the Jaguars should fire Urban Meyer immediately

Apparition

I personally don’t think this ends up working, but I also think it’s a bit too early to say this won’t work out when you have a guy like Lawrence in the fold.

I also think Urban the name/just how much hate he gets universally is making this into a much bigger deal than it is. These are grown men working for a paycheck/to stay in the league and I don’t think they’re going to fold up 4 games into a season.

The whole “playing for your coach” doesn’t really jive with my view of how NFL players are wired either. If they go win on Sunday it won’t be because they’re going out there to support the coach, same goes for vice versa.

48 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

This is as bad of a hiring as ive ever seen in the NFL. I think Jags will be fine. I believe in Trevor and they have underrated talent. They will have a nice draft pick and alot of cap. But they need to move on from Urban and get a top coaching prospect for next year.

Can't believe i use to so desperately want Urban to be the coach of the Chargers. What a debacle he has been in the NFL.  I'm done with thinking top college coaches can make it in the NFL.  2 of the best ever in college were debacles in the NFL. 

"WHO COULD HAVE PREDICTED THIS!?" man says about the most predictable thing to ever happen.
(not talking about you specifically here, it's just bizarre to me that anyone thought this was a good hire, knowing Meyer's history)
https://www.thenation.com/article/archive/the-predictable-scandals-of-urban-meyer/

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Blue said:

my expectation was that he actually try to work with the talent already on the roster instead of get rid of it

Which players exactly are you referring to with this?

Gonna be honest, if Trevor Lawrence — who is a consummate leader and would never do something to throw gas on a fire — is making a joke about it to end practice, I am going with this being blown way out of proportion by everyone else. 

3 minutes ago, pwny said:

Gonna be honest, if Trevor Lawrence — who is a consummate leader and would never do something to throw gas on a fire — is making a joke about it to end practice, I am going with this being blown way out of proportion by everyone else. 

I don't understand, what's the joke?

2 minutes ago, Apparition said:

that seems pretty non-specific to me

> coach gets in trouble for a video of him being grinded on
> Trevor ends practice yelling "grind"
> laughter comes from the team, including coaches

That's non-specific to you?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, pwny said:

> coach gets in trouble for a video of him being grinded on
> laughter comes from the team, including coaches

Doesn’t fit the narrative, go away.

• Like 2

Just now, pwny said:

> coach gets in trouble for a video of him being grinned on
> laughter comes from the team including coaches

I'm not seeing or hearing any significant laughter in that video 🤷‍♂️

And also, "grind" is such a ubiquitous football term. I don't know how you can so confidently tie it in with this whole affair. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Apparition said:

I'm not seeing or hearing any significant laughter in that video 🤷‍♂️

And also, "grind" is such a ubiquitous football term. I don't know how you can so confidently tie it in with this whole affair. 

The team full of fully grown men who are millionaires are clearly in shambles over their coaches personal life/marriage, I agree.