man, if the Rams and Jaguars both made it to the playoffs this year, that would be incredible. *knock on wood* It's too bad it's coming a year late for me.

Archived