the Jaguars should fire Urban Meyer immediately

Apparition

Honestly, the stuff from the team that Silver is reporting is the straw that would have broken the camels back for me. It doesn't seem like he has the locker room at all. 

He's 4 games into his NFL career and he's already done this, the Chris Doyle hire and had a couple of different reports of him ostensibly being mocked by his own players. Feel like we can just put this to bed. Give him the year I guess and recycle. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Just take the L, guy. Y’all were a mess this off-season and wrong. Most of us were wrong about Herbert (including me) and now his is the only NFL jersey I own .

What L am I taking, guy?

3 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Urban trying hard to get fired, keep the money, go back to college(USC), win, be forgiven, have health “issues”, get a TV gig, get the itch, take the inevitable Texas job opening, bring in Tebow, win a Natty, have health “issues”, repeat

Man buddy didn’t need to go this far to do the above lol.

The man who writes the checks in Jacksonville isn’t happy with Jaguars coach Urban Meyer. The men who do the on-field heavy lifting apparently aren’t, either.

Mike Silver, who shifted earlier this year from NFL Network to the Washington Football Team, has posted an intriguing thread on Twitter regarding the Meyer situation.

“The Urban Meyer situation in Jacksonville has reached a crisis point, especially in the locker room,” Silver writes. “One player told me, ‘He has zero credibility in that stadium. He had very little to begin with.'”

Silver adds that players were “particularly put off” by the cancellation of a Monday team meeting. “He was too scared,” an unnamed player told Silver.

Meyer reportedly “apologized to position groups individually,” and he claimed that the woman in the videos that surfaced was “just there dancing.” Silver says the audience was “highly skeptical.”

“We looked at him like, WTF?” an unnamed player told Silver. “Right when he left everyone started dying laughing. And he knew it.”

‘It’s bad,” the unnamed player told Silver. “I don’t know how he’s gonna function.”

This supports our theory that owner Shad Khan opted for a strong statement over a pink slip, because a resignation could be coming, if/when Meyer realizes that it will be impossible for him to lead, to teach, to inspire.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/10/05/report-urban-meyer-has-a-crisis-in-the-locker-room/

• Like 4

1 hour ago, pwny said:

Let me know when you find the “quite a few Jaguars fans who were pretty combative”. 

Maybe it was the thread where Meyer hired the racist coach instead. Or the one where he picked up Tebow. Idk.

Still plenty of hilarious victory lapping in this one, though, which is always funny regardless.

Edited by Ray Reed

This is the biggest clustermix I've witnessed from a first year head coach. Holy cow. I don't care much about the 0-4 start. My team is 1-3 and I'm nowhere near pressing a long-term panic button. It happens. But even before this past Thursday night, I've been laughing at his constant terrified demeanor. The Alabama comments, the everpresent petrified look on the sidelines, commentators pointing out before games that he's not transitioning well mentally... it's rough.

I'm more of a CFB guy, so I'm use to Urban being great. I thought he'd do well, but I don't see any hope here.

2 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Maybe it was the thread where Meyer hired the racist coach instead. Or the one where he picked up Tebow. Idk.

Still plenty of hilarious victory lapping in this one, though, which is always funny regardless.

Tebow brings his own circus. Can't judge the fanbase on that. 

And if you're a fan of a stable NFL team, you don't really get it. I remember when the Rams hired Josh McDaniels, it's human nature to discount the odds of a disaster, and it takes being slapped in the face with incompetence to remind you.

Jags fans who are digging in at this point have lost it, but expecting a full on revolt from a desperate fanbase when a celebrity hire comes in isn't realistic IMO.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

If I had to guess, this is what I think keeps him around. The Jags looked at his contract, wanted to see if maybe they could void it for cause and when it was determined that they probably couldn't and would be on the hook, decided to stick with him. I know Khan has a crapton of money, but rich guys still care about that much coin. 

• Like 1