Jets vs Broncos Thread

JetsandI

Man what a joke. You would think that a some point the jets would fall into a win once in awhile. lol. Zach Wilson is not the answer. He once again made bad throws with no pressure. If this goes on by say week 6 or 8 and he is still like this. Throw White in and see what happens. So tired of this. 

Just now, drew39k said:

I think the Cardinals thing only happened because of the Kingsbury Murray relationship.  Outside of that specific instance has a team ever bailed from a top 10 QB after just one year?

It was more than that. He recruited him and played against him, there really wasn't a deep relationship. Wilkins won 3 games in year 1 with a struggling Rosen. We're lucky if we win 3 games this season. It all depends on who's available after this and if Saleh can adapt before the season end. 

2 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

It was more than that. He recruited him and played against him, there really wasn't a deep relationship. Wilkins won 3 games in year 1 with a struggling Rosen. We're lucky if we win 3 games this season. It all depends on who's available after this and if Saleh can adapt before the season end. 

Or best chance at turning into a successful team at this point is losing a lot getting the number one and having a team fall in love with a QB, trading is 3frps. We could couple that we the Adams pick and the Darnold pick to restock the team. Hopefully we could even trade off a frp or two for established starters to help jump start the turn over.

I just cannot understand how an organization can be so bad for so long!?

consistently missing on personnel decisions, head coach hiring's, general manager hiring's, bad free agent signings,  bad draft picks.

I cannot believe it has been over 10 years when I watch the Jets lose the AFC Championship game against the Steelers.

7 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

If we go 0-17, a Cardinals situation could very well happen. They fired Wilkins and moved on from Rosen after one year. There is a better chance of Wilson/Saleh getting another chance, but I'm not sure if anyone is safe if 0-17 happens.  The defense is solid, I agree about that. 

RICK OUR DEFENSIVE WAS FAR FROM SOLID, Denver, two top receivers were out their two top offensive guards and their starting center were hurt. That is why we had some sucess in the center of the line. Our whole team is in serious trouble. 

1 minute ago, drew39k said:

Or best chance at turning into a successful team at this point is losing a lot getting the number one and having a team fall in love with a QB, trading is 3frps. We could couple that we the Adams pick and the Darnold pick to restock the team. Hopefully we could even trade off a frp or two for established starters to help jump start the turn over.

That's easy to say here in week 3, but we have to let the situation playout. I'm not sure if anyone is safe. Having a long term plan is cute until you go 0-17 and the QB you gave the keys to early isn't looking good. I agree trading back would be great, but if we continue to get blown out, I'm not writing off anything. We need star players to build around. 

Just now, doumeyer said:

RICK OUR DEFENSIVE WAS FAR FROM SOLID, Denver, two top receivers were out their two top offensive guards and their starting center were hurt. That is why we had some sucess in the center of the line. Our whole team is in serious trouble. 

I worded that wrong. The whole team is trash from top to bottom. The defense was on the field the whole game and was worn out. So I can't blame them completely. My favorite players in next year's draft are defensive players but we just need star players no matter where at this point. I'm tired of not having anyone teams have to take seriously.

As of right now, no one is a difference maker or a threat that teams have to adapt to. I'm looking at getting star players and not that Value trash anymore. 

Just now, rickyt31 said:

That's easy to say here in week 3, but we have to let the situation playout. I'm not sure if anyone is safe. Having a long term plan is cute until you go 0-17 and the QB you gave the keys to early isn't looking good. I agree trading back would be great, but if we continue to get blown out, I'm not writing off anything. We need star players to build around. 

Your last sentence is correct, last week a wrote a post about how long it has been since we draft a star WR, SR, RB, TE, it has been DECADES, that is why we suck. All the best offensive players we had came from the FA market and they usually only stay around for a couple of years except Curtis Martin.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Your last sentence is correct, last week a wrote a post about how long it has been since we draft a star WR, SR, RB, TE, it has been DECADES, that is why we suck. All the best offensive players we had came from the FA market and they usually only stay around for a couple of years except Curtis Martin.

Right. We're never an option anymore for star free agents everyone want. We normally leave with signing the 4th best option and create our own hope the player will be a standout or a bounce back year for that person. So now all I'm focusing on is finding a star in FA or the draft. I don't care about trading back or saving money. Just need someone. 

14 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Its not really a week 3 argument. It's the same argument I made last off season ad the same I'd make this off-season.

Going 0-17 and Wilson looking bad should not change the plan for improving the team. Throwing another high pick at a QB is just repeating the same mistake we have made over and over.

Just the same way I don't think we should move on from Darnold, I don't  think we should dump Wilson. Certainly sign a guy like Tyrod Taylor to compete with him, but not draft a replacement. We need to build up a team that can help a young qb instead of expecting a young qb to carry a team.

Trading back should leave us with 3 from next year. Plus two good seconds. Use those picks to grab a DE a CB a OL an lb and a te.

That should help infuse the team with talent

5 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

Good thing Berrios played to drop that last pass to lead to another INT and Jeff Smith made a big impact

I see why they have no use for Mims, he might do something productive 

Productivity is not allowed in this organization. We do our best to be absolute **** at everything we attempt. 

1 minute ago, drew39k said:

Its not really a week 3 argument. It's the same argument I made last off season ad the same I'd make this off-season.

Going 0-17 and Wilson looking bad should not change the plan for improving the team. Throwing another high pick at a QB is just repeating the same mistake we have made over and over.

Just the same way I don't think we should move on from Darnold, I don't  think we should dump Wilson. Certainly sign a guy like Tyrod Taylor to compete with him, but not draft a replacement. We need to build up a team that can help a young qb instead of expecting a young qb to carry a team.

Trading back should leave us with 3 from next year. Plus two good seconds. Use those picks to grab a DE a CB a OL an lb and a te.

That should help infuse the team with talent

I understand that, but if a great QB and coach is available and everyone looks like a bust on our end, all of this doesn't matter. The Panthers did the same after Jimmy Clausen. I'd rather build a surrounding team. I've been preaching about building a balanced team for years, but it doesn't matter if a QB they feel is special is right there. 

We just have to wait and see how this plays out. We could very well pick up someone like Jimmy G and build with that plan, but if we have the #1 pick and a special QB is there, I'm willing to bet our franchise will look into it. I'm not saying we should quit on Wilson, I just know if he's record breaking bad, there is a chance for anything to happen.