Trevor Lawrence is looking like a bad pick for the Jags

notthatbluestuff

On 10/19/2021 at 11:07 PM, Broncofan said:

I mentioned this before the MIA game in the Bets thread, but I think barring injury, Trevor will win ROTY.   He's clearly the best rookie QB on the field right now.   And ppl clearly recognize how bad Urban Meyer is right now, the W-L record isn't going to be held against him.     His play has improved markedly in the last 2+ games - not surprising given his talent.  

He was +800 to win the ROTY award 2 weeks ago - now he's +400.    The window to get value on him closing fast (but that's for the Bets thread, so I'll leave it at that).

I still think chase wins.  

On 10/19/2021 at 10:07 PM, Broncofan said:

I mentioned this before the MIA game in the Bets thread, but I think barring injury, Trevor will win ROTY.   He's clearly the best rookie QB on the field right now.   And ppl clearly recognize how bad Urban Meyer is right now, the W-L record isn't going to be held against him.     His play has improved markedly in the last 2+ games - not surprising given his talent.  

He was +800 to win the ROTY award 2 weeks ago - now he's +400.    The window to get value on him closing fast (but that's for the Bets thread, so I'll leave it at that).

It should clearly be Chase. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

I agree but In 2019 Gardner minshew was legitimately screwed out of the 2019 oroy when he was offensive rookie of the month way more then any other player in his class.   Kinda would be karma

Not really. A decent QB season amongst other bad QB seasons beating out a legitimate superstar wideout season would simply be a sham and cost the award more credibility. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bullet Club said:

Not really. A decent QB season amongst other bad QB seasons beating out a legitimate superstar wideout season would simply be a sham and cost the award more credibility. 

The award already lacks credibility. Much like MVP awards there is a big limit to who is able to win it. There's virtually no chance for a lineman to win and QBs will always get bonus points.

Just now, drew39k said:

The award already lacks credibility. Much like MVP awards there is a big limit to who is able to win it. There's virtually no chance for a lineman to win and QBs will always get bonus points.

and not even every QB has a chance to win it. It's all about a storyline.

6 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

The award already lacks credibility when Murray won it over Gardner minshew when Gardner won the week award 7/16 weeks.

Just now, LinderFournette said:

I'm not sure but it's pretty terrible look when a guy wins the weekly award 7 times when no one else win it more then twice. 

Minshew didn't receive a single vote.  It was Murray, Jacobs, AJ Brown and Miles Sanders.  Minshew had a storyline around him all year, too.  I don't think Murray winning the award over him takes any credibility from the award, at all.   That's an interesting take.   I wasn't aware there was an NFL rookie of the week.  Who selects the winners?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

You swap Trevor and Mac for the Pats this season and…whew.

I still would rather have Trevor for the longterm (until I see Mac sustain his level of play and throw also more down the field against someone not named the Jets) but I also can't imagine anyone playing better than Mac in the current situation with a subpar backup OL and average at best weapons. I do think Trevor will get better each week though. I would not be surprised if he dominates the Seahawks.