trade bryant?

3rivers

Who's going to give up a quality CB (or player) for Bryant?  He's been suspended for a season + for drug use...  he's bashed teammates on twitter and is causing disruption on a team who stuck with him....  this isn't Madden.  No team will give up a quality player or high pick for someone with his history.  

35 minutes ago, JDLefebvre said:

Who's going to give up a quality CB (or player) for Bryant?  He's been suspended for a season + for drug use...  he's bashed teammates on twitter and is causing disruption on a team who stuck with him....  this isn't Madden.  No team will give up a quality player or high pick for someone with his history.  

I agree with what you are saying, and I wouldn't advertise that he's 'on the block' by any means, but if a team does come a callin', what 3Rivers says does make sense. If a GM calls us, we get to dictate the terms more so than if we initiate the trade; we would have all the leverage. We don't NEED to trade him, so we can ask for a buck fifty on the dollar, and see if they bite. We likely won't get a player, but we CAN ask for a Mid-Rd pick, then we have an extra pick to use on a CB next year. So not exactly what 3Rivers was suggesting, but might be a way to make the same effect happen.

It all depends on how good Hunter and JuJu are, IMO. If our Coaching Staff think those two can fill the void, then go for it; if not, then we just need to do our best to make Bryant happy, and sorry for droning on about this, one more thing...

...if Bryant is going to cry and whine about his targets, then he needs to stop making mental mistakes like he did last week on the failed attempt where he lost track of the ball because he didn't get his head around fast enough. That was a TD. If he expects targets, he can't make mistakes like that...I hope Mann is making this VERY clear to him, because the same thing will happen on the other 31 teams in the NFL as well. He should feel blessed to be on this team with the coaching he's received, the chances he's received, and the QB he has.  If he wants out, and if Colbert wanted to be a d!ck about it, he could ship him off to Chicago or Cleveland, and see how he likes the QB situations there. I'm sure he'll get all sorts of targets; good luck with ball being anywhere near his body, but they'll be targets, by golly!

4 hours ago, Ward4HOF said:

I agree with what you are saying, and I wouldn't advertise that he's 'on the block' by any means, but if a team does come a callin', what 3Rivers says does make sense. If a GM calls us, we get to dictate the terms more so than if we initiate the trade; we would have all the leverage. We don't NEED to trade him, so we can ask for a buck fifty on the dollar, and see if they bite. We likely won't get a player, but we CAN ask for a Mid-Rd pick, then we have an extra pick to use on a CB next year. So not exactly what 3Rivers was suggesting, but might be a way to make the same effect happen.

It all depends on how good Hunter and JuJu are, IMO. If our Coaching Staff think those two can fill the void, then go for it; if not, then we just need to do our best to make Bryant happy, and sorry for droning on about this, one more thing...

...if Bryant is going to cry and whine about his targets, then he needs to stop making mental mistakes like he did last week on the failed attempt where he lost track of the ball because he didn't get his head around fast enough. That was a TD. If he expects targets, he can't make mistakes like that...I hope Mann is making this VERY clear to him, because the same thing will happen on the other 31 teams in the NFL as well. He should feel blessed to be on this team with the coaching he's received, the chances he's received, and the QB he has.  If he wants out, and if Colbert wanted to be a d!ck about it, he could ship him off to Chicago or Cleveland, and see how he likes the QB situations there. I'm sure he'll get all sorts of targets; good luck with ball being anywhere near his body, but they'll be targets, by golly!

If they had any faith in Hunter as a viable replacement for Bryant, he'd already be gone.  

Keep him.  Run him deep every play and force the defense to account for it.  

6 hours ago, JLambert58 said:

If they had any faith in Hunter as a viable replacement for Bryant, he'd already be gone.  

Keep him.  Run him deep every play and force the defense to account for it.  

I like this idea, and it will work IMO as long as they try a few. Maybe not every down, because he could get tired and that would affect this later in the game, but for sure try to do this every 3 plays or so.  It can't be done near the redone, so there are a few plays off but  how many snaps a game could this be done?  With Bell running well , play action could work and if bryant makes the catch, then we win and he is happy :) Nothing wrong with that is there?

48 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

I like this idea, and it will work IMO as long as they try a few. Maybe not every down, because he could get tired and that would affect this later in the game, but for sure try to do this every 3 plays or so.  It can't be done near the redone, so there are a few plays off but  how many snaps a game could this be done?  With Bell running well , play action could work and if bryant makes the catch, then we win and he is happy :) Nothing wrong with that is there?

Obviously a bit of hyperbole by saying every play, but yes send him early and often and keep the opposing safeties guessing.   Speaking of misdirection, Ben has really not been using pump fakes very much at all.  Not sure why, but it has been very effective in the past.  

42 minutes ago, JLambert58 said:

Obviously a bit of hyperbole by saying every play, but yes send him early and often and keep the opposing safeties guessing.   Speaking of misdirection, Ben has really not been using pump fakes very much at all.  Not sure why, but it has been very effective in the past.  

I've noticed he's getting the ball out a little quicker too.

I got a feeling he's playing not to get injured.  He should be throwing a few pump fake, climb the pocket, heave it deep sequences in there.

3 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I've noticed he's getting the ball out a little quicker too.

I got a feeling he's playing not to get injured.  He should be throwing a few pump fake, climb the pocket, heave it deep sequences in there.

Roethlisberger is definitely trying to avoid taking hits. I don't get the sense it's fear, personally. He wants to survive the season healthy. Maybe there's some grand strategy at work here. I doubt it.

In terms of Bryant, there's no team that will give up equal value for him. What he could be to this team versus what he could be to other teams is drastically different. I've said it already - he can't go anywhere and contribute this year. Given his history, you're getting nothing. And trading him? That sends the entirely wrong message to the rest of the roster. I'd sit his *** every week if I had to before I did that.

so with bryant's history, we wouldn't get more than a 6th and forget a decent current NFL CB? I guess we either get Bryant the ball and keep him happy or deal with whatever happens if he doesn't stay happy. What that could be is possibly a new distraction weekly. How many catches would he need to stay happy?  

I'd trade Bryant in a heartbeat for 49ers Safety Eric Reid.  Reid was just converted to Weakside LB so obviously he isn't in their long term plans.  Yes this is a contract year for him but we could possibly get a hell of a steal in getting Reid.  Imagine Reid, Davis, Wilcox and Mitchell as your Safeties.  That would give you so much flexibility.  People think 49ers don't want him for talent reasons or lack thereof but I think it's because he speaks his mind regarding Kaepernick.  Thoughts?

13 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

I'd trade Bryant in a heartbeat for 49ers Safety Eric Reid.  Reid was just converted to Weakside LB so obviously he isn't in their long term plans.  Yes this is a contract year for him but we could possibly get a hell of a steal in getting Reid.  Imagine Reid, Davis, Wilcox and Mitchell as your Safeties.  That would give you so much flexibility.  People think 49ers don't want him for talent reasons or lack thereof but I think it's because he speaks his mind regarding Kaepernick.  Thoughts?

I would pass.  He's just more of the same with Davis, Wilcox, Mitchell.  A safety that looks to hit, isn't a sure tackler, and doesn't play the ball in the air.

2 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

I disagree on your assessment.  Reid has always been a play maker who attacks the ball.  I watched most of his LSU games and have a great feel for him and his strengths/weaknesses.

I mean....he isn't the same as when he was at LSU.  He's turned into someone just like those guys.  It's why he's moving.  He's a liability in coverage and Jaquise Tartt is the better player in coverage.

I’m going to throw out a different name who said he’s done after this year, can help us, and could be available:

Martellus Bennett. 

Especially with this “could be my last year” announcement we should be calling GB and seeing what it takes. Easily. He’s far better than all our TEs and if he is going to retire offers cap relief. 

Archived