the Jaguars should fire Urban Meyer immediately

Apparition

2 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Im anticipating someone like roman or daboll

We should've ended up with Roman as an OC, back when it made sense...with Caldwell at the helm.

But at this point, it's stupid.  He's probably one of those guys who is useless at a HC.  Good OC.  Nothing more.  Like the Vic Fangio or Wade Phillips of offensive guys.

Edited by Tugboat

18 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Didn't the Texans use 1 and ended up with Culley?

Not sure, but the WFT used one and ended up with Ron Rivera. Not saying they'll win a bunch or that will work out on the field immediately, but just from a cultural standpoint, that's the type of hire you need. Even if the next coach can't get you to the playoffs directly, you need a structure that would appeal to the best coaching candidates. You don't have that right now, based on everything I've heard from Jags fans in this thread.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Not sure, but the WFT used one and ended up with Ron Rivera. Not saying they'll win a bunch or that will work out on the field immediately, but just from a cultural standpoint, that's the type of hire you need. Even if the next coach can't get you to the playoffs directly, you need a structure that would appeal to the best coaching candidates. You don't have that right now, based on everything I've heard from Jags fans in this thread.

Bingo. Ron has his detractors in our forum, and rightfully so on things, but there was a bigger reason he was brought in. To help right the ship that was the Titanic heading for the iceberg in this Washington Football Team. And I'm not just talking wins and losses. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Jacksonville should just pull the plug now before it gets worse. This man is not built for this and the players, fans and organization deserve better. 

The best part is going to be re-reading the "Jags hire Urban Meyer" thread at some point because I remember quite a few Jags fans who were pretty combative at the idea that Urban wasn't going to workout in the NFL lol.

edit: 

Yeah this is gold top to bottom and i'm only on the first page.

Edited by Ray Reed
  • Like 2

No surprise here: others are already saying Lombardi is overblowing those “meetings” and they were Urban meeting with his staff.

• Like 1

I'm going to do my best to translate just how awful this "public apology" he issued is:

"I just apologized to the team and staff for being a distraction," Meyer said. "Just stupid, and so I explained everything that happened and owned it. Just stupid. Should not have myself in that kind of position."

Translation: Make no mistake about it, I'm not sorry at all for bailing on my team on a road trip, holding myself to an arbitrarily different standard, my actions, or even getting caught. I'm apologizing for public perception, and the fact that SMART phones even exist in today's world. I'm actually a victim here.

"There was a big group next [to] our restaurant and they wanted me to come over and take pictures, and I did," Meyer said. "They were trying to pull me out on the dance floor, screwing around, and I should have left."

I got pictures with "a big group", definitely not an attractive blond and her attractive friends, who clearly had taboo intentions. It's important to note that I wasn't actually pulled onto the dance floor, and you won't find any video footage of such an event occurring. I should have left the area I guess, or maybe the bar. It's confusing as to what I should have left and where I should have gone. Definitely not home to hang out with my grandkids. I needed to "blow off steam", and please don't use this as a euphemism. 

Meyer said his family was understandably upset after the nine-second video showing Meyer sitting at the bar in an Ohio State pullover while the young woman danced close to his lap was posted to social media on Saturday night and quickly went viral.

This is just shoddy journalism here. Are we going to pretend that the STARR report wasn't a public record? As for "upset", that's intentionally ambiguous.

Roughly an hour after Meyer's news conference Monday, another video emerged on social media that appeared to show Meyer touching a woman's bottom while he was sitting at the bar. The woman appeared to be wearing the same clothes -- jeans and a white top -- as the woman in the first viral video.

"Bottom". Good work gang.

"I've always been so defensive of them [the players]," Meyer said. "I remember when Trevor [Lawrence] told me he was going to go to Vegas for his bachelor party. I was just like, 'My gosh, man, be careful and surround yourself because I've seen this happen.'

Translation: I've always been defensive of my players. Take this one time, I actually made sure that Aaron Hernandez could help us win football games regardless of his actions. I even reminded Trevor Lawrence not to get caught doing anything immoral or illegal. What he does in Vegas stays in Vegas, but what people tape you doing lasts forever.

"The team, I spoke to a bunch of leaders one-on-one, spoke to all the players. They're good. They're focused on Tennessee.

Translation: I'm not sure who I spoke to. Did I speak to the entire team separate from ownership and separate from a bunch of leaders one on one? It's all such a blur. The good news is, since they flew back last week, they received their weekly game plans. 

I apologized again for being a distraction. A coach should not be a distraction."

Translation: I'm clearly not going to admit to being wrong or any of my own actions. A friendly reminder here that I'm actually the victim in this circumstance. Whoever recorded me and took my pictures did so with a very rudimentary permission. It's all very hurtful.

"I am concerned about that. I have a very good relationship with our players," Meyer said.

Translation: For example, this one time, Aaron Hernandez told me...

"I've dealt with this, not on the other side but with staff members and with other things, and I've dealt with it.

Translation: Have you seen what I've done the last 15+ years everywhere I've been?

So to say I'm concerned, yeah I am concerned, but I just got to do right"

"I'm not sure where to go from here, but everyone already knew that I was notorious for such behavior in Columbus already."

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

The best part is going to be re-reading the "Jags hire Urban Meyer" thread at some point because I remember quite a few Jags fans who were pretty combative at the idea that Urban wasn't going to workout in the NFL lol.

edit: 

We have been dog**** for the last 10 years. It doesn’t take much to get us excited nowadays.

I was a fan of the hire but it’s quite obvious he isn’t going to work in the NFL.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

edit: 

Let me know when you find the “quite a few Jaguars fans who were pretty combative”. 

@MWil23 He went on to explain how people were trying to get him on the dance floor, he should have left and etc. and not 30 minutes after that PC, the second video comes out of him playing with that girls booty. 

The thing that bothers me is him not flying back with the team. As the “leader” of this team and consistently preaching to “Own It”, you don’t just stay back and tell the rest of the players/coaches to go back to Jax after a crushing loss to the Bengals to go to 0-4. I have never heard of a coach not flying back with the team except Parcells after the SB and he didn’t coach another game for them after that. The man is a fraud.

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

We have been dog**** for the last 10 years. It doesn’t take much to get us excited nowadays.

I was a fan of the hire but it’s quite obvious he isn’t going to work in the NFL.

Yup. It was the first time that the team had genuine interest for the opening. Jags fans were gonna celebrate any big name we brought in because for the first time, we didn’t have to settle for the guy no one else would take & the only guy who wanted our job.

It’s gonna be hilarious if this turns out to be the worst coach hire Shad has made though. Finally gets a wide pool of candidates, and it’s a guy who can’t make it 4 full weeks before the wheels fall off. It’ll really sell the whole “one of 32” idea for next year’s candidates.

• Like 2

Jim Caldwell seems like the kind of "man" this team needs at their leader right now. As some have said same kind of thing Washington is looking for with Ron Rivera, maybe he isn't the guy to get them competing for a championship, but Caldwell could at least change the culture down there and help guide Lawrence for a long successful career

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

@MWil23 He went on to explain how people were trying to get him on the dance floor, he should have left and etc. and not 30 minutes after that PC, the second video comes out of him playing with that girls booty. 

As if you couldn't infer that from his hands placement (plural intended), yes.

12 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

The thing that bothers me is him not flying back with the team. As the “leader” of this team and consistently preaching to “Own It”, you don’t just stay back and tell the rest of the players/coaches to go back to Jax after a crushing loss to the Bengals to go to 0-4. I have never heard of a coach not flying back with the team except Parcells after the SB and he didn’t coach another game for them after that. The man is a fraud.

Allowable reasons to not fly back with the team:

*Medical emergency/real family emergency

*Death of a loved one

*Termination (See: Lane Kiffin after getting fired from USC. Still hilarious)

• Like 1