trade bryant?

3rivers

I was expecting more activity here as the deadline arrives especially after tomlinson recent comment. Btw, I am in agreement with tomlin here, no BS, stay on the sidelines. Tomlin is not accepting this behaviour and for that  :P

I don't see any team trading anything worth while for a player that has been suspended 20 games in the past 2 1/2 seasons for being a repeat offender of the leagues drug policy. Then you add in his relatively lackluster start to the season and his recent antics on top of that. Not really left with much to entice a team to offer much at this point. 

I'd stick with him. Absolute worst case he rides the pine if he doesn't get his act together. 

I just think you would have had to have been blown away by value -- 2nd or 3rd -- which just wasnt going to happen with his history. That's the only way it makes sense. He is still extremely talented (well, he has ONE dynamic talent), you have team control for a year and a half still, he is cheap,  and he NEEDS to play hard and produce for him to make a pay day with his past red flags. I really think that last part is the key. If he wants to get paid, he needs to work and produce over the next 24+ games so that he can get a contract. You shouldnt get a headache player who isnt getting effort. He might be a headache on SM, but he should still be working hard -- and all reports are that he is. 

2 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

I just think you would have had to have been blown away by value -- 2nd or 3rd -- which just wasnt going to happen with his history. 

This. 

Like I said, if nothing else, I would keep Bryant his final year even if we hardly use him.    I dont like being spiteful usually...but we arent talking about a guy who has been a consummate team player and deserves a break for the Steelers.   He is an extremely selfish person who has done nothing but put himself ahead of the team from the time he got here.   I would waste a year of his just like he wasted a year of ours.   We dont owe him a damn thing.    Only way I trade him is if some team wants to give up some crazy value....but I wont be shocked if we trade him for the 5th in the offseason.   

Archived