Week 3 General Discussion Thread

NYRaider

3 hours ago, Danger said:

Do you think any player resents their Super Bowl Ring more than Carson Wentz?

I can’t think of anyone.  The next best example I can think of is Jeremy Shockey. 

Hurt in December, the team beats New England, declines to celebrate with the team, gets into it with Coughlin and Reese, and gets traded before the following season.  I can’t imagine he gets a peaceful, easy feeling when he looks at his ring.

5 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Can any Jets fans explain this situation to me? Why is Mims not active?

So there's the official reason given by the team and then there is what I think is going on.

Officially, per the head coach, Mims is behind Davis Moore Crowder Cole and Berrios. Apparently, for Mims to get more playtime he needs to learn all the routes for the x y and z positions plus learn special teams to get any plays.

It's a load of BS. 

Saleh and Lafleur decided this past off season that they needed to upgrade the position and got ownership to okay a big deal for Davis and spent a second rounder on Moore. Mims fills the same role as Davis does and they don't want to look bad if Mims outplays Davis. They are giving those guys every chance while they burry Mims.

I should say there is a third theory. For the past two weeks they've said both mom's and crowder we're gametime decisions. It is possible that while Crowder is out, management feels like they need to keep Berrios on the roster since he fills the the slot role. Maybe they are just waiting for Crowder to get healthy so they can justify letting Mims play while only knowing the X routes? Still doesn't make sense but it is a theory.

12 hours ago, Riftty said:

He has his biggest challenge this week. He has never beat Mcvay, now is the perfect. Rams coming off a big win, team could come back down to earth a bit

The Cardinals have come back to earth the past two weeks after their dominant win over Tennessee week 1. Their run defense has been terrible and they were in close games with the Vikings and Jaguar before squeaking close victories. Kyler's decision making has also been questionable, 3 TD/3 INT the last two weeks and their running game with Conner/Edmonds has been ineffective as well. 

7 hours ago, Danger said:

Do you think any player resents their Super Bowl Ring more than Carson Wentz?

Maybe former Colts linebacker Mike Curtis who passed away recently. In the America's Game episode profiling Super Bowl V, Mike a couple of others seemed really depressed even though they won since they just never got over the fact that the Jets beat them in Super Bowl III.

3 hours ago, EvilenFroggen said:

I can’t think of anyone.  The next best example I can think of is Jeremy Shockey. 

Hurt in December, the team beats New England, declines to celebrate with the team, gets into it with Coughlin and Reese, and gets traded before the following season.  I can’t imagine he gets a peaceful, easy feeling when he looks at his ring.

But at least Shockey got one with the Saints later. Even scored a TD in the Super Bowl. 

• Like 1

I read that Ron Rivera has one specific piece of advice for Chase Young: Stop hesitating after three steps.

Give me a break. If you didn't understand that's what you were getting with Chase Young then you never paid attention at Ohio State. He was never an around the corner guy. Young would always take those 3 steps hard to the tackle's chest, then pause to evaluate. A big percentage of the time his Buckeye teammates were collapsing from all directions. But Young was easily the most wiry and aware. He'd see the quarterback in trouble and quickly redirect inside to devour.

Young has some very good skills. He was never going to pass the Waldo twitch test. That's why he dodged the combine. His high school SPARQ numbers were pedestrian at best. Good player who will occasionally wrack up cheap sacks against an overmatched tackle and weak quarterback. That's when it's more like a college game.

But I just don't know how you take a guy like that when Dwayne Haskins is your quarterback. I was saying t the time that both the Redskins and Giants should take a second swing. If so, one ends up with Tua and the other with Herbert.

Edited by Awsi Dooger