Trevor Lawrence is looking like a bad pick for the Jags

notthatbluestuff

Urban Meyer was a tabloid minded hiring by the owner to seize the glory of winning the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes with another big splash. They need to fire him ASAP before he can do more damage to their franchise because he’s obviously only equipped to handle the kiddie league.

On 9/25/2021 at 8:43 AM, iknowcool said:

I think this proves that the Jags should have traded down and tried to get Fields or Jones in the teens.

Agreed. But clearly every other team knew this -- why else would THEY not have gotten the first pick -- so who would trade up to #1, knowing how bad the #1 pick is?

Makes you think.

No team should ever pick 1.1 imo.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, pwny said:

Agreed. But clearly every other team knew this -- why else would THEY not have gotten the first pick -- so who would trade up to #1, knowing how bad the #1 pick is?

Makes you think.

No team should ever pick 1.1 imo.

If it wasn't clear, I was just joking and mocking arguments others have made in other threads lol I just assumed this thread was posted as a joke in response to those.

Jags absolutely made the right call drafting Trevor Lawrence.  I don't think the same about their HC, but QB will outlast HC anyway.  

• Like 1

On 9/25/2021 at 6:51 AM, notthatbluestuff said:

Sorry, just adding to the general pattern emerging on the forum. 

Lawrence has never had to face adversity in his entire career, with wins handed to him week after week on an elite program. Now he's with a dumpster fire of a franchise and doesn't know what to do. What use is a guy that's used to winning when he's on a perpetually losing team? 

How's Clemson doing without Trevor Lawrence?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Apparition said:

I mean

Whom else were they gonna pick?

I don't envision any of the rookie QBs doing any better in that situation, with that roster, with THAT coaching staff. 

It'd be one thing if everybody else looked amazing.

But like... all the rookies look iffy right now cause, surprise, playing in the NFL is haaaaaaaaard. And with less prep time than ever, and these teams being so bereft of talent, oof.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, iknowcool said:

If it wasn't clear, I was just joking and mocking arguments others have made in other threads lol I just assumed this thread was posted as a joke in response to those.

Jags absolutely made the right call drafting Trevor Lawrence.  I don't think the same about their HC, but QB will outlast HC anyway.  

I was hamming it up with you.

18 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Let's not pretend they're JUST missing Lawrence, though - Travis Etienne and Amari Rodgers were both huge contributors to this team last year.

If having ETN and Rodgers is all it takes to make an elite program, I gotta think Trev is gonna be just fine when ETN comes back next year. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Awsi Dooger said:

Reporters covering Washington are finally starting to whisper about him today. Several related tweets. Fans are responding that Young is an easy blocking assignment because he uses the same move every time.

Chase Young for Trevor Lawrence trade?  I mean they are both busts, so why not?