the Jaguars should fire Urban Meyer immediately

Apparition

1 minute ago, pwny said:

And even if you think he was being “set up” — but again, he absolutely was not — here’s the thing.

He literally told Trevor when Trevor was going to Vegas for his bachelor party to not put himself in any situation like this. Literally told him to keep it small, stay sober enough that Trevor can keep your wits about him so that he didn’t end up with a tabloid photo taken out of context.

How can you do Leader of Men, Accountability, and all those other cliches required for football if you can’t even take your own advice?

If you can’t do, teach.

2 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Possibly. But staying home for family is one thing. When they found out he was at a bar playing with 20 somethings, well…..

Yeah. I get that. My post was about the people saying that they don’t care about all the bar stuff, but that the real offense was him not riding home with the team and trying to push the narrative that him spending the weekend at his old hometown somehow shows a lack of dedication. No one cared about that prior to the videos coming out, so I genuinely don’t understand why it’s suddenly indicative of something now. 

14 minutes ago, DutchFalcon said:

Can someone explain to me what on earth goes on during those flights that it's that super critical that the coach is on them? I'd venture that most players and coaches are tired after a game and just want to sleep, atleast that's my preferred way to pass time during a flight.

I guess you could hold a meeting but a flight doesn't seem to me to be the best place for that since with players + coaches you're looking at what, 80 people? Or do all NFL players have ADD and are big babies so they need to coach to be a caretaker during the flight to stop them from doing dumb or upsetting people?

I get there might be a symbolism of leaving together and coming home together but this should hardly be grounds for firing someone.

With regards to the woman thing, dude is named Urban. Ofcourse he's going to do some Urban exploring. Big deal.

He's the coach. He's supposed to be their leader. He's supposed to be a professional. He's supposed to be irked at being 0-4. It's supposed to be "his" team, "his" locker room, and the message this sends is what you would expect of someone working a part time job and not otherwise caring. It's optics. And with everything else going on with the team, it's optics behind the curtain. And it very obviously wasn't run by the boss first. 

I wouldn't. I'd hold it before getting on the flight or after landing. But I'd be sending the message to my team that nobody is cutting corners, and this is a team, and nobody is flying back separately absent extenuating circumstances. "Well, that sucked. You guys enjoy that cramped flight. I'ma go poke some blinking buckeyes." doesn't do that. 

That 3rd point is key. A lot of it is symbolism. But Urban Meyer isn't a rookie at coaching. He has to know there were already massive issues stemming from his job performance. He either doesn't care or is too incompetent to notice. That's where firing comes into play. This being the only incident? Who cares. The aggregate of it all? That's worthy of someone caring. 

As for Urban exploration, have at it. But when there's Urban decay on the team and in your performance, I want some Urban revitalizing going on ASAP. 

• Like 9

19 minutes ago, pwny said:

You can’t be “set up” to physically grab someone on your own volition. That is literally not a thing that can happen.

His medical conditions don‘t come with spontaneous seizures that make him grab women.

Deshaun Watson has a new defense if that could carry water....

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, pwny said:

Yeah. I get that. My post was about the people saying that they don’t care about all the bar stuff, but that the real offense was him not riding home with the team and trying to push the narrative that him spending the weekend at his old hometown somehow shows a lack of dedication. No one cared about that prior to the videos coming out, so I genuinely don’t understand why it’s suddenly indicative of something now. 

I didn't know he chose to not fly home with the team on Thursday night but had I known that I would have questioned it a little at least. Now maybe not to level I am currently but add everything up and it just makes that decision look a lot worse

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, pwny said:

No one KNEW about it to make an indictment about it. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Apparition said:

if I were the type of person to make it my business to do something like that, the head coach of the Jacksonville Jaguars wouldn't be in the top 1000 on my list of potential targets.

You started a thread about how he should be fired before this incident even happened. He’d probably be your one and only. 

Not for nothing but if you did want to do that. Starting the conversation of firing him before the incident would be the smart move. Get people thinking about it so when it does happen it feels like just the latest thing.

1 minute ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

You started a thread about how he should be fired before this incident even happened. He’d probably be your one and only. 

Not for nothing but if you did want to do that. Starting the conversation of firing him before the incident would be the smart move. Get people thinking about it so when it does happen it feels like just the latest thing.

I'm just trying to vibe, man. What is this?

1 hour ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Don’t force your morals on me! But absolutely fire a guy for trying to get some strange.

And Khan like the jellyfish he is bows down to the mob.

We get it. You’re fine with what he did from a morale stand point. You can take a breather.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

No one KNEW about it to make an indictment about it. 

It was tweeted out a couple times by both local and national media members. It was mentioned the night of Thursday, but the story gained absolutely zero traction. How come? Surely if it was such a grave offense by itself, it would have been talked about somewhere before today. So why did it get cast aside when it happened if the bar incident isn’t the actual issue with this?

On 9/27/2021 at 3:13 PM, JiffyJag said:

I mean look, I'm sure there are indeed some people calling for Saleh to be fired, just as there are people calling for Meyer to be fired after 3 games, because there are plenty of dumb people with access to a computer. It doesn't take any real qualifications to make a thread on here or, say, facebook and say whatever kneejerk nonsense you want, as evidenced by this thread.

To your second point, what exactly was your expectation? Did you think that Meyer was such a transcendentally good coach that he was going to immediately come in and fix literally a historically bad team last year into a juggernaut year 1? Were the Jags not expected to be one of the worst teams in the NFL again, simply due to having an awful roster and being in phase 1 of a rebuild? 

Honestly, I don't understand. There are plenty of criticisms to have of Meyer and some of the moves this regime has made thus far, but it's just funny that the narrative before we hire a coach is "The Jaguars are, yet again, a dumpster fire coming off of 15 straight losses and a gutting of their roster. Any coach that goes there is going to have to be in it for the long haul, because 1 talented QB isn't going to turn this team into a contender. It has to be a full rebuild." And then 3 games, not even 1/5th of one season into the rebuild, people are unironically calling for the HC to be fired because they've lost their first 3 games, despite being surprisingly competitive in 2 of the games and showing progress week to week.

I realize that there really isn't any point in me typing up an actual, thought out response to this thread, which is clearly not a serious thread and largely just a trolling effort, but jeeeeez it seems like the standards for discussion get lower every year. 

Well, I genuinely didn't see this at the time and it feels super Captain Hindsight now, but uh, my expectation was that he actually try to work with the talent already on the roster instead of get rid of it, give his No. 1 overall pick and generational talent QB all the first-team snaps instead of making him have a sham competition with a player who didn't make it to Week 1, and maybe look like he knows what he's doing. No one, absolutely no one, expected the Jaguars to suddenly be a Super Bowl contender. Or a winning team. Or even really close to .500.

Also, you didn't answer my question. Which kinda feels like a moot point now.

4 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Hot take:

Urban actually hates coaching in the NFL and JAX so much that he's TRYING to get fired. He gets to keep the cash and is free to pursue the USC coaching job. It's the professional equivalent of being such a terrible significant other that you get the other person to break up with you.

I mean, obviously, right? He clearly hasn't wanted the job since preseason came around and he realized he actually had to coach instead of just throw 20 of the country's best athletes on the field for forty minutes and then give 20 more of the country's best athletes some playing time once they built a 30 point lead.

• Like 2

Hey guys,

I'm going to unlock this after chatting with a few of you - I think there is a conversation to be had about the football aspect of this situation, but I don't care to read about your thoughts on the actual activities that led to this situation.

If you cannot separate the activities from the situation, don't post.

I'll repeat that again, for emphasis:

Thanks!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Hey guys,

I'm going to unlock this after chatting with a few of you - I think there is a conversation to be had about the football aspect of this situation, but I don't care to read about your thoughts on the actual activities that led to this situation.

I'll repeat that again, for emphasis:

Thanks!

This is a just and fair ruling ET. 

5phqw7.jpg

In all seriousness, I'm not sure how Urban recovers from the fallout from NOT flying back with the team and then engaging in this behavior.

• Like 3

This is as bad of a hiring as ive ever seen in the NFL. I think Jags will be fine. I believe in Trevor and they have underrated talent. They will have a nice draft pick and alot of cap. But they need to move on from Urban and get a top coaching prospect for next year.

Can't believe i use to so desperately want Urban to be the coach of the Chargers. What a debacle he has been in the NFL.  I'm done with thinking top college coaches can make it in the NFL.  2 of the best ever in college were debacles in the NFL. 

• Like 1