Jump to content

Week 3 General Discussion Thread


NYRaider
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Looking forward to the Bucs at Rams, Packers at 49ers, and Chargers at Chiefs games.

Bucs/Rams and Packers/49ers should be good. Chiefs I have a feeling might win comfortably, they are gonna be super motivated after that loss I’m sure. 

Also, Seattle/Minnesota should be a fun scorefest between two decent teams. Important game for Seattle. Even more important for Minnesota. If Zimmer starts around 0-4, he’s toast. I think the Vikings will win though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Looking at the Panther schedule, still think they will go around 9-8 and miss the playoffs, but the team is certainly on the rise. 

12-5 is what I would see right now. The Panthers have a great defense and have an easy schedule until the last 4 games into the season. I could see them have only 2 or 3 losses until then.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, SBLIII said:

12-5 is what I would see right now. The Panthers have a great defense and have an easy schedule until the last 4 games into the season. I could see them have only 2 or 3 losses until then.

 

Ehh disagree. I had them 2-1 to start the year and still finishing 6-11. They had three of the easiest first games in the league. They are not sweeping Atlanta or New Orleans. And likely swept by Tampa. 

I may sound like I’m hating but I’m not. I like Rhule, Darnold, Moore, and a lottt of that young defense. I was a huge Gross-Matos fan in college. 
 

Honestly outside of the Raiders, my top rooting interests are probably Green Bay, Tampa Bay, Carolina, and lately the Cardinals. 
 

I refuse to cheer on anyone in the AFC lol. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Bucs/Rams and Packers/49ers should be good. Chiefs I have a feeling might win comfortably, they are gonna be super motivated after that loss I’m sure. 

The Chiefs defense has looked terrible so far this season and in their one matchup where both teams starters played it was a 23-20 W for Kansas City last year. Their games have all been relatively close over the past few years and Brandon Staley has the Chargers defense looking very good so far this season. I'd take Chiefs ML, but I don't think they cover 7 points. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Also, Seattle/Minnesota should be a fun scorefest between two decent teams. Important game for Seattle. Even more important for Minnesota. If Zimmer starts around 0-4, he’s toast. I think the Vikings will win though. 

Dalvin Cook likely isn't going to play so I think that's a tough one for the Vikings. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Chiefs defense has looked terrible so far this season and in their one matchup where both teams starters played it was a 23-20 W for Kansas City last year. Their games have all been relatively close over the past few years and Brandon Staley has the Chargers defense looking very good so far this season. I'd take Chiefs ML, but I don't think they cover 7 points. 

We just need to swap grizzled veteran Dan “Dirty Dan” Sorensen out with Juan Thornhill and we’ll be good.

Thornhill was a pro bowler as a rookie then he tore his ACL but in preseason this year he looked back to his old self. Dan Sorensen is currently leading the league in missed tackles by a healthy margin and is basically a likeable scrub.

Also Frank Clark doesn’t wear down over the course of the season and is always a beast in the playoffs and this could be a contract year for him due to his contract design.  So you get an already proven playoff beast in a contract year.

And 2nd round MLB sophomore Willie Gay Jr comes back soon from a toe injury alot of chiefs fans are high on him for some reason I’m not one of them but you bring him back and have rookie Nick Bolton who I am high on and has looked great so far progress over the season and let DT Jarran Reed get adjusted with the new guys I think we’ll be fine.

Ravens and Browns are the two worst teams our defense could’ve faced to start the year with the new DL arrangement and LB injuries Dan Sorensen not yet being benched and historically poor run defense.

One thing I am concerned about that I’ll give you is Chris Jones being a touch too slow at DE. I still remember when he got hurt towards the end of the season our super bowl run and gutted his way back into the super bowl crap like that can affect your career and he’s just a defensive tackle in build it’s rare to ever see a dude this big at DE in a 4 man front.

Edited by Kirill
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Whilst Herbert isn't Patrick Mahomes, it's going to be so interesting to see if the Chargers Defense can peg the QB gap.

The Chargers defense has looked good the first two weeks under Brandon Staley, Chiefs are like 1-13-1 ATS in their last 15 games, interested to see if Herbert can finally put some points up.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...