Week 3 General Discussion Thread

NYRaider

Just now, Jetzger said:

Nope.  I'm disputing that Patrick Mahomes, the best QB in the league, couldn't make a more accurate pass than that, especially if he had actually, you know, looked at his targeted wide out. 

If he looks, Kemp isn't wide open like that.

• Like 2

Just now, BlaqOptic said:

Yeah, except for we lose a prime year of Watt-Tuitt-Heyward-Fitzpatrick to appease Ben's ego.

I will give Steelers fans credit...all last year when I thought that they would move on, just about every one of you guys told me you wouldn't lol 

Just now, Jetzger said:

Nope.  I'm disputing that Patrick Mahomes, the best QB in the league, couldn't make a more accurate pass than that, especially if he had actually, you know, looked at his targeted wide out. 

As with most things, you're both mostly right...

Pat probably could have done better, WR probably could have done better

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BigTrav said:

If you look at the prediction thread, there's only a few people who didn't have them winning the division. Their average wins predicted was something like 9 or 10 (I'll check tomorrow). They're usually cited in 'best defense in nfl' top 5/10 lists, but again I'll check to make sure

That is overrating. 

Winning a division with a bad NYG team, a Jalen Hurts-led Eagles team and a Cowboys team with no defense to speak of isn't a stretch. I mean, 7-9 got the job done in the division last year, so it's not exactly a competetive division. Also, a lot of this was predicated on Ryan Fitzpatrick as the QB. Once he gets hurt, the calculus changes.

I'd still have the defense as top 10ish, but I'll concede that's a bit of a misnomer for now...

TL;DR - I don't think they're overrated or underrated. Just "rated".

Just now, Forge said:

I will give Steelers fans credit...all last year when I thought that they would move on, just about every one of you guys told me you wouldn't lol 

The issue is we thought that here would be wrinkles thrown into this offense to negate the lack of a deep passing game and overreliance on Ben. Unfortunately, Matt Canada is literally running the game offense that we saw from Weeks 11 on last year. It's not that Najee and the line suck. But teams literally can play 1 High Safety and load the box because there is literally no fear of a throw more than 15 yards to keep them honest.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Winning a division with a bad NYG team, a Jalen Hurts-led Eagles team and a Cowboys team with no defense to speak of isn't a stretch. I mean, 7-9 got the job done in the division last year, so it's not exactly a competetive division. Also, a lot of this was predicated on Ryan Fitzpatrick as the QB. Once he gets hurt, the calculus changes.

I'd still have the defense as top 10ish, but I'll concede that's a bit of a misnomer for now...

TL;DR - I don't think they're overrated or underrated. Just "rated".

there was only a 3 win difference between 1st and last place. How is that not a competitive division?