Week 8: Dareus to Jags

WizardHawk

Why in the hell don't we make this type of move to sure up our run defense??? Who is in charge of our FA/ Trade operations? Whoever it is SUCKS!!! Our big 3 FA signings this past offseason aren't even on the damn team!!! And its not even halfway thru the season!!!!!

20 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

Why in the hell don't we make this type of move to sure up our run defense??? Who is in charge of our FA/ Trade operations? Whoever it is SUCKS!!! Our big 3 FA signings this past offseason aren't even on the damn team!!! And its not even halfway thru the season!!!!!

Worst FA we have had in awhile. And that's saying something for a team that is said to bargain shop.

Our bargains this year were Paea, Carroll, and D.Moore.  

I guess you could count TWill and Brice Butler.  At least Butlers cheap 1 year deal is paying off.

51 minutes ago, Desperado82 said:

Don't really think they can be held at fault on Paea. 

As far as our run D, don't really think it'll be as much of an issue moving forward so long as Lee and Hitchens stay on the field. 

They can't be completely absolved and certainly won't be complimented for hiring(and slating to start((thus releasing Thornton(another FA signing)) a guy that was one ding away from retiring. Either they didn't do homework or hired him without question because of his history with Marinelli. This knee issue was a lingering issue that Paea  had been dealing with. The Cowboys stated they didn't think it was serious, yet it forced him to retire. Thornton was no savior but I see guys like Price getting reps now while the team scrambles for answers to the run defense. Sure retirement was unexpected but Paea, Carroll, and D.Moore were FA failures. Let's call it what it was.

I'm interested in why you think our run defense won't be much of an issue going forward with Lee and Hitchens. Is it because we won despite of it last week?  A previously dormant Carlos Hyde rumbled for 4.86 yards per carry with a long of 16 on just 14 carries, and it didn't exactly inspire hope in me. We were lucky to be up 30 and they had to pass a lot, because they were running all over us. Beathard and Hyde had 98 yards on 19 carries(5.15 ypc), in a game that left Lee visibly limping despite 3 weeks off.

I'm nervous about Chris Thompson and our run D as a whole. Our wins are going to have to come from out scoring people.  No way around it.

9 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

They can't be completely absolved and certainly won't be complimented for hiring(and slating to start((thus releasing Thornton(another FA signing)) a guy that was one ding away from retiring. Either they didn't do homework or hired him without question because of his history with Marinelli. This knee issue was a lingering issue that Paea  had been dealing with. The Cowboys stated they didn't think it was serious, yet it forced him to retire. Thornton was no savior but I see guys like Price getting reps now while the team scrambles for answers to the run defense. Sure retirement was unexpected but Paea, Carroll, and D.Moore were FA failures. Let's call it what it was.

I'm interested in why you think our run defense won't be much of an issue going forward with Lee and Hitchens. Is it because we won despite of it last week?  A previously dormant Carlos Hyde rumbled for 4.86 yards per carry with a long of 16 on just 14 carries, and it didn't exactly inspire hope in me. We were lucky to be up 30 and they had to pass a lot, because they were running all over us. Beathard and Hyde had 98 yards on 19 carries(5.15 ypc), in a game that left Lee visibly limping despite 3 weeks off.

I'm nervous about Chris Thompson and our run D as a whole. Our wins are going to have to come from out scoring people.  No way around it.

I'm an optimist, what can I say?

We've gone from one extreme to another. We used to do only FA, now we only do drafting. At least we're improving. It would be nice if we could do things like sign Dareus for a 6th. Or better yet what NE does and make one or 2 splashes every season cheaply just to see if it sticks.

2 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

We've gone from one extreme to another. We used to do only FA, now we only do drafting. At least we're improving. It would be nice if we could do things like sign Dareus for a 6th. Or better yet what NE does and make one or 2 splashes every season cheaply just to see if it sticks.

What's the happy medium or balance between the draft and free agency re talent acqusition?  

7 minutes ago, Northland said:

What's the happy medium or balance between the draft and free agency re talent acqusition?  

Hard to say, but whatever it is, Dallas doesn't know where it is. The good signings are far outweighed by the bad ones. Not much grey area to speak of either. They contribute well/short period (Ro/DMC) or completely flame out (long list). Not sure if this has made FO gun shy or what. they have to do better whatever the case. 

Archived