Jets vs Broncos Thread

JetsandI

14 minutes ago, TheGDJets said:

Just curious in regards to Mims, did the rookie CBs learn every position in the secondary to get on the field or nah?

Well, Jets did cut Bless Austin since they know he can't do anything other than outside.

LeFleur had chosen his top 3 WRs and none of them is Mims so he has to play elsewhere to earn play time.

That doesn't matter because I actually thought Saleh would activate Mims today due to physical matchup.  One article said that Mims being active on gameday would depend on Crowder's situation.  Both were out.

I am done reading Saleh and some reports about Mims. Ever.

What are we doing? This defense deserves better than an offense that produces nothing because the quarterback is not ready for the National Football League, the receivers have more drops than catches, the tight ends have no talent and the offensive line (which was supposed to be fixed) is anything but fixed. 

Where are they going with this offense? Is this going to suddenly get good with this group, because this is the group we have invested in.

Do we even know if our quarterback can play in this league? He seems afraid of his own shadow.

Maybe we got Mamula'd at the combine with this guy.

Wilson isn’t ready to play in the NFL and this isn’t a roster that is ready to field a rookie QB. Simple as that. It’s a failure all the way around. I remember Rosen didn’t have a chance with the cardinals and they took another QB first overall…but so far Wilson has look just as bad if not worse. He has no business playing right now. Also not having a veteran here is another massive failure.  

1 minute ago, ekill08x said:

Wilson isn’t ready to play in the NFL and this isn’t a roster that is ready to field a rookie QB. Simple as that. It’s a failure all the way around. I remember Rosen didn’t have a chance with the cardinals and they took another QB first overall…but so far Wilson has look just as bad if not worse. He has no business playing right now. Also not having a veteran here is another massive failure.  

Thank you. I've been saying this since day 1. They really gave White first team reps like they were serious about giving him a shot. lol 

I'm not even mad at Wilson because it's not his fault the Franchise thought he would just walk in and be ready. 

56 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I understand that, but if a great QB and coach is available and everyone looks like a bust on our end, all of this doesn't matter. The Panthers did the same after Jimmy Clausen. I'd rather build a surrounding team. I've been preaching about building a balanced team for years, but it doesn't matter if a QB they feel is special is right there. 

We just have to wait and see how this plays out. We could very well pick up someone like Jimmy G and build with that plan, but if we have the #1 pick and a special QB is there, I'm willing to bet our franchise will look into it. I'm not saying we should quit on Wilson, I just know if he's record breaking bad, there is a chance for anything to happen.

The issue with this philosophy is that organizations are constantly infatuated with the hot young QB.

That's how guys like EJ Manuel,Blake Bortles, Blaine Gabbert, Alex Smith, Marcus Mariota and so many more QBs get drafted and bust.

We took our shot on Wilson instead of moving the pick for a Haul that likely would have netted us three firsts. To throw away that guy who is effectively valued at three firsts after a single season only to draft another guy worth three firsts is a massive sink in resources.  We have proven time and again that a QB isn't the instant success it is billed as during draft hype. The single most effective way to give you the best chance at landing a franchise QB is to build the team first.  Give the guy a soft landing in a situation where the talent in the team can support the growth of the QB. You absolutely do not want to have a situation where your young franchise guy is dropping back, running for his life and throwing the receivers that can't get open, don't  know the routes and can't catch the ball. It is the fastest way to ruin a QB

58 minutes ago, drew39k said:

The issue with this philosophy is that organizations are constantly infatuated with the hot young QB.

That's how guys like EJ Manuel,Blake Bortles, Blaine Gabbert, Alex Smith, Marcus Mariota and so many more QBs get drafted and bust.

We took our shot on Wilson instead of moving the pick for a Haul that likely would have netted us three firsts. To throw away that guy who is effectively valued at three firsts after a single season only to draft another guy worth three firsts is a massive sink in resources.  We have proven time and again that a QB isn't the instant success it is billed as during draft hype. The single most effective way to give you the best chance at landing a franchise QB is to build the team first.  Give the guy a soft landing in a situation where the talent in the team can support the growth of the QB. You absolutely do not want to have a situation where your young franchise guy is dropping back, running for his life and throwing the receivers that can't get open, don't  know the routes and can't catch the ball. It is the fastest way to ruin a QB

I'm not saying I want this, I'm saying how quick organizations change their minds when a opportunity is presented that wasn't expected.  I'm not going to write off the idea our franchise would do this if the scenario played itself out that way. 

JD met with Sam's parents at one point and promised how he was going to help him. Did the opposite and moved on from him when the team loved Wilson's proday. They can say and plan for whatever they want, but history has proven nothing is a lock. 

7 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I'm not saying I want this, I'm saying how quick organizations change their minds when a opportunity is presented that wasn't expected.  I'm not going to write off the idea our franchise would do this if the scenario played itself out that way. 

JD met with Sam's parents at one point and promised how he was going to help him. Did the opposite and moved on from him when the team loved Wilson's proday. They can say and plan for whatever they want, but history has proven nothing is a lock. 

Sure. The Jets are certainly capable of doing it. They just did it with Darnold. Its just a foolish way to build. I'd like to think that if Wilson turns in a terrible season that perhaps they would maybe learn from the mistakes they had with Sam, but then again.... look the team team they put around Wilson....lol

I'm honestly so burnt out on this team and its lack of ability to develop players or maintain any consistent plans. If Wilson busts and Darnold looks like the pro bowler everyone thought he would be when we drafted him, that is likely the final straw for me. I've spent 30 years rooting for this team and got only brief windows of happiness. It might be more fun to just look for good football games and watch them without caring about teams specifically.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, drew39k said:

Sure. The Jets are certainly capable of doing it. They just did it with Darnold. Its just a foolish way to build. I'd like to think that if Wilson turns in a terrible season that perhaps they would maybe learn from the mistakes they had with Sam, but then again.... look the team team they put around Wilson....lol

I'm honestly so burnt out on this team and its lack of ability to develop players or maintain any consistent plans. If Wilson busts and Darnold looks like the pro bowler everyone thought he would be when we drafted him, that is likely the final straw for me. I've spent 30 years rooting for this team and got only brief windows of happiness. It might be more fun to just look for good football games and watch them without caring about teams specifically.

I'm with you 100% on that one. I already have back up teams.  I became a fan in 96'. I'm trying to stay positive for now until my last straw is pulled. 

We've watched so many teams blow up good rosters, rebuild,  and contend again since we made the playoffs.  I'm tired of it. We can't even pull players that are fun to watch while we lose. 

• Like 1