Jets vs Broncos Thread

JetsandI

Just now, GangGreen420 said:

So putting Wilson in the same situation as Darnold is yielding even worse results. Who would have thought?

I know right... 

I was told over and over all off season that it would be different. That Sam was the issue and Wilson was going to be this magical unicorn. I wanted to be wrong, but boy Sam looks and Wilson doesn't.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, drew39k said:

I don't get the logic here. Because one guy had a rough start and went on to be a hall of famer it means that any player that gets off to a rough start is suddenly going to become Payton manning? 

Manning was also 10x the prospect that Wilson is.

Xrade used Manning's rookie statistic regarding Int machine for a comparison with Wilson's.   I just humored everyone by looking at first 3 games comparison in pro.

19 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

So putting Wilson in the same situation as Darnold is yielding even worse results. Who would have thought?

And guys need to apologize to Adam Gase.    It is on JD.

Gase's final season was under no pressure for playoff mandate and Jets somewhat agreed to "reset" the team.

Boom!  Gase was fired.   JD wanted Saleh because both were on the same page about rebuilding the team.

Basically, Jets have been in rebuilding mode for two consecutive years.  JD still forgot to address OL for real.

Whatever!

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

And guys need to apologize to Adam Gase.    It is on JD.

Gase's final season was under no pressure for playoff mandate and Jets somewhat agreed to "reset" the team.

Boom!  Gase was fired.   JD wanted Saleh because both were on the same page about rebuilding the team.

Basically, Jets have been in rebuilding mode for two consecutive years.  JD still forgot to address OL for real.

Whatever!

He didn't not address it. He just maybe did with the wrong guys. I for 1 wasn't a big Becton fan. I wanted Wirfs if anyone remembers. And who's had the better career? It's not even close really. AVT has only played 3 games, but looks good so far. I liked the addition of Moses late this offseason as well. Even though he's not a long term fix. So RT will still need to be addressed soon. GVR and McGovern need to go. It's hard to rebuild a whole OL in just a year or 2. But the agitating part is we still have 3/5 spots that we need to fill after 2 full offseaons. The focus this last draft seemed more for skill with Wilson, Moore and Carter drafted high. And these late round CBs are playing pretty darn good. Building the offense needs to remain the focus. Get talent on the OL and weapon talent. TE is just awful for us as well. 

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

He didn't not address it. He just maybe did with the wrong guys. I for 1 wasn't a big Becton fan. I wanted Wirfs if anyone remembers. And who's had the better career? It's not even close really. AVT has only played 3 games, but looks good so far. I liked the addition of Moses late this offseason as well. Even though he's not a long term fix. So RT will still need to be addressed soon. GVR and McGovern need to go. It's hard to rebuild a whole OL in just a year or 2. But the agitating part is we still have 3/5 spots that we need to fill after 2 full offseaons. The focus this last draft seemed more for skill with Wilson, Moore and Carter drafted high. And these late round CBs are playing pretty darn good. Building the offense needs to remain the focus. Get talent on the OL and weapon talent. TE is just awful for us as well. 

Getting right players is a vital part in GM's job description. 

• Like 1

Just now, JetsandI said:

Getting right players is a vital part in GM's job description. 

I agree. But that's taking out the factor that big time FAs don't want to join us. So its predominantly via draft to get actual talent here. The part that deserves criticism is that he's only drafted 3 OLineman in 2 drafts. With a decent amount of picks. And Clarke hasn't played a snap for up. 

Just now, rickyt31 said:

Yeah, I can't put everything on Wilson. He's not great, but the blocking and play designs doesn't make anything easier. Players don't even know where they're supposed to be. That's on coaching, especially when you look at the reason for not playing Mims. 

He's been given no favors that's for sure. But he's missed a lot of throws he should make as well. 

Just now, Bobby816 said:

He's been given no favors that's for sure. But he's missed a lot of throws he should make as well. 

He has but that's expected. He's a kid from BYU who had 1 good season. My bar was set low from day 1. You can't design plays and blocking like this and expect him to be good. We're asking him to turn water into wine right now.

Wilson's adjusted completion percentage is 70%. 

Hes getting killed by terrible pressure and WRs dropping passes.  

And can we please find a upgrade over Van Roten? He is a serious liability at RG, every single time I see blown assignments or instant pressure its Van Roten. He's pathetically bad. 

Van Roten has to go then he blames Zach, Zach is a rookie trying to learn the game. You are a veteran who is getting him killed out there.  The biggest mistake was going into the season with him starting again.

Even Duke, Becton's trainer, says that Van Roten is a liability wrecking the OL.   

I see AVT getting better each game, but Van Roten was abused time and time again.  Our TEs are garbage, Ty Johnson can't catch or block.   We need Crowder back ASAP.

Defensively, I think the DC is doing a decent job for what he has to work with. Defensively you see clearly we have a talent problem. The DEs don't get any pressure at all, they are awful. Bryce Huff is ok, but probably should be a rotational backup vs starter.  Tim Ward looks bad.  JFM is a good piece to move around, but his best pressure place is inside. 

The scheme is really messed up due to the lack of talent, we can't generate pressure on 4 man rushes.  If we draft high enough where a elite DE prospect is there, I would go with that for our first pick.  Because we need that dominant EDGE to bring our talent level up. 

We need to upgrade at RG, probably center, definitely need to get legit TEs. Kroft being a starter shows you how bad we are there, that dude has been a backup his entire career.   We'll need a RT unless Moses re-signs.  Defensively we need OLB, DE, CB, safeties. Especially if Maye is gone. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rickyt31 said:

Maybe I'm just reaching for a bright spot here, but I think the real issue is offensive coaching and our IOL. We expected growing pains from everyone, but I'm wondering how much better we would like by upgrading those two. 

When AVT struggled week 1, its understandable. Hes a rookie learning the game.  At least I see signs of AVT becoming a really good player. 

Van Roten is over 30 and is a liability, the fact the Jets thought it was okay to roll with him as a starter when hes playing this bad? He gets demolished every game, instant pressure.  Every instant pressure from the inside I look to see who it is, its #62 Van Roten.  He is garbage.

1 hour ago, NYJets4716 said:

When AVT struggled week 1, its understandable. Hes a rookie learning the game.  At least I see signs of AVT becoming a really good player. 

Van Roten is over 30 and is a liability, the fact the Jets thought it was okay to roll with him as a starter when hes playing this bad? He gets demolished every game, instant pressure.  Every instant pressure from the inside I look to see who it is, its #62 Van Roten.  He is garbage.

I agree. AVT didn't even play in preseason, so I expected some down moments from him like Wilson. McGovern & GVR can leave right now. In all of this, the seat for the oline coach is just as hot as the OC's. His players don't even know who to block. 

Looking at all these clips of poorly designed plays and blocking scheme, I feel like that would make the biggest difference including starting Mims.