Jaguars trade CB CJ Henderson and 5th for TE Dan Arnold and 3rd

MikeT14

4 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

How didn’t Carolina get fleeced? They gave up a 3rd for a guy who might be good if he lives up to his draft hype but so far hasn’t and probably won’t. And reading this thread, might be crazy?

Kind of how I feel tbh.

I mean since we used a top 10 pick id prefer to see it out than put another red mark against our 1st rounders over the years but getting a 3rd in a deal after a guy has thus far not lived up to the billing in season 2 (while having some off field concerns and currently knicked up) is actually pretty good value.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

How didn’t Carolina get fleeced? They gave up a 3rd for a guy who might be good if he lives up to his draft hype but so far hasn’t and probably won’t. And reading this thread, might be crazy?

Because it's a third round pick and it's worth a roll of the dice to see if they can get the talent that made him a top ten pick just a year ago. There's a lot of variance in this type of trade - really high high, really low low. He may end up nothing, but it's a third round pick and largely whatever. 

I mean Carolina definitely didn’t get fleeced lol.

When a guy who doesn’t work out after being drafted there usually doesn’t seem to be a mid round pick involved. Usually it’s a team either cutting them or just trading them for a conditional late rounder. 

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

Man, I remember like a year or two after he bought the team. Y'all were all about him.

Absolutely. In 2012, he held up a ticket and said this would be the hottest ticket in town. 9 years later, he is 41-109 as an owner and the stadium is half empty because the product on the field is absolutely terrible. 18 straight losses.

2 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Absolutely. In 2012, he held up a ticket and said this would be the hottest ticket in town. 9 years later, he is 41-109 as an owner and the stadium is half empty because the product on the field is absolutely terrible. 18 straight losses.

Well considering some angry fans probably took that ticket and burned it after the losses, maybe he wasn’t wrong?

42 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

He's only played 10 games, seems far too soon to say he probably won't live up to his draft hype.  He's on the 2nd year of his rookie contract.  He's almost certainly better than any prospect that will be in the 3rd round next year.

And as a corner, especially with his skill-set, he couldn't be coming into a better situation. He's got arguably the best pass rush in the NFL in front of him.  Donte Jackson has been lights out, so there won't be a ton of pressure on him to take care of the #1 guy.  He's got a great DC.  He'll be playing in a heavy press-man scheme, which was his best fit coming out of school (not sure what the Jags run).  

I'm not saying he's guaranteed for success, far from it, but I don't see how you can say we got fleeced.  If we took this guy in the 3rd round next year, it'd be an amazing pick and well worth the risk.  We're just getting him on the team a season earlier.  If he fails, it is a bummer but still would have been worth it.  If all works out the Panthers have 2 super athletic man corners drafted in the top 10 younger and both younger than 23.  

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, BABPITT said:

If I was the Raiders I would of made that trade He can’t be worse then Damon arnette smh 

Where have I seen this whole Damon Arnette saga play out before.... ah right 3 years earlier with Gareon Conley when you guys took yet another 2nd fiddle CB from Ohio State.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Where have I seen this whole Damon Arnette saga play out before.... ah right 3 years earlier with Gareon Conley when you guys took yet another 2nd fiddle CB from Ohio State.

It happens every year with the Raiders 1st round pick. I think Kolton is their only hit?

Edited by Jeezla

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

Nah I mean like The Raiders should've learned their lesson before reaching on a #2 CB from Ohio State in that short of a time span, but... nope.

I believe Conley was the #1 CB and Lattimore was the #2, maybe I'm remembering wrong tho. I definitely liked Conley more than Arnett coming out. Didn't think Conley was a bad pick when it happened, but I knew Arnett was a bad pick.

Edited by Jeezla