Dareus Traded to Jaguars

xian3000

Brief report from ESPN. We got a sixth rounder for him? 

It really seems like the new regime is not about to reform players who aren't fitting the mold. Shipping people out seems to be the M.O. Only a 6th rounder though? That seems weak.

thats 14.2 mil in dead money next year.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21187661/marcell-dareus-buffalo-bills-heading-jacksonville-jaguars-trade
http://es.pn/2yRuJce

22 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

That makes sense but I was still thinking a third or a fourth rounder given how much money we would be eating. So much wasted money.

Would have been an absolute steal if they got a 3rd.

I was a little bummed when I saw it was only a 6th round, but I am just happy to have the contract gone finally and the cancer really. 

It's barely saving us money. I'd rather have him considering all the dead money we owe him. The 6th round pick is pretty close to useless.

I really wish this staff would've given him a chance to bump his value this year and trade him in the offseason if he's really that big of a problem. Who knows, maybe Dareus could've swayed their opinion of him in the process. 

I'm in the minority I think in that I don't like this move.

13 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

This is just a stupid ******* move. We're saving no money and heaven forbid Kyle Williams gets hurt or a major defensive injury happens. McD is playing with fire 

And he was also a joint from being suspended for the year, correct?

He didn’t care about playing here dude. 

14 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

And he was also a joint from being suspended for the year, correct?

He didn’t care about playing here dude. 

This.

And Kyle Williams is irrelevant as they played different DT positions and Dareus wasn't even starting beside him! I wouldn't call 8mil over two years little to no money. 

Like others, I hoped for a higher pick, but at least we got something...maybe a 5th. He was essentially dead weight IMO, so I really am not upset he's gone. As Beane said, this benefits the team long term...through addition by subtraction. Is it perfect value? No, but it had to be done. We wanted a front office that made the tough decisions that ultimately set us up for success. I'm glad they aren't apologizing for going for it.

5 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

That makes sense but I was still thinking a third or a fourth rounder given how much money we would be eating. So much wasted money.

If you guys wouldn't have been so desperate to move him/wouldn't have already had such a sour relationship between Dareus/Buffalo I think you most definitely could have gotten more. But it's quite obvious that Buffalo and Dareus needed to head their seperate ways, therefore setting the price very low.

Think I read it could turn into a 5th pending on production. We'll see, but I think a change of scenery+the way our DC runs the defense (all about playing to players strengths, not forcing them into certain roles of their scheme regardless of fit) could do wonders for him. Either way, win-win on both sides I feel like.

We need to stop doing this. I don't care if he sucked this year, he CLEARLY still has talent and we traded him for absolutely nothing while still eating the vast majority of his money. We have all seen how utterly and absolutely dominant the man can be when he wants to be, why the hell trade him for nothing instead of at least hoping the coaches can get at least SOME of that back out of him?

Eventually this franchise needs to seriously start retaining talent or we're going to be stuck on this damn treadmill FOREVER.

He is such a waste of talent. Wish he could get his head on straight. He was playing like a rotational player on a 100 million dollar contract. 

Kinda wish we made this deal in offseason or have Jacksonville throw in a player whose contract expires at thr end of this year tho because we get nothing for this year.

Archived