Week 4: Browns (2-1) at VIKINGS (1-2)

swede700

Game 4

When:  1:00 PM EST October 3rd

Where: US Bank Stadium (Minneapolis, MN)

TV/Radio: CBS (TV), KFAN 100.3 (Radio)

Announcers: Kevin Harlan, Trent Green, Melanie Collins

Coverage Map:  https://506sports.com/2021/04-CBS-E.png

Notable Injuries:

Vikings - Questionable: RB Dalvin Cook (ankle), DT Michael Pierce (elbow/shoulder), LB Anthony Barr (knee), CB Kris Boyd (hamstring), Doubtful: None, Out: WR Ihmir Smith-Marsette (toe)

Browns - Questionable: C JC Tretter (knee), T Jedrick Wills, Jr (ankle), LB Slone Takitaki (hamstring) Doubtful: None, Out: T Chris Hubbard (triceps), CB Greg Newsome II (calf)

Please keep all discussion about the game here.

Edited by swede700
Injury Report

This will be a good game. I’m not worried about Cleveland’s passing offense, but tackling needs to be at the forefront of emphasis this week in run defense. 

The o-line will certainly have its hands full with Garrett and Clowney. They rose to the occasion against Arizona, so fingers crossed they can do it again. They’ve put together back to back very good games. 

• Like 2

The Browns and the Rams will be the most complete teams the Vikings are likely to face this season.  They have good to great players in all phases of the game and they are well coached.  It will be a major test to see what kind of team the Vikings really are.

Here's hoping they can keep the momentum going. 

It's going to be a good test for each of the Vikings' units. Cleveland has a rock solid roster, and it appears that they are well coached with Stefanski. I expect a low-scoring affair, as both teams will be familiar with what the other team does. 

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

This will be a good game. I’m not worried about Cleveland’s passing offense, but tackling needs to be at the forefront of emphasis this week in run defense. 

The o-line will certainly have its hands full with Garrett and Clowney. They rose to the occasion against Arizona, so fingers crossed they can do it again. They’ve put together back to back very good games. 

Agreed, most worried about Cleveland’s pass rush. This should be a good game and would be a huge win to get to .500. Definitely a confidence builder heading into the second quarter of the year. 

6 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I know its still early but we need to hit 2-2 or playoffs are going to be a longshot this year.

Stefanski is an awesome coach. He's helped build that team right and got them believing in themselves.

It's not a long-shot when there are 7 spots up for grabs in a 16-team conference...and after tonight 11 of the 16 will either be 1-2 or 2-1, so the likelihood is that probably a good number of them will be either 2-2 or 1-3 after next week, with only 4 of them right now being 2-1.  There's going to be a lot of teams hovering around 7-10 to 10-7 this year and I bet at least 1 team that makes the playoffs will be 9-8.   

4 minutes ago, swede700 said:

It's not a long-shot when there are 7 spots up for grabs in a 16-team conference...and after tonight 11 of the 16 will either be 1-2 or 2-1, so the likelihood is that probably a good number of them will be either 2-2 or 1-3 after next week, with only 4 of them right now being 2-1.  There's going to be a lot of teams hovering around 7-10 to 10-7 this year and I bet at least 1 team that makes the playoffs will be 9-8.   

That's right but our schedule is brutal, and Green Bay will likely win the division again.

With a head to head loss to Arizona, our wildcard position if we made it wouldn't be ideal.

Just now, SteelKing728 said:

That's right but our schedule is brutal, and Green Bay will likely win the division again.

With a head to head loss to Arizona, our wildcard position if we made it wouldn't be ideal.

Not ideal, but I'm not giving up on the division yet.  The Packers are beatable...and the Cardinals still have a brutal division to come out of.  The Cardinals got off to a hot start last year as well and faded down the stretch...I wouldn't be surprised to see them do the same.  To me, until proven otherwise, they are still a severely overrated squad.    

• Like 2

1 hour ago, viking said:

Can Breeland play special teams? Start Danztler bench Breeland.

I thought that's why we brought in 3 new CBs? If you suck up the place you get benched. Earn your spot every week

I hope they try and make a move a for a talented or proven veteran CB if the season is deemed salvageable. The Jags just traded a talented CB. You’d think there’s be some options to pursue. Certainly won’t get better on defense if Breeland is starting. But I don’t know what’s going on with Dantzler and why he isn’t getting a chance to build off his rookie year.