Jaguars trade CB CJ Henderson and 5th for TE Dan Arnold and 3rd

MikeT14

On 9/27/2021 at 1:18 PM, Uncle Buck said:

Moves like this make me think of an often used soundbite of Vikings play-by-play announcer, Paul Allen on his radio show.  It concerns the folly of gambling, and it says:

"[Instead of gambling with your money, here's a better idea.]  How about if we just go outside, you give me only half of your money, I'll kick you in the nuts, and we'll call it a day!" 

It’s originally from Vegas Vacation. Great line.

I feel bad for Jags fans. However, if he never pans out, at least they got something in return.

• Like 1

On 9/27/2021 at 2:18 PM, Uncle Buck said:

Moves like this make me think of an often used soundbite of Vikings play-by-play announcer, Paul Allen on his radio show.  It concerns the folly of gambling, and it says:

"[Instead of gambling with your money, here's a better idea.]  How about if we just go outside, you give me only half of your money, I'll kick you in the nuts, and we'll call it a day!"  

Paul Allen obviously relies on subjectivity. He watches every play of every game and makes judgments based on that input, with greatest weight toward recency. That's the method of every failed analyst or prognosticator. Concepts like regression don't occur to them at all. They have no idea whatsoever that there is a huge group of people who laugh at subjectivity, and rely on systems. If you immerse in the Las Vegas sports betting scene those are the guys making the big wagers and collecting. They aren't stupid enough to think that personnel obsession or technical football has anything to do with the outcomes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Awsi Dooger said:

Paul Allen obviously relies on subjectivity. He watches every play of every game and makes judgments based on that input, with greatest weight toward recency. That's the method of every failed analyst or prognosticator. Concepts like regression don't occur to them at all. They have no idea whatsoever that there is a huge group of people who laugh at subjectivity, and rely on systems. If you immerse in the Las Vegas sports betting scene those are the guys making the big wagers and collecting. They aren't stupid enough to think that personnel obsession or technical football has anything to do with the outcomes.

Oh for sure, Paul Allen is a horrible gambler, and he revels in it.  He is the voice of the Vikings and he also does the announcing for Canterbury Downs, our local horse racing track.  It enjoys it all, but he also seems to know his limitations.  That sound bite I quoted is one that he has often used in reference to himself over the years.  xD

On 9/27/2021 at 5:51 PM, BABPITT said:

If I was the Raiders I would of made that trade He can’t be worse then Damon arnette smh 

No, just no. As bad as Arnette has been - and he's actually seemed a little better this year - Henderson had massive red flags in his college tape. Any player that actively avoids trying to be a tackler and literally avoids a ball carrier so a teammate can make the tackle has no place on our roster and you gave to question his commitment. I was amazed that anyone in the Raiders forum wanted him during the draft season, to me he was undraftable.

Hope he gets the mental help he seems to need obviously but I don't think Gus Bradley would even have considered him after being very vocal about fundamentals and tackling during pre season. 

I think actually this is a good move for the Jags. They are in a bit if a funk right now and need to purge the locker room of any negative influences but Lawrence is a good player who's struggling with supporting cast and if they put huge effort into surrounding him with talent and helping him with scheme they should improve dramatically.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

What's really interesting is that of the 4 rookie cbs we had last year just 1 remains and he was drafted more for returning

Look at 1st round CBs from 2020. There was talk of Okudah being traded from the Lions, CJ is gone, Terrell starter for Falcons, Arnette is a huge disappointment for the Raiders, Igbinoghene hasn't really played this year (been inactive), Gladney is off the Vikes for his issues. I mean wow. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Look at 1st round CBs from 2020. There was talk of Okudah being traded from the Lions, CJ is gone, Terrell starter for Falcons, Arnette is a huge disappointment for the Raiders, Igbinoghene hasn't really played this year (been inactive), Gladney is off the Vikes for his issues. I mean wow. 

Glad we got “stuck” with Kristian Fulton in the 2nd. He has been great this year you us. 

On 9/27/2021 at 10:24 AM, Adrenaline_Flux said:

Hello, thank you for signing up for Jags Facts.

The Jacksonville Jaguars have lost 18 straight games including the last 7 by double digit deficits.

To cancel your subscription to Jags Facts please reply "STOP THE PAIN" or maybe not have an interior offensive lineman do a 360 during a flea flicker. Either/Or.

As a Titans fan I would love to subscribe to Jags Facts lol

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TJM217 said:

As a Titans fan I would love to subscribe to Jags Facts lol

Hello, thank you for signing up for Jags Facts.

The Jacksonville Jaguars hold the largest margin of victory in the Jaguars-Titans series with a 37-7 win over the Tennessee Titans on November 5th, 2006.

To cancel your subscription to Jags Facts please reply "STOP THE PAIN" or maybe check the pre-draft psych evaluations on the prospects you're looking at in the top 10 of the draft. Either/Or.

• Like 2

On 9/27/2021 at 7:16 AM, pwny said:

And people try to argue we aren’t the worst run team in professional sports.

It’s cute you all spent the off-season thinking a division rival was worse off than us.

Jags are back, baby!

I distinctly remember arguing with Jags fans that thought this job was better than the Chargers job…

12 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

I distinctly remember arguing with Jags fans that thought this job was better than the Chargers job…

You argued with Jags fans who solely said that Khan gives his hires far too long of a leash to find success and that it would be appealing to know that you have time to build a team as you see fit. Not that being a good team over the last decade made us appealing.

Khan’s failure as an owner has been in trusting that his staff knows what they’re doing even when it’s clear that they don’t. That isn’t a trait that makes a job unappealing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pwny said:

You argued with Jags fans who solely said that Khan gives his hires far too long of a leash to find success and that it would be appealing to know that you have time to build a team as you see fit. Not that being a good team over the last decade made us appealing.

Khan’s failure as an owner has been in trusting that his staff knows what they’re doing even when it’s clear that they don’t. That isn’t a trait that makes a job unappealing.

This.

I don’t recall anyone saying it was a better job, but definitely one of the most appealing ones on the market and right there with LAC, and that was largely to do with what pwny is referencing. An owner that has a big pocket and gives you all the time in the world to see your vision through is rare in the NFL. Then you had the first pick/Lawrence+one of the best cap situations in the league…it is/was a very appealing job.

Just because we’ve been trash the last 10-12 years doesn’t take away from the appeal of all of the above. We’ve been bad because the people in said roles that were available failed miserably in their time here, not some “imaginary” bad voodoo.

On 9/29/2021 at 8:11 AM, SteelKing728 said:

I loved Henderson as a prospect. I wanted him so much more so than Jeff Gladney.

Weird seeing him already be traded away.

Yeah, I remember being disappointed when he went before the Vikings got to pick too.  It sounds like he has some mental issues though, so maybe it was a good thing you missed out on him.  Then again, they ended up Gladney so it was pretty much a wash. 

• Like 1