Jump to content

Week 3 General Discussion Thread


NYRaider
 Share

Recommended Posts

Rams/Bucs could be game of the year. Or either team could get blown out. Not sure what to think of this game...

Both have a pass rush that can take over. Both have defenses that have played beneath their caliber. Both have weapons for days in the passing game. Both should struggle to run the ball.

People will make it something that it probably isn't though - the Bucs sort of showed last year that when you bring in a vet QB, it takes a while to get going. Stafford has started out pretty well but I expect him to be better later in the season.

Conversely, the Bucs showed that the regular season doesn't mean much to them last year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Rams/Bucs could be game of the year. Or either team could get blown out. Not sure what to think of this game...

Both have a pass rush that can take over. Both have defenses that have played beneath their caliber. Both have weapons for days in the passing game. Both should struggle to run the ball.

People will make it something that it probably isn't though - the Bucs sort of showed last year that when you bring in a vet QB, it takes a while to get going. Stafford has started out pretty well but I expect him to be better later in the season.

Conversely, the Bucs showed that the regular season doesn't mean much to them last year.

We just had GOTY last Sunday night.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Rams/Bucs could be game of the year. Or either team could get blown out. Not sure what to think of this game...

Both have a pass rush that can take over. Both have defenses that have played beneath their caliber. Both have weapons for days in the passing game. Both should struggle to run the ball.

People will make it something that it probably isn't though - the Bucs sort of showed last year that when you bring in a vet QB, it takes a while to get going. Stafford has started out pretty well but I expect him to be better later in the season.

Conversely, the Bucs showed that the regular season doesn't mean much to them last year.

The Rams run defense has been meh but their secondary has been top notch through the first two weeks. I'm fairly confident the Rams pull this one out for a few reasons:

1) The Buccaneers secondary has allowed 700 yards and 5 passing TD's in their first two games and IIRC they're missing a few key guys with injuries on the back end. That doesn't really bode well going up against Stafford. 

2) The Rams beat the Buccaneers in Tampa last season with Jared Goff starting at quarterback. And I think the home field advantage will be on full display at SoFi.

3) AB is probably going to miss the game which will allow Ramsey to shadow Mike Evans throughout the game.

4) Whether they'll admit it or not I think the fact that they have to travel to New England next week to play Brady's return game is on their minds. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

How did the Panthers get him for so cheap and why did the Cardinals let him walk?  

One of the true mysteries of the NFL. Before free agency started he was one of the only players I wanted us to pursue. His high end sack production was an outlier in Arizona and if IIRC he took a 1 year deal so that he could set himself up to get a bigger deal next year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Rams run defense has been meh but their secondary has been top notch through the first two weeks.

The run defense was meh vs the Bears but really good against Indy. Though the pass defense wasn't top notch against the Colts. There were several busts/big plays given up. At least early on, it is definitely not the same #1 defense last year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, LeotheLion said:

The run defense was meh vs the Bears but really good against Indy. Though the pass defense wasn't top notch against the Colts. There were several busts/big plays given up. At least early on, it is definitely not the same #1 defense last year.

Agreed. Losing Brandon Staley was a much bigger loss than people realize and they also lost a few key pieces in their secondary in guys like Troy Hill and John Johnson. Either way they're still 8th in scoring defense and 12th in yards allowed so far this year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...