Trevor Lawrence is looking like a bad pick for the Jags

notthatbluestuff

Sorry, just adding to the general pattern emerging on the forum. 

Lawrence has never had to face adversity in his entire career, with wins handed to him week after week on an elite program. Now he's with a dumpster fire of a franchise and doesn't know what to do. What use is a guy that's used to winning when he's on a perpetually losing team? 

What's the point of drafting a QB at #1?  Prescott didn't go in the top 10.  Wilson didn't go in the top 10. Mahomes didn't go in the top 10.  Watson didn't go in the top 10. Rodgers didn't go in the top 10. Brady didn't go in the top 10. I think this proves that the Jags should have traded down and tried to get Fields or Jones in the teens.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

What's the point of drafting a QB at #1?  Prescott didn't go in the top 10.  Wilson didn't go in the top 10. Mahomes didn't go in the top 10.  Watson didn't go in the top 10. Rodgers didn't go in the top 10. Brady didn't go in the top 10. I think this proves that the Jags should have traded down and tried to get Fields or Jones in the teens.

Patrick Mahomes was the #10 pick.

• Like 7

Just now, jrry32 said:

Patrick Mahomes was the #10 pick.

11 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

What's the point of drafting a QB at #1?  Prescott didn't go in the top 10.  Wilson didn't go in the top 10. Mahomes didn't go in the top 9.  Watson didn't go in the top 10. Rodgers didn't go in the top 10. Brady didn't go in the top 10. I think this proves that the Jags should have traded down and tried to get Fields or Jones in the teens.

• Like 2

I'm guessing you were expecting a 2-0 Jaguars team and Lawerence to have established himself as the GOAT eh? How about the Jaguars get a him a OL and if things continue to look bad a better HC and see what Lawerence is made of. He has shown flashes but I do agree it isn't all there quite yet, still expect to see some great games from him in the future.

• Like 2

I personally think this drafting a QB and be the franchise cornerstone is wrong or bad thinking.

What most top QBs and their situations have shown when they got drafted is, is that they had good situations. Owner, coaching, OL, weapons and defense.

I certainly don't hope Lawrence or Wilson are busts but would not be shocked if we see another Sam Darnold in them.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

If they got serious players or draft picks in return, Fields at 9 or 10 would have been a great move imo.

Just now, jrry32 said:

What it proves, sir, is that you should always pick a QB at #10 overall if you want the next Mahomes.

Lol tell that to the Titans.

Since 2000, here’s what teams have done the 199th overall selection:

2000: New England Patriots -- Tom Brady, QB, Michigan; 5 Super Bowl rings, 2 NFL MVP, 12 Pro Bowls

2001: Tennessee Titans -- Adam Haayer, OT, Minnesota; 20 career games

2002: Chicago Bears -- Adrian Peterson, RB, Georgia Southern; 1,283 career rushing yards

2003: NY Giants -- Willie Ponder, WR, SE Missouri St.; 122 career KO returns

2004: Baltimore Ravens -- Clarence Moore, WR, Northern Arizona; 29 career catches

2005: Kansas City Chiefs -- Khari Long, DE, Baylor, 1 career game

2006: Indianapolis Colts -- Charlie Johnson, OT, Oklahoma State; 134 career games

2007: Miami Dolphins -- Drew Mormino, C, Central Michigan; no stats

2008: NY Giants -- Robert Henderson, DE, Southern Miss; no stats

2009: Oakland Raiders -- Stryker Sulak, DE, Missouri; no stats

2010: Minnesota Vikings -- Joe Webb, WR, Alabama-Birmingham; 8 career catches

2011: Kansas City Chiefs -- Jerrell Powe, DT, Ole Miss; 12 career tackles

2012: San Francisco 49ers -- Jason Slowey, OL, Western Oregon; no stats

2013: Detroit Lions -- Theo Riddick, RB, Notre Dame; 1,410 receiving yards

2014: Seattle Seahawks -- Garrett Scott, OL, Marshall; no stats

2015: Pittsburgh Steelers -- Leterrius Walton, DT, Central Michigan; 6 career tackles

2016: Cincinnati Bengals -- Cody Ware, WR, Ole Miss; 17 career catches

2017: Washington Redskins  --  Chase Roullier, C, Wyoming; 61 career games, 55 starts

2018: Tennessee Titans  -- Luke Falk, QB, Washington State, 2 starts, 0 TDs, 3 career INTs, 16 sacks taken