Trevor Lawrence is looking like a bad pick for the Jags

notthatbluestuff

1 minute ago, Bearerofnews said:

Those rookies werent on the teams last year. Tell me where they rank at the end of this season since that is the situation that matters, when they are on the team. Which is the rankings i referenced.

The Chargers were 10th in yards/21st in scoring in 2019 and 9th in yards/18th in scoring in 2020. Herbert definitely raised the squad, got 2 more wins as well. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Deal with Herbert? We beat you in LA and you needed OT to beat us with Mariota playing, lol. We're 3-0, you're 2-1 and your offense struggled against bad defenses in Washington and Dallas. 

You won in LA because Mike Williams and Parham dropped game winning tds.

Mariota played better than Carr. You are 3-0 needing OT to beat the Brisset lead Dolphins and the washed Ben Steelers. 

You had to go and get a bunch of former Chargers to revamp your defense.

1 minute ago, Bearerofnews said:

32 tds with 13 ints and couldn't even break the 4000 yd mark. 1 winning season in 7 years. Impressive. Carr and Raiders doing what they always do. Start good and fizzle mid season and end off missing the playoffs. 

The Chargers have made the playoffs twice in the last decade, one more time then us, amazing.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

The Chargers were 10th in yards/21st in scoring in 2019 and 9th in yards/18th in scoring in 2020. Herbert definitely raised the squad, got 2 more wins as well. 

With a defense that made NFL history with allowing the most comebacks with 16 plus point 2nd half leads.

Just now, Bearerofnews said:

You won in LA because Mike Williams and Parham dropped game winning tds.

Mariota played better than Carr. You are 3-0 needing OT to beat the Brisset lead Dolphins and the washed Ben Steelers. 

You had to go and get a bunch of former Chargers to revamp your defense.

Carr's 3-0 in his last 3 against the Chargers.

Just now, Bearerofnews said:

And won a playoff game both times. How about the Raiders?

How many Super Bowls have you won or witnessed, holding onto that wild card win banner. You guys don't even have fans in Los Angeles, can't wait for our home opener at our new stadium on MNF.

4 hours ago, pwny said:

Box score scouting isn’t going to tell you anything about this team.

DJ Chark had a big bulk yardage year two years ago because he was the only receiver on the team that belonged playing. The Jaguars dropped back to pass the ball just under 700 times in 2019. Of course someone was going to catch a bunch of passes. Its the same reason Leonard Fournette had 75 catches when he’s never even had half that many any other year. He isn’t a player *that* talented, and never has. It’s a lot of the same thing with Shenault so far. Who else was going to get targets in 2020? 

And I’ve literally been saying this since Chark had that season while also trashing the QB play at the same time. Jaguars fans literally spent the entire off-season telling you all that you’re all wrong about our receivers and they aren’t as good as you all keep telling us they are and that we need more weapons around Trevor. So, no. This isn’t Jaguars fans trying to save face on our QB, this is Jaguars fans literally telling you the exact same thing we told you all off-season. You all refused to listen to us then, and are now all accusing us of making an about face for literally saying exactly what we’ve been saying all along. You all got hyped up about some box scores of middling players getting a lot of reps on horrendous teams.  

And yes, James Robinson had a better season LAST YEAR. How is the running game working this year so far? It’s not 2020, it’s 2021. For a run game to support a QB, it has to actually do that, not have done it the year prior. James Robinson had 5 carries week 1, 11 carries week 2, and 15 carries week 3. Please explain to me how this is the support that a rookie QB needs. 5 carries week 1 while the rookie QB is dropping back 52 times. This week, they mixed Robinson in more, he found success and outside of one terrible throw on a trick play that there was no positive outcome possible, Trevor looked much better across the game.

And have you genuinely watched Trevor Lawrence this year? Going purely by sack numbers is hilarious if you’ve actually watched him and how he’s consistently under pressure but getting the ball out quickly.

I haven't watched much of Lawrence this year save for game highlights. I did think Chark was good two years ago though, not just because of his numbers. Thought he looked good.

I'm not accusing Jags fans of about facing at all - that was just my opinion. I'd still take James Robinson over every RB Andrew Luck played with save for Marlon Mack. Definitely better than who he had early on.

All I'm saying is he's not generational like we were led to believe.

14 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

So-Fi is our house.

Far be it from me to interject, but if y'all came to So-Fi to play the Rams the game would be over at halftime and even if the Raiders fans outnumbered Rams fans, they'd leave in the third quarter. So calm down. The Raiders are 3-0 but aren't that good.