Week 3 Postgame: GB 30 - SF 28

Leader

1 hour ago, tredpack said:

Possibly, he was my favorite Packer as a youngin. 

Both are around the same size 6 ft just over 200lbs, both are phsyical, both went to South Carolina. 

There are some similarities... 

Samuel looks legit but he’s got a long way to go to be mentioned in the same breath. Bcuz at the time of his injury, Sharpe was the best WR in football. And this was back when Rice was in his prime too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Sharpe was ... the best I've seen in a Packer uniform.  Though Davante is getting closer.  

I wasn't able to watch the first half.  But Adams had some non-success plays in the second half.  Maybe on the first possession, a Jones run got them to 2nd-and-2.  Adams wasn't able to fake or do anything to his defender, got the quick outside throw and got stopped dead for a single yard.  Then on 3rd-and-1, he was open for a quick little 5-yard throw for the first down, and while the throw was a little low he just totally dropped it.  Huge change-of-possession caused by the bad drop.

On the injury play, maybe he was spooked by the oncoming hit.  But the ball hit him in both hands prior to the hit.  He'd already failed to catch the on-both-hands throw and the ball was going to the ground even before the big hit.  Had he handled it, who knows if he'd have been able to hold on after the monster hit, perhaps probably it would have been knocked loose.  But that looked like another pretty bad crucial drop there, that got kind of overlooked thanks to the big hit.  It's also possible that he felt himself missing it and losing possession, and thus was extending further to try to regrab the missed catch; perhaps had he caught the ball correctly in the first place, he'd have been a little better tenses/bunched to be able to better withstand the big hit?  

Plus it also seemed like in the second half San Fran gave him a lot of single coverage, and Rodgers would go his way when so.  But it seemed there were several 2nd-half incomplete targets in which he didn't really get himself all that open against the single coverage.  

Glad it ended up a W.  And that Adams made the two big catches that set up the game-winning FG, against the soft coverage.  But otherwise, it wasn't a great 2nd half for the Adams-Rodgers targets.  

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Stokes  👍

Think he's a keeper.

Very raw.  If he dedicates himself to his craft and wants to get better he will be fine.    Hes gotta stay hungry to reach the next level.    The good ones reach a level and stay there.   The great ones never stop reaching. 

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Im having problems getting psyched for regular season games this year when it seems this team is destined to win the North fairly easily and last year's team proved that seeding is only kind of important...

I hear you, and of course we're all entitled to our own psyches.  :)  Yes, they ought to win the North.  The others are pretty vulnerable, the Packers really should go 6-0 or at least 5-1 within the division.  So *if* they could be a little over .500 outside the division, a hypothetical 6-0 in division + 6-5 out of division => 12-5.  That wouldn't make you a super bowl team.  But getting into the playoffs is necessary, and teams change over the course of the season.  It's the national injury league, so teams that are probably super now may not be as superior 15 games from now.  (Same risk for us, of course.). 

I think we've got some improvement capacity?  I think we've already seen some progression with the O-line, and getting Jenkins and Bakhti back could elevate it.  Stokes might be well entrenched later?  And it's also possible that King will be back and will play better as the season progresses in a somewhat different role?  Adding Z might help, too.  

I actually love the long regular season.  And I feel like home-field is pretty relevant for Rodgers and the team in the playoffs, even if it's obviously insufficient to necessitate victory against superior teams.  But *if* you're variably outclassed, it helps to make the upset more possible?  

That was a good road win.  Steelers offense isn't great, so *IF* the Packers could scramble together enough offense to beat them, it could be a pretty good start.  

I kinda love to enjoy the long haul of the long season, and enjoy it for months even though I know there will probably be a show-stopper loss sooner or later in the playoffs.  

3 hours ago, Leader said:

Slaton only got 2 snaps last night. Wonder why that was.

If hes progressing, hes a rookie, and will likely hit a wall.  Hes a big boy who they might want around in Dec-Jan. 

Same with the rookie OL.  Meyers and Newman.  Solid play, but when do the start to wear down??

Edited by NFLGURU

Just now, NFLGURU said:

If hes progressing, hes a rookie, and will likely hit a wall.  Hes a big boy who they might want around in Dec-Jan.   

Lancaster also had a few very solid plays, including a pressure right up the middle. He went out with a concussion and if he’s in protocol, you can bet TJ will get some more reps in practice that should translate into the game next week. 

1 minute ago, skibrett15 said:

the cobb iso route where rodgers got locked in on him was downright awful on 4th and 1 from the 3.

That was a broken play, don't think it looked anything like it was designed. Cobbs motion was late, snap almost hit him, Rodgers almost dropped the snap. Would judge the execution there and not the call.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

That was a broken play, don't think it looked anything like it was designed. Cobbs motion was late, snap almost hit him, Rodgers almost dropped the snap. Would judge the execution there and not the call.

yeah, it looked really bad.  Maybe it was supposed to be a run to cobb

22 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

I damn near had a stroke after this penalty was called.  Hoping Gute got on the horn with the NFL this morning about the officiating in this game.

After the no call on Tae, this was egregious. Some of the most inconsistent nonsense I’ve seen in a while and several bad calls form the refs could have cost us that game. Definitely we need to send some of that in, especially the no call involving player safety. 

Just now, Refugee said:

After the no call on Tae, this was egregious. Some of the most inconsistent nonsense I’ve seen in a while and several bad calls form the refs could have cost us that game. Definitely we need to send some of that in, especially the no call involving player safety. 

the only thing they were consistent on was calling all of the DPI VERY tight for both sides.

1 minute ago, skibrett15 said:

the only thing they were consistent on was calling all of the DPI VERY tight for both sides.

Those were grey area calls on some but is still feel we got shafted on how weak our calls were and they got called when they legitimately had hands on the receiver and were turning them early.  But there were plenty of others that were horrible and slanted the field. I won’t get deeper into it. I hate crying about the refs, it’s always pointless and especially so after a win. I just hope the team takes steps to put it on record that it was garbage.