Game 3: Detroit Lions vs. Baltimore Ravens

teude

1 hour ago, SimbaWho said:

Yeah, I understand it. I'm just not sure it's fair to the OC or Jared Goff. Evaluating either of them seems to be tough this year. I get there is alot to unpack with this team too. 

I agree its hard to evaluate.  I have liked what Lynn has done with what he has.  I am up and down on Goff, similar to how most Rams fans felt I assume.  I think both are very safe after this year and we will continue to build and add talent around them.  I figured with our WRs we were in for a tough year offensively so just want to see enough to have hope, and I think thats there for me. I do hope the WRs develop though and get better so by the end of the year we are looking for 1 or 2 WRs and not 5, which is how I feel about the core right now. 

8 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I agree its hard to evaluate.  I have liked what Lynn has done with what he has.  I am up and down on Goff, similar to how most Rams fans felt I assume.  I think both are very safe after this year and we will continue to build and add talent around them.  I figured with our WRs we were in for a tough year offensively so just want to see enough to have hope, and I think thats there for me. I do hope the WRs develop though and get better so by the end of the year we are looking for 1 or 2 WRs and not 5, which is how I feel about the core right now. 

With the likely trades of Flowers and Collins, we should be looking at $57M in cap space. A less likely (but possible) Decker trade would only net us an additional $4M. 

There's a few young (under 28) and decent WR's who are UFA's next year (2022).This isn't the total list but here's a couple key names:

• Chris Godwin (26)
  • Juju (25)
  • Mike Williams (27)
  • Courtland Sutton (26)
  • DJ Chark (25)

I like our RB duo a lot. Our OL is one of the better units. Goff isn't going to be "the guy" but he's good enough for the next few years. I wouldn't be opposed to adding someone like Sutton, Williams or Chark at a reasonable contract knowing they'll be our WR1 with Goff and our QBOTF. This would allow us to focus our draft on rebuilding the defense (similar to what Carolina did). 

34 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

With the likely trades of Flowers and Collins, we should be looking at $57M in cap space. A less likely (but possible) Decker trade would only net us an additional $4M. 

There's a few young (under 28) and decent WR's who are UFA's next year (2022).This isn't the total list but here's a couple key names:

• Chris Godwin (26)
  • Juju (25)
  • Mike Williams (27)
  • Courtland Sutton (26)
  • DJ Chark (25)

I like our RB duo a lot. Our OL is one of the better units. Goff isn't going to be "the guy" but he's good enough for the next few years. I wouldn't be opposed to adding someone like Sutton, Williams or Chark at a reasonable contract knowing they'll be our WR1 with Goff and our QBOTF. This would allow us to focus our draft on rebuilding the defense (similar to what Carolina did). 

I was just doing a mock and had us signing Godwin.  I dont think TB can keep everyone this year and he will be assured more targets here.  Also adding another lesser WR like a Chark, Tim Patrick, Pachal, Kirk, Gallup etc to be our #2.  Then St Brown can be a 3 like he should be and we can draft someone to groom to help outside. 

2 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I was just doing a mock and had us signing Godwin.  I dont think TB can keep everyone this year and he will be assured more targets here.  Also adding another lesser WR like a Chark, Tim Patrick, Pachal, Kirk, Gallup etc to be our #2.  Then St Brown can be a 3 like he should be and we can draft someone to groom to help outside. 

I don't think Godwin would want to come here without us paying him the big bucks. I feel like Sutton has a better chance at being that guy who wants to be the true WR1. With Jeudy, Hamler, Patrick, Fant, etc. it seems like the Broncos have enough where they'd be willing to move on. Sutton is a talented guy but I don't think he's a guy with the same name recognition as Chris Godwin. 

Could see someone like Gallup or Cedrick Wilson (scored his third NFL TD last night) play the WR2 role. 

If we can continue to show the fight that we did in that Ravens game, I do think that there's a chance we could become a destination for low end Tier 1 and Tier 2 guys. Packers have a murky future, the Bears might be blowing that up soon. There's a chance that we could compete sooner rather than later but we have to build it right. 

1 hour ago, Karnage84 said:

I don't think Godwin would want to come here without us paying him the big bucks. I feel like Sutton has a better chance at being that guy who wants to be the true WR1. With Jeudy, Hamler, Patrick, Fant, etc. it seems like the Broncos have enough where they'd be willing to move on. Sutton is a talented guy but I don't think he's a guy with the same name recognition as Chris Godwin. 

Could see someone like Gallup or Cedrick Wilson (scored his third NFL TD last night) play the WR2 role. 

If we can continue to show the fight that we did in that Ravens game, I do think that there's a chance we could become a destination for low end Tier 1 and Tier 2 guys. Packers have a murky future, the Bears might be blowing that up soon. There's a chance that we could compete sooner rather than later but we have to build it right. 

Godwin will have 1 maybe 2 super bowls and looking for a pay day.  I have no problem giving him that payday and making him our true #1.  Its hard to see what these guys are thinking or what is important to them but if we start moving in the right direction, I can see people wanting to come here given we have money to spend.    

8 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Side note, after looking into a mock, we have a lot fewer picks this year than I thought.  Moving picks for Barnes last year and two for Benson this year really drained the middle of our draft.  I am hoping we end up picking 2 or 3 so we can move down a couple spots and replenish some of those picks.  

Are you considering the comp picks that we should get? The Lions are projected to get at least 3 comp picks next year. 

I still don't get the move for Benson. Yes, those picks aren't super valuable, but right now it seems like a waste. 

Edited by Lions017

21 minutes ago, Lions017 said:

Are you considering the comp picks that we should get? The Lions are projected to get at least 3 comp picks next year. 

I still don't get the move for Benson. Yes, those picks aren't super valuable, but right now it seems like a waste. 

I did forget about those.  Those will help.  But still seems odd to give up two picks for a player who would likely have been cut anyways and is providing absolutely nothing.  Should have been conditional picks.  

2 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Side note, after looking into a mock, we have a lot fewer picks this year than I thought.  Moving picks for Barnes last year and two for Benson this year really drained the middle of our draft.  I am hoping we end up picking 2 or 3 so we can move down a couple spots and replenish some of those picks.  

We say this every year and it never happens. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Lions will get between 3-4 comp picks in that 3rd-6th round range. 5 Picks in the top 100 still.

• 1st round
    • 1st round (from Rams)
    • 2nd round
    • 3rd round
    • 3rd round (projected compensatory pick)
    • 5th round (projected compensatory pick)
    • 6th round
    • 6th round (projected compensatory pick)
    • 7th round (from Patriots)

• Like 2

On 9/28/2021 at 11:34 AM, Sllim Pickens said:

I am very high on Gallup.

11 hours ago, detroitroar said:

I was interested in just how much extra time the Ravens got on that no call delay of game. Given that we all know it's never immediate; usually teams will get a full second. But they got 1.7 seconds. 

Where does this rank in screw jobs against us?

Way below the Ford's buying the Lions.