Week 3 Postgame: GB 30 - SF 28

Leader

20 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Disagree .. it's called tampering.  Your buddy calls inquiring if your wife is available; would you be happy?!  LOL .. maybe, maybe not.

That's not tampering. If it were, here would never be any trades in the NFL. Now, if they contacted Rodgers to ask if he'd be interested in coming to San Francisco, that would be tampering. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Has anybody made mention about how frigid the post game handshake was between the two best buddies: Shanahan and MLF. LaFleur put his hand out but never broke stride and looked right past him. It was a quick moment in passing. I believe the only words spoken by MLF was good job or good game. 

There is a whole lot of anger between the two, I'm guessing over Shanahan trying to get Rodgers in the off season and MLF not being too thrilled with it. Would what Shanahan allegedly did be considered tampering? 

Considering how competitive people (including coaches) can get over sporting events, I wouldn't think it overly unusual at all.... When you consider Shanahan thought his team had come back and were within 37 seconds from winning and being 3-0...Than to have AR and company march down the field and steal the thunder, I would imagine he was livid and not paying a whole lot of attention to postgame protocol...

12 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Has anybody made mention about how frigid the post game handshake was between the two best buddies: Shanahan and MLF. LaFleur put his hand out but never broke stride and looked right past him. It was a quick moment in passing. I believe the only words spoken by MLF was good job or good game. 

There is a whole lot of anger between the two, I'm guessing over Shanahan trying to get Rodgers in the off season and MLF not being too thrilled with it. Would what Shanahan allegedly did be considered tampering? 

I'd be done with him if I was LaFleur.  I think he/they tampered with Rodgers in the offseason, and I think Matt probably has some ill will that his brother was blocked from coming to Green Bay when he was putting his initial coaching staff together.

14 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

looked backwards to me in real time, but on replay it looks clean.

Scroll to 48.40 for the play

Thanks for that. It still looks lateral to me but it was close enough I am sure it wouldn't have been changed anyway. I think the deflection backwards made it seem worse in my memory. And as was mentioned there were no timeouts left to challenge either.

1 hour ago, Brat&Beer said:

That's not tampering. If it were, here would never be any trades in the NFL. Now, if they contacted Rodgers to ask if he'd be interested in coming to San Francisco, that would be tampering. 

The issue isn’t that SF inquired.  The Rams did that and MLF is not pissed at McVay.  

The issue is that the packers believe that SF and Rodgers camps coordinated the leak on the AM of the draft to try and force the packers into a panic trade.  Jason Wilde has said many times that this is the belief in the packers front office and that THAT is the issue that has pissed MLF off.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Refugee said:

There was a little more than just smoke to the idea that LaFleur was not happy in the offseason, even extending to his brother and Saleh not being warm with Shanahan about the whole situation.  I’m sure coach didn’t like the drama and 12 played his part but that’s not the guy you can realistically focus your anger on. 

The thing is, you can’t be overly upset with Shanahan. As a direct competitor,you should expect them to make every move possible to get a one up on us, even if it’s just some draft day smoke to create some drama. I did see the handshake and it seemed like there is still some bad blood.  I’m fine with that, let’s take things a bit personally as we try to kick SF off the mountain. 

From Shanny acting like a little B? MLF went out there for a proper shake and you know he would have if GB lost too.

29 minutes ago, Cpdaly23 said:

The issue isn’t that SF inquired.  The Rams did that and MLF is not pissed at McVay.  

The issue is that the packers believe that SF and Rodgers camps coordinated the leak on the AM of the draft to try and force the packers into a panic trade.  Jason Wilde has said many times that this is the belief in the packers front office and that THAT is the issue that has pissed MLF off.

And if LMF/gutey know that to be accurate, they have reason to be real mad at a colleague. 

There is absolutely nothing wrong with San Fran calling GB to discuss any player, including Rodg.

IF MLF is angry about the ordeal it only can be because he suspects San Fran had a private conversation with Rodg.

If there was proof of this, the league would be involved.  There apparently isn't.

3 hours ago, coachbuns said:

Disagree .. it's called tampering.  Your buddy calls inquiring if your wife is available; would you be happy?!

Guess that depends on who answers the call.

If the wife gets it....only thing that may make the husband wonder is she's suddenly unusually content and happy  :)