Week 8: Dareus to Jags

WizardHawk

3 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Jaylon Smith with another missed tackle. What a wasted pick. 4th round comp pick was fine. But 34th? No.

To be fair, it looks like he is a very raw, in over his head, high talent kinda guy. He needs to learn more, practice and perfect his cover skills and drill hard on tackling and pursuit. Likely also needs to heal up still, as im betting that leg is still part of his issues.

I didnt like him at 34, and still dont. The injury was too severe. But, I do see why the risk may have been viewed as worth it. He clearly has immense innate talent.

He's shown flashes but isn't complete just yet, basically a rookie. For a second round pick, I'm okay with that. I'm more than confident he'll be a much better player next year and show that talent that had him viewed as a top five pick.

Not sure what the logic is with the garroppolo trade. The pats were offered more than a second for him in last offseason, now they give him up for a single second rounder? reminds me of when Atlanta gave up Matt Schaub for a second after declining an offer the previous year for two seconds. 

Jimmy fits the Shannahan mold though. Good trade for the niners. Id sit him this year, earn a top pick, and let him study up on what can be a pain in the butt playbook to learn.

27 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Not sure what the logic is with the garroppolo trade. The pats were offered more than a second for him in last offseason, now they give him up for a single second rounder? reminds me of when Atlanta gave up Matt Schaub for a second after declining an offer the previous year for two seconds. 

Jimmy fits the Shannahan mold though. Good trade for the niners. Id sit him this year, earn a top pick, and let him study up on what can be a pain in the butt playbook to learn.

Sadly, that's unlikely to happen. He'll likely get a week at best and then be thrown to the fire.

45 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Graps is in a contract year, they have to play him and see what hes got. 

Archived