Jaguars trade CB CJ Henderson and 5th for TE Dan Arnold and 3rd

Wow.  I was not expecting this.

How do Jags feel about Henderson?  I really, really liked him as a prospect, and the Panthers have done an excellent job at developing guys since Rhule came into town.

This all but guarantees Donte Jackson is gone after the season though.  He's having a great year, dude is gonna get paid.

You guys will like Arnold.  Not much of a blocker, but he did well as a receiver this year.  We just kind of didn't need him after drafting Tremble, who can do it all, and Ian Thomas is decent enough as a back-up.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

How do Jags feel about Henderson?  I really, really liked him as a prospect, and the Panthers have done an excellent job at developing guys since Rhule came into town.

On field, he has some promise. He has all the physical traits to be a starter in the league, and he’s not overly bad mentally. 

Off field, there’s a lot of concerns about him. When the previous regime left, someone from the staff told a local media member to look out for him because he could be big trouble. He disappeared for part of this off-season and Urban and Charlie Strong had to go to his house and meet with him for a few hours to get him back on the team. I don’t want to speculate on this, but the stuff that was coming out while he was out seems like a guy who maybe shouldn’t be near the game of football for his mental health. It seemed like things were going okay since his talk with Urban and Charlie, but apparently not if he’s being traded.

Any insight into Arnold beyond the good receiver, bad blocker would be appreciated. If there is much beyond that.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

And people try to argue we aren’t the worst run team in professional sports.

It’s cute you all spent the off-season thinking a division rival was worse off than us.

Jags are back, baby!

• Like 6
2 minutes ago, pwny said:

And people try to argue we aren’t the worst run team in professional sports.

It’s cute you all spent the off-season thinking a division rival was worse off than us.

Jags are back, baby!

To be fair, the Raiders draft history is worse:

2004 2 Robert Gallery T Iowa
2005 23 Fabian Washington DB Nebraska
2006 7 Michael Huff DB Texas
2007 1 JaMarcus Russell* QB LSU
2008 4 Darren McFadden RB Arkansas
2009 7 Darrius Heyward-Bey WR Maryland
2010 8 Rolando McClain LB Alabama
2011 No pick
2012 No pick
2013 12 D. J. Hayden DB Houston
2014 5 Khalil Mack LB Buffalo
2015 4 Amari Cooper WR Alabama
2016 14 Karl Joseph S West Virginia
2017 24 Gareon Conley CB Ohio State
2018 15 Kolton Miller T UCLA
2019 4 Clelin Ferrell DE Clemson
24 Josh Jacobs RB Alabama
27 Johnathan Abram S Mississippi State
2020 12 Henry Ruggs WR Alabama
19 Damon Arnette CB Ohio State
2021 17 Alex Leatherwood OT Alabama

sick.gif

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, pwny said:

Any insight into Arnold beyond the good receiver, bad blocker would be appreciated. If there is much beyond that.

Not much outside of that, unfortunately.  There was a lot of excitement about what he would be able to bring to the team in the red-zone, but we didn't get to see it.  But he scored 4 TDs in a limited role with the Cardinals last season, so between that and his size, in theory, he should be a good red-zone target.  But yeah he's your standard, big, strong, possession tight end.  Which isn't a bad thing.  I think he'll see more targets in Jacksonville than he had the opportunity to see here.  Feels like we were going to go to Tremble as TE1 sooner than later (which isn't a slight on Arnold - Tremble is simply more versatile and has higher upside).

The character concerns worry me.  I hope we did our homework.  

• Like 1
1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Hello, thank you for signing up for Jags Facts.

The Jacksonville Jaguars have lost 18 straight games including the last 7 by double digit deficits.

To cancel your subscription to Jags Facts please reply "STOP THE PAIN" or maybe not have an interior offensive lineman do a 360 during a flea flicker. Either/Or.

• Like 12