Trevor Lawrence is looking like a bad pick for the Jags

notthatbluestuff

7 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Everyone was calling Lynn a bad coach, Williams a bust, Ekeler was never at that point a starting RB or every down back and he split touches with Gordon.

Henry never had over 652 yds. I think you are trying alittle too hard to discredit what Herbert did.

Lynn isn't a good coach but he wasn't a first year head coach when Herbert arrived. He had already been there for 3 seasons and had success. Williams and Allen were both 1,000 yard WR's in 2019 and Williams/Allen/Ekeler were one of the only trios to all have 1,000 receiving yards in the same season in NFL history. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NFL_1,000-yard_receiving_trios

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Because the Chargers had been a competitive team in 2017/2018 going 9-7/12-4 and really only fell off when Rivers declined and threw 20 INT in 2019. The core team that had winning seasons was there with the same coaching staff. 

Again Herbert was never sacked more then 3 times in a game all season, Wilson has been sacked 15 times in 3 games and Fields has been sacked 11 times in 1.5 games. 

The Jaguars were 32nd in rushing attempts last season and actively looking to tank games. Do you think any team in the NFL would take James Robinson or the Jets two rookie RB's over Austin Ekeler?  

8th most productive TE means there were only 7 other TE's in the league that outproduced him. Are you saying that the other 24 starting TE's in the league suck? I wonder why the Patriots just gave Henry a 3 yr/$38M deal if he isn't very good? 

Are we really going to sit here and act like Allen/Williams/Henry is a worse trio than Jones/Chark/O'Shauggnessy or Berrios/Davis/Kroft? Especially considering the Chargers trio had been on the team for years while Jones/Davis both just arrived to NY/Jax and both teams have rookie head coaches and rookie play callers. Keenan Allen has consistently been one of the most productive WR's in the league for years. 

He's not a good offensive coach yet had success until Rivers fell off a cliff and he had to start Herbert, the special QB. lol

What Chargers did 2018 or 2017 is irrelevant and had absolutely no barring on 2019. Chargers were 5-11 because they were not good. Not just because Rivers threw picks. 7 of those 20 picks came in two games 😭

Again sacks are not how you measure the play of an oline. Why are you stuck on this lazy take? Stop bringing up sacks taken. That is more of a testament to how good Herbert is, considering he was the best qb under pressure last year. Also was one of the best in evading sacks. 

Chargers had the worst oline last year.

Over paying a player in free agency isnt a good way to guage how good players are. 8th most productive TE was closer to the 13 most productive TE than the 5th most.

Lynn had 1 year with a top 12 offense and that was with a high end veteran QB.

Just now, Bearerofnews said:

What Chargers did 2018 or 2017 is irrelevant and had absolutely no barring on 2019. Chargers were 5-11 because they were not good. Not just because Rivers threw picks. 7 of those 20 picks came in two games 😭

Again sacks are not how you measure the play of an oline. Why are you stuck on this lazy take? Stop bringing up sacks taken. That is more of a testament to how good Herbert is, considering he was the best qb under pressure last year. Also was one of the best in evading sacks. 

Chargers had the worst oline last year.

Over paying a player in free agency isnt a good way to guage how good players are. 8th most productive TE was closer to the 13 most productive TE than the 5th most.

Lynn had 1 year with a top 12 offense and that was with a high end veteran QB.

So we're just going to ignore that Herbert went to a team with a trio of 1,000 yard receivers, one of the only trios in NFL history to ever do it. You're right, Herbert is special and Wilson/Lawerence have way better teams around them. 

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Lynn isn't a good coach but he wasn't a first year head coach when Herbert arrived. He had already been there for 3 seasons and had success. Williams and Allen were both 1,000 yard WR's in 2019 and Williams/Allen/Ekeler were one of the only trios to all have 1,000 receiving yards in the same season in NFL history. 

All those yds and how many tds between them all? Ekeler lead the team in receiving tds. 

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

So we're just going to ignore that Herbert went to a team with a trio of 1,000 yard receivers, one of the only trios in NFL history to ever do it. You're right, Herbert is special and Wilson/Lawerence have way better teams around them. 

Ekeler didn't have 1000 yds. What are you suggesting, Herbert was a product of his great situation? 

Show me where Jets & Jags oline, ST, defense and run game rank by season end. You are bringing up 2018 like it had any barring on 2020. 

Just a bunch of weird arguments. 

Edited by Bearerofnews

All those yds and how many tds between them all? Ekeler lead the team in receiving tds. 

I wonder if Rivers 20 INT had anything to do with their lack of TD production. They had 14 TD with Rivers and 13 TD playing with special QB Justin Herbert.

2 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Show me where Jets & Jags oline, ST, defense and run game rank by season end. You are bringing up 2018 like it had any barring on 2020. 

The Jets went 2-14 and were 32nd in yards/points last season. The Jaguars went 1-15 and were 31st in points/30th in yards last season. They both have rookie head coaches and first year play callers. Great situations, lol.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I wonder if Rivers 20 INT had anything to do with their lack of TD production. They had 14 TD with Rivers and 13 TD playing with special QB Justin Herbert.

7 ints that came in 2 games. Herbert had 31 tds. Has Carr ever had 31 tds 😭.

I get being salty. It's a bad look tho.

You are correct, the Chargers sucked pre-Herbert, sucked last season, and will be 2-2 after this week.

Look at all that saltiness. Id be salty too if i had to deal with Herbert for 18 years. Raiders have sucked for 2 decades 🤷🏽‍♂️

7 ints that came in 2 games. Herbert had 31 tds. Has Carr ever had 31 tds 😭.

I get being salty. It's a bad look tho.

Carr has had 32 TD and led the team to a 12-3 record before getting injured and was in the MVP discussion. And has been significantly better than Herbert this season. 

The Jets went 2-14 and were 32nd in yards/points last season. The Jaguars went 1-15 and were 31st in points/30th in yards last season. They both have rookie head coaches and first year play callers. Great situations, lol.

Those rookies werent on the teams last year. Tell me where they rank at the end of this season since that is the situation that matters, when they are on the team. Which is the rankings i referenced.

Not 3 years prior 😭. Then again you think sacks is how you measure oline play. So there's that.

1 minute ago, Bearerofnews said:

Look at all that saltiness. Id be salty too if i had to deal with Herbert for 18 years. Raiders have sucked for 2 decades 🤷🏽‍♂️

Deal with Herbert? We beat you in LA and you needed OT to beat us with Mariota playing, lol. We're 3-0, you're 2-1 and your offense struggled against bad defenses in Washington and Dallas. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Carr has had 32 TD and led the team to a 12-3 record before getting injured and was in the MVP discussion. And has been significantly better than Herbert this season. 

32 tds with 13 ints and couldn't even break the 4000 yd mark. 1 winning season in 7 years. Impressive. Carr and Raiders doing what they always do. Start good and fizzle mid season and end off missing the playoffs.