Jump to content

More HOF Worthy: Matt Ryan vs Justin Tucker


In Your Opinion  

70 members have voted

  1. 1. Who would you vote into the HOF?

    • Justin Tucker
      64
    • Matt Ryan
      6


Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Dang - you guys blew it - shoulda closed the poll when the score got to 28-3

I certainly did. Would’ve been doubly symbolic. Falcons collapse and Tucker’s career FG% can be roughly calculated from that number. 😂 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SBLIII said:

K: Tucker

P: Guy

ST: Slater

all 3 should be in the HOF

I'd also conisder, Sam Koch, another Raven, for the HoF. He's been incredibly versatile with the number of different punts he has and has been with and has played at a high level with the Ravens for a very long time. 

Edited by Duluther
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/1/2021 at 12:43 PM, Duluther said:

I'd also conisder, Sam Koch, another Raven, for the HoF. He's been incredibly versatile with the number of different punts he has and has been with and has played at a high level with the Ravens for a very long time. 

https://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/191948/sam-koch-has-changed-the-punting-game-and-almost-no-one-noticed 

Always fun when I get an opportunity to post this so thank you haha

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Justin Tucker, easily. Let's look at the numbers:

Super Bowl Rings:

Tucker 1

Ryan 0

Super Bowl Losses:

Tucker 0

Ryan 1

Tackles:

Tucker 6

Ryan 0

Fumbles:

Tucker 0

Ryan 80

Interceptions:

Tucker 0

Ryan 161

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Justin Tucker, easily. Let's look at the numbers:

Super Bowl Rings:

Tucker 1

Ryan 0

Super Bowl Losses:

Tucker 0

Ryan 1

Tackles:

Tucker 6

Ryan 0

Fumbles:

Tucker 0

Ryan 80

Interceptions:

Tucker 0

Ryan 161

Yards per carry:

tucker 8.0

ryan 3.1

not even close 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Justin Tucker, easily. Let's look at the numbers:

Super Bowl Rings:

Tucker 1

Ryan 0

Super Bowl Losses:

Tucker 0

Ryan 1

Tackles:

Tucker 6

Ryan 0

Fumbles:

Tucker 0

Ryan 80

Interceptions:

Tucker 0

Ryan 161

 

8 minutes ago, sp6488 said:

Yards per carry:

tucker 8.0

ryan 3.1

not even close 

First Team All-Pro

Tucker 4

Ryan 1

Player of the Month:

Tucker 7

Ryan 3

Player of the Week:

Tucker 13

Ryan 9

All-Decade Teams: 

Tucker 1

Ryan 0

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Justin Tucker and it shouldn't even be a debate. That said, I've seen interviews from several people who vote on the HOF (I think in a doc about Steve Tasker) openly brag that they won't even entertain the idea of doing their jobs if they are asked to consider any special teams players. 

Frankly I think that should be enough to automatically see them lose their spots as HOF voters, but the NFL doesn't. That said, tucker has the celebrity factor that would make these idiots likely overlook imtheir supposed positions in an instant (as they would have if Buffalo won 2-3 of those Superbowls). It's pathetic, but there we have it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

I would put both in. But, Tucker is the best kicker of all-time. Make an argument for Vinatieri based off of notable moments if you want, but Justin Tucker is a dang sniper from anywhere on the field. Ryan is great but not near the GOAT discussion.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/31/2021 at 6:49 AM, HerbertGOAT said:

Make an argument for Vinatieri based off of notable moments if you want

Vinatieri is the only  kicker in NFL history to give up (2) kicks returned for a touchdown in the Super Bowl.

Conversely, Justin Tucker has given up zero

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Vinatieri is the only  kicker in NFL history to give up (2) kicks returned for a touchdown in the Super Bowl.

Conversely, Justin Tucker has given up zero

Well, he's probably the only kicker to have played in 5 Super Bowls, no? That adds to the probability of it happening.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...