Week 4: Steelers @ Lambeau Field

FAH1223

Nothing personal and I'm not trying to insult them, but I watched the Pittsburgh game yesterday and it felt like they played with no heart whatsoever. It seemed as if the rookies and second/third string guys were the only players putting effort into it. Roethlisberger is pretty much washed up at this point and they couldn't run block to save their life. It was like they were going through the motions on both sides of the ball.

I will say this, however: Najee Harris got a ton of yardage on short screen passes despite dropping a couple of bad ones at the end. He actually led the team in receiving yards as well. Obviously, we'll have to keep an eye on that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Joe said:

Nothing personal and I'm not trying to insult them, but I watched the Pittsburgh game yesterday and it felt like they played with no heart whatsoever. It seemed as if the rookies and second/third string guys were the only players putting effort into it. Roethlisberger is pretty much washed up at this point and they couldn't run block to save their life. It was like they were going through the motions on both sides of the ball.

I will say this, however: Najee Harris got a ton of yardage on short screen passes despite dropping a couple of bad ones at the end. He actually led the team in receiving yards as well. Obviously, we'll have to keep an eye on that.

Harris and “Would have looked good in GB” Claypool are both dangerous. I see Pit coming in fired up.  I believe we will be, too. Let’s keep the momentum going!

13 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

Steelers fans travel like Packers fans. Lambeau will be rocking. 

Quite a few Steelers fans in Wisconsin, too, actually.  Back in the 70's when the Packers sucked, a man named Rocky Bleier from Appleton, Wisconsin helped the Steelers win the hearts and minds of many in the state, and country as well.  There were some epic clashes between the Steelers and Cowboys back then, and Packer fans relished watching any team put a spanking on the Cowboys - especially the Steelers because of Bleier.      

gotta wonder if the OL is gonna be a serious issue in one of our games, and this one looks like it could present a problem on that front.

Even without Watt, these DL on the steelers are way more talented than the packers IOL.  We'll see if they can control things by running well and using their H-backs/TEs to help, which definitely helped a LOT vs SF.

Hard for Roethlisberger to go downfield.  Everything is short, however those Pitt WRs are pretty good.  

RB Harris is more of a bruiser than a burner.  if the Packers bring the street fight mentality they should do well.  If its back to the touch football defense, Pittsburgh will be right in this game.  

Note:  The Packers played some intense defensive football last night.  Kevin King wasn't in there playing soft.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Get right game for Ben Roethlisberger.

Minimum points for Steelers is 30.

Maximum points for Packers is 15.

Lol, now this one is one to bookmark

On a serious note, the Steelers have long been a team that plays with short memory and never been one to be intimidated by anyone.  That mentality does remain unchanged even today, and in a week to week league that even saw them beat a good Buffalo team week 1, yes they need to be taken seriously.

But that said, this is one game I've had circled on the calendar because the Steelers were well overdue to quit winning the lottery against us.  Think about it.  They've managed to go 11 years without facing Rodgers having not played against him since Superbowl 45.  It's virtually unheard of even for AFC teams you only play every 4 years to get out of playing against an elite QB twice due to injury.

And ... in both 2013 and 2017 when Rodgers didn't play, the offense still scored 31 and 28 points respectively, and we had the worst backup QB ever in one of those.  No way we would have lost either of those 2 games if Rodgers had been playing.

Steelers will not get out of playing Rodgers this time and will be dead meat because of it.  Aside from our superbowl XLV win against them, they haven't lost to us in the regular season since 1995, and that's going end this Sunday I'm calling.

Edited by LLcheesehead12
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

gotta wonder if the OL is gonna be a serious issue in one of our games, and this one looks like it could present a problem on that front.

Even without Watt, these DL on the steelers are way more talented than the packers IOL.  We'll see if they can control things by running well and using their H-backs/TEs to help, which definitely helped a LOT vs SF.

Is Pitt's Dline really any better than San Frans? I see no reason to believe our Oline can't handle things as good as they did yesterday. The game plan and AR staying within that game plan will be a huge piece of this game. We need to run the ball. 

I would really like to see Dillon used more and earlier in the game. I would love to see both him and Jones in the game more often with Dillon getting some of those between the tackles carriers. Jones is wonderful and great but lets not kill him inside when we have a hammer to use. 

3 hours ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

And ... in both 2013 and 2017 when Rodgers didn't play, the offense still scored 31 and 28 points respectively, and we had the worst backup QB ever in one of those.  No way we would have lost either of those 2 games if Rodgers had been playing.

I know you were probably being hyperbolic with your comment, but you could do a lot worse than Brett Hundley as a backup QB.  He wasn’t good, by any means, but he was serviceable.  It didn’t help that the team around him was poor and he was playing in an offense that the league had figured out years before.

25 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

Is Pitt's Dline really any better than San Frans? I see no reason to believe our Oline can't handle things as good as they did yesterday. The game plan and AR staying within that game plan will be a huge piece of this game. We need to run the ball. 

I would really like to see Dillon used more and earlier in the game. I would love to see both him and Jones in the game more often with Dillon getting some of those between the tackles carriers. Jones is wonderful and great but lets not kill him inside when we have a hammer to use. 

cam heyward is better than any heavy the 9ers have

I feel like yesterday was the game that's going to really kick this season off... MLF got his "I'm not in your shadow anymore you qb tampering son of a biscuit!!" Game to his former BFF. We got some young blood out there in a hostile situation and not only got it done, but vets like Rodge, Crosby, and Adams got to help show them what winning big games mean and the work and heart that goes into it. Pitt is definitely on hard times, but now it's time to stack some wins and keep the train moving. Definitely like this team, and really look forward to Stokes developing too.

• Like 1