The Bruce Allen issue

lavar703

Can we find someone/anyone to ask Bruce this simple question:

"With all of the injuries that have happened to the Redskins, why did the team stand pat at the trade deadline? Unlike in years past, teams were willing and able to deal. Why weren't the Skins buyers (needing OL talent desperately) or sellers (the season is essentially over due to the injuries)? Why did the team stand pat?"

Because he's tanking to get his QB. They haven't tried to improve the team at all. We need a RB so badly and Ajayi was available and he was young enough to be our RB of the future but somehow a 4th was too expensive? They're tanking and you cant convince me otherwise. 

31 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Because he's tanking to get his QB. They haven't tried to improve the team at all. We need a RB so badly and Ajayi was available and he was young enough to be our RB of the future but somehow a 4th was too expensive? They're tanking and you cant convince me otherwise. 

dark-times-for-dark-patterns-10-638.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2017 at 5:41 PM, Woz said:

Can we find someone/anyone to ask Bruce this simple question:

"With all of the injuries that have happened to the Redskins, why did the team stand pat at the trade deadline? Unlike in years past, teams were willing and able to deal. Why weren't the Skins buyers (needing OL talent desperately) or sellers (the season is essentially over due to the injuries)? Why did the team stand pat?"

With the OL, we only have 1 player who is at jeopardy of going on IR and that’s Trent. They knew it would only be a week - at most 2 - before Nsekhe, Lauvao, Long and Scherff would be back. No need in trading away a draft pick when you’re going to have a healthy OL back pretty soon.

To me the biggest disappointment is that we couldn’t do something at WR but I do understand why we couldn’t because other teams didn’t seem willing to deal.

The Redskins aren’t tanking. They’re just holding onto draft picks and building through the draft. It’s hard for me to be upset with that approach considering for the first decade Snyder owned the team he didn’t care about keeping draft picks and building through the draft and that’s all we wanted them to do.

Redskins fans are extremely funny to me sometimes. They are building the team the way we wanted them to build it last decade and now they are but people are complaining because we aren’t doing what we did last decade.

huh?

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

With the OL, we only have 1 player who is at jeopardy of going on IR and that’s Trent. They knew it would only be a week - at most 2 - before Nsekhe, Lauvao, Long and Scherff would be back. No need in trading away a draft pick when you’re going to have a healthy OL back pretty soon.

We have had our swing tackle out for over six weeks. We have had our right tackle playing two bum ankles. We were grabbing people randomly off the street. We're talking about five of our six most important offensive linemen being hurt or not even practicing. If they do come back this week, then okay maybe its excusable. However, if not, are you telling me that there wasn't a single offensive quality lineman available for a mid round pick? That said player (even without knowing the line calls) wouldn't at least give us some depth or be a better player than TJ Clemmings?

http://www.redskins.com/news/article-1/MINvsWAS-Injury-Report-Spencer-Long-Questionable/932f260d-c063-451d-9d37-a68ed9447ec5

Note that all are questionable and had limited practice participation. They weren't going to be ready in a week or two.

To me the biggest disappointment is that we couldn’t do something at WR but I do understand why we couldn’t because other teams didn’t seem willing to deal.

I'm confused how you assert this considering how active the trade deadline was. It was an actual trading market for the first time ever.

It's the same thing with Adrian Peterson or Jermaine Kearse. We don't seem to be involved in talking to other teams about making deals. The only reasons I can think of are either we're not paying attention to other teams' situations (fire the people involved), other teams don't want to deal with our front office (fire the people involved), or the price isn't right. If it is the latter, where are the rumors that we were at least sniffing around? You're telling me that the front office wouldn't even drop a rumor "hey, the Steelers were asking for a pair of firsts for Martavis Bryant?"

The Redskins aren’t tanking. They’re just holding onto draft picks and building through the draft. It’s hard for me to be upset with that approach considering for the first decade Snyder owned the team he didn’t care about keeping draft picks and building through the draft and that’s all we wanted them to do.

Redskins fans are extremely funny to me sometimes. They are building the team the way we wanted them to build it last decade and now they are but people are complaining because we aren’t doing what we did last decade.

If they had a plan for how they would build through the draft, I could understand that. However, the guy who nominally had a plan for what they were doing is gone.

Also, don't act like the free agency spending sprees/draft pick throwaways in the early 2000s are the same as making deals at the trade deadline. For one thing, the prices tend to be lower. Second, the team needs help right now. Prior to the trade deadline, we were entering into a six week period that would essentially determine if we should be planning for January or planning for March & April. We needed assistance right then and there.

But we sat. Why?

This is where I'm at as well Woz. Bruce isn't even trying. We obviously have a need at RB, they did nothing even though the Eagles paid what amounts to nothing for Ajayi. We have needs at receiver, they sat on their hands. Our OL is decimated by injuries, they play everybody except Moses out of position instead of signing someone worth a damn. 

The draft rolls around and we need a back with size and speed, they draft Kelley 2.0. Mind you, I like Perine but I'd like him a lot more of Kelley wasn't on the roster and the pick made more sense. They lucked out with Allen dropping to them because according to local media they were going to pick Adoree Jackson had Allen not been there. I have no idea what or where we would've be played Jackson? 

The team is nowhere near as bad as it was with Cerrato and I get that but we're now just built to be average. Bruce refuses to dabble in free agency unless it's a bargain player and he let our two playmaking receivers walk for absolutely no reason whatsoever. He's extremely cheap but passes it off as him being savvy. The whole situation is infuriating and now hearing the news that the Browns wanted to trade for Pryor and we told them "thanks but no thanks" makes it even worse. The front office just seems like they don't care. 

6 hours ago, Slateman said:

Except he fired the guy known for doing it.

I don’t disagree but the point is for months those who beat up on Dan and Vinny for not building through the draft lst decsde have beaten up on Allen for not trading away draft picks for veterans. 

That sounds very hypocritical to me.

Since Allen was hired we’ve gotten our finances more in order - probably too much for my taste because other than Norman we’ve not signed any high priced vets like a Campbell, Malik Jackson or Bennie Logan/Dontari Poe, Alshon Jeffery etc - and we haven’t traded away many draft picks except when he, Dan and Mike traded to get McNabb and Brown in 2010 and traded up to get RG3.

All 3 were mistakes by the way, it makes much better sense 9 out of 10 times to not trade a draft pick for a veteran unless it’s a 6th or 7th rounder for a starter. Like if we had been able to trade Pryor and a 6th for Martavis Bryant that would have made sense.

Ah well, Pitt wouldn’t trade him because they may need him down the stretch and he’s cheap. Maybe we’ll be able to get it done in the offseason because I really think Bryant wants out of Pitt, it’s clear that Shuster-Smith has taken his spot as the #2:

We need to fire him I'm officially of the train . And Danny needs to go to i never ever pointed towards him so much but after being a long time fan it is time to move on .

the only thing that I like about Danny now is the fact that he keeps the team name and he loves the skins .

2 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

We need to fire him I'm officially of the train . And Danny needs to go to i never ever pointed towards him so much but after being a long time fan it is time to move on .

the only thing that I like about Danny now is the fact that he keeps the team name and he loves the skins .

Everyone agrees, but reality is different from pipe dreams

• 1 month later...

Allen already putting the spin out there to save his ***.  He trotted Doug Williams out for a radio interview who said that Bruce rarely gets involved in personnel decisions (ya right).  Allen’s setting up Williams to be the new fall guy.  Dude is a snake.

Archived