Trevor Lawrence is looking like a bad pick for the Jags

notthatbluestuff

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:
1 hour ago, DirtyDez said:

Half the teams in the league would trade their current QB for Trevor Lawrence including the teams with rookie QB’s (maybe NE keeps Mac).

I'll throw in Chase Young.

I'd throw in Zach Cunningham, Tytus Howard and Deshaun Watson.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Trevor didn't look too bad tonight against the Bengals for a guy starting his 4th NFL game for a team that went 1-15 last year.

Agree with this. I thought he looked pretty composed. He didn't try to play hero ball and tried to limit mistakes too which is a step. The plays called up for him were pretty good too I thought, some nice easy completions early to get him in rhythm and used his mobility well. He's on a team that's struggling but he'll be a very good QB in time, can the Jags surround him with enough to win consistently is the question I think. Also thought Burrow looked good too. Assured and made some really nice throws but how'd he miss that totally open guy on the failed QB sneak? Luckily didn't come back to bite him.

2 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Also thought Burrow looked good too. Assured and made some really nice throws but how'd he miss that totally open guy on the failed QB sneak? Luckily didn't come back to bite him.

I think he just had tunnell vision on the sneak, on the replay you can see his head never comes up.  Needs to be aware of his surroundings though.

2 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

It also didn't hurt Lawrence that the Bengals were missing one of their top 2 CB, the other top 2 CB playing his first game in almost 2 years, and their pro bowl free safety was out.

Yeah that defense was hurting the secondary last night.  and those guys missing are also good against the run, which was  a problem last night too.

4 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

It also didn't hurt Lawrence that the Bengals were missing one of their top 2 CB, the other top 2 CB playing his first game in almost 2 years, and their pro bowl free safety was out.

That’s part of the NFL. Most teams have a couple impact guys out.

We lost a top 2 WR and our starting LG in the first quarter.