the Jaguars should fire Urban Meyer immediately

Apparition

4 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Tebow brings his own circus. Can't judge the fanbase on that. 

And if you're a fan of a stable NFL team, you don't really get it. I remember when the Rams hired Josh McDaniels, it's human nature to discount the odds of a disaster, and it takes being slapped in the face with incompetence to remind you.

Jags fans who are digging in at this point have lost it, but expecting a full on revolt from a desperate fanbase when a celebrity hire comes in isn't realistic IMO.

Pretty much. Like I mentioned earlier in this thread, this team just doesn’t get good opportunities for head coaches. We are always taking cast offs and guys who view us as their only opportunity to get a job. This was the first time that there was buzz around this hire and that guys were actually willing to interview with us. And we ended up hiring a big name that was talked about through media as the most exciting potential name over the last two years, as rumors swirled about him making the jump.

I mean in that thread about his hiring, I literally said something to the effect of “I don’t care [about all the concerns], I’m just going to take this time to be excited that we didn’t have to settle for someone who no one else wanted.” It’s pretty obvious why Jags fans were excited. Painting it as something else is just trying to dunk on a fan base when they’re down for no reason.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

confirms what I said earlier. No way anyone on that team respects him. Feel bad for Jags fans, they'll never have a team with a chance at anything worth celebrating until there's new ownership.

Just mind-numbing you'd keep a HC around after this. It's stupid business to look at a few million saved when the trade-off is a roster full of players (including the golden boy) who are laughing at the entire leadership structure.

28 minutes ago, pwny said:

Pretty much. Like I mentioned earlier in this thread, this team just doesn’t get good opportunities for head coaches. We are always taking cast offs and guys who view us as their only opportunity to get a job. This was the first time that there was buzz around this hire and that guys were actually willing to interview with us. And we ended up hiring a big name that was talked about through media as the most exciting potential name over the last two years, as rumors swirled about him making the jump.

I mean in that thread about his hiring, I literally said something to the effect of “I don’t care [about all the concerns], I’m just going to take this time to be excited that we didn’t have to settle for someone who no one else wanted.” It’s pretty obvious why Jags fans were excited. Painting it as something else is just trying to dunk on a fan base when they’re down for no reason.

With Lawrence entering year two, there will still be interested parties.

Meyer's greatest mistake was apologizing and making this a bigger deal publicly than it had to be. Should have just said it's private business and left it at that. I don't think he needed to address anything with his players, but the way he did it sounds especially embarrassing.

2 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

With Lawrence entering year two, there will still be interested parties.

Meyer's greatest mistake was apologizing and making this a bigger deal publicly than it had to be. Should have just said it's private business and left it at that. I don't think he needed to address anything with his players, but the way he did it sounds especially embarrassing.

The only respectable move would have been to actually take ownership of the gross behavior FULLY. Both publicly and especially privately to the team.

Short of that, not a single soul will respect him. Not that any did previously, but definitely won't after this, either.

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

It's always the same dudes with these takes. I need a nap.

I feel like I'm watching the FF equivalent to the Wizards Jordan here. A case by case determination of who is worthy of his former greatness

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I know that 10 minutes ago I was on the "Let's not dunk on the Jaguars and their fanbase for no reason" train, but let's all read this, nod, and smirk here for a second.

You're right. And I am sorry the Jags fans here take the brunt for that, because they're good people who can't help who their organization hired (kinda like us Washington fans to be fair). But just about everyone knew this was going to happen, and it only took 4 WEEKS INTO THE REGULAR SEASON for Urban Liar to come out in full force.