Dareus Traded to Jaguars

xian3000

37 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Unless I'm missing something I think at some point our depth is gonna get tested. McD and Beane earned reserved judgement so far but I think this is still a questionable move 

He's played less then Washington, Thorton and Worthy the last few weeks. Marqevious Lewis is still out there if the Bills wish.

Sure the depth nay be "tested" but its not like these guys haven't been playing a lot already. 

11 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

We need to stop doing this. I don't care if he sucked this year, he CLEARLY still has talent and we traded him for absolutely nothing while still eating the vast majority of his money. We have all seen how utterly and absolutely dominant the man can be when he wants to be, why the hell trade him for nothing instead of at least hoping the coaches can get at least SOME of that back out of him?

Eventually this franchise needs to seriously start retaining talent or we're going to be stuck on this damn treadmill FOREVER.

Retaining talent isn't enough if they don't fit the system, team culture, etc. It's also possible something else/additional occurred that hasn't been made public. Maybe he missed a team meeting after last week's game or, given Dareus, who knows?!? The guy makes stupid decisions and you already mentioned he's not committed to try hard consistently. That example of missing a meeting might seem insignificant, but when you add up all the little things with him, his inconsistent play, and that high contract, it may have been decided that he was more of a negative to the team than... Never mind, he obviously was a bigger negative or else he'd still be here! I would have liked to see more in return (like a 1-yr player marshawn mentioned), but I'm still comfortable trusting Beane & McD at this point.

22 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Unless I'm missing something I think at some point our depth is gonna get tested. McD and Beane earned reserved judgement so far but I think this is still a questionable move 

Yeah guys like Washington and Thorton have actually played more I believe. We have got very little play out of Marcel and still got off to a great start. He doesn't seem as important in this defense as he has in past defenses were our run defense would suck with out him.

18 hours ago, BigMountainGoat said:

Like drafting a CB at the end of the 1st who is currently a top 5 ranked CB in the league, never mind just amongst rookies? Whilst at the same time getting an extra 1st?

Well yea. This years draft is off to a stellar start. The guys we picked are not just good players, but seem to be good and mature people off the field.

He's clearly referring to the drafts before this one. Gilmore, Dareus, Watkins, Darby, Manuel, Spiller, list goes on unfortunately. Don't want to make y'all sick lol.

12 minutes ago, NickChowaniec said:

Well yea. This years draft is off to a stellar start. The guys we picked are not just good players, but seem to be good and mature people off the field.

He's clearly referring to the drafts before this one. Gilmore, Dareus, Watkins, Darby, Manuel, Spiller, list goes on unfortunately. Don't want to make y'all sick lol.

Well we got great value out of Watkins and Darby to say the least. Not like they were busts. They were highly covered in the league. May not be in team anymore but I don't mind drafting guys who get us great value!

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

Makes me more sad thinking about another top draft pick by us that didn’t get us to the playoffs. It’s like I can’t even blame he athletes anymore because I think the city is legit cursed.

Best fans tho. For real 

Man, that goodbye letter felt really heartfelt. I think a lot of us were done with Dareus and it was his time to move on but he always seemed like a good guy outside of all the football stuff. I'm definitely going to blame Dareus, at least partially, because the suspensions and apparent lack of effort this offseason but it feels a lot more like an opportunity from the Bills side than a bust. The constant turnover in coaching staff and defensive schemes certainly didn't do him any favors. I think Dareus will be at least somewhat fondly remembered by Bills fans at the end of the day. He had a slow start to his career and the last couple of years weren't ideal but we had some good years with him and he genuinely seemed to be really fond of the team and the city which really goes far for me. 

Archived