the Jaguars should fire Urban Meyer immediately

Apparition

9 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

I think circus is a bit of an exaggeration. You had a deranged sports media make condescending comments all summer because for some reason they despise a guy who travels to the 3rd world to cut cysts out of children and fights human trafficking more than abusers of women and gang members. It wasn’t like 10 years ago when Skip Bayless started every show for a year talking about him.

we all understand your position on the moral compass

now please stick to football so it doesn't get locked again

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Except I literally have only discussed the situation over the weekend in this thread and haven’t once referenced/argued about anything besides that?

I also haven’t once said a player doesn’t care whatsoever about who is coaching them.

But yeah, haha you too

You can’t be this unintentionally dense. 

Your main point in this thread has been that the Jags locker room can’t possibly care about their coach getting caught up in this situation because it’s a non-issue.

That deflection only works if the laundry list of previous Meyer embarrassments/mismanagement’s didn’t already exist. The players live in a world where they’ve already dealt with the racist coach, tebow, draft crap, pressers, game mismanagement etc. things. 

You can downplay this incident all you want but I know you know in the players’/organization’s eyes it’s much more than that. Past behaviors and events influence the perception and reception of current behaviors and events. That’s how life and time moving linearly work lol.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

we all understand your position on the moral compass

now please stick to football so it doesn't get locked again

Pretty sure it got locked over the sex stuff. You’re trying to shut down this conversation because you know the hatred for Tebow is indefensible.

1 minute ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Pretty sure it got locked over the sex stuff. You’re trying to shut down this conversation because you know the hatred for Tebow is indefensible.

I’m a fan of Tebow and what he stands for the guy is a great person. 

My point in bringing up Tebow with the racist coach and all the other stuff I listed was that i’m sure some players on the team were miffed about it...like they were miffed by about a dozen of Meyer’s decisions by now. 

15 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

You can’t be this unintentionally dense. 

Your main point in this thread has been that the Jags locker room can’t possibly care about their coach getting caught up in this situation because it’s a non-issue.

That deflection only works if the laundry list of previous Meyer embarrassments/mismanagement’s didn’t already exist. The players live in a world where they’ve already dealt with the racist coach, tebow, draft crap, pressers, game mismanagement etc. things. 

You can downplay this incident all you want but I know you know in the players’/organization’s eyes it’s much more than that. Past behaviors and events influence the perception and reception of current behaviors and events. That’s how life and time moving linearly work lol.

Guy, all I’ve done is talk about this specific incident. I haven’t talked about Urban as a whole, his overall standing since he’s been here, or anything else.

I came in this thread and stated I don’t believe this experiment ends up working out but that this incident in particular I don’t think is a big deal or that the players care that he was at a bar and got filmed with someone who wasn’t his wife (and in all reality could be something that both him and his wife is ok with) because thats his personal life.

So again, “haha have a good day though”.

Yeah...umm...I truly don't want to be a contributing factor to this thread getting locked (yet again), as I think it's pretty significant that the conversation stays active, I mean, it's an NFL head coach, and all.

I see what happened in that bar as a big deal, but not a HUGE deal. I'm sure a lot of Meyer's players see it that way, too.

That being said, Meyer is human scum and should never have been hired in the first place. In fact, I was flabbergasted that Khan (who I do have a lot of respect for) went there. But...if Meyer can weather this current storm, and get his act together...he IS a very good coach, motivationally and strategically. 

I'll be interested to see how things go down. 

Edited by Heinz D.

This idea that if someone is mad about one thing, they have to be mad about another thing that has no impact on them at all is pretty ridiculous. NGL

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Guy, all I’ve done is talk about this specific incident. I haven’t talked about Urban as a whole, his overall standing since he’s been here, or anything else.

I came in this thread and stated I don’t believe this experiment ends up working out but that this incident in particular I don’t think is a big deal or that the players care that he was at a bar and got filmed with someone who wasn’t his wife (and in all reality could be something that both him and his wife is ok with) because thats his personal life.

So again, “haha have a good day though”.

Uhhhhh, yeah, I know that, i’m telling you why I think that 2nd paragraph is a ridiculous deflection/position to have. But thanks for recapping the convo. 

Urban gets a ton of hate but I think the Jaguars have actually shown progress. Not sure what the expectations for him were this year, the team was 1-15 last season and has a rookie QB. They got whooped week 1 but were competitive against Denver, Arizona, and Cincy the last 3 weeks. 

On a short week on the road vs a good Bengals team they had 0 turnovers, only 2 penalties for 10 yards, and were winning the game in the 4th quarter. 

9 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Uhhhhh, yeah, I know that, i’m telling you why I think that 2nd paragraph is a ridiculous deflection/position to have. But thanks for recapping the convo. 

Do you know that? Because based on your responses I’m still not sure.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Do you know that? Because based on your responses I’m still not sure.

Yeah?

You got your wires crossed somewhere along the way or you’re rattled or something. I understand you believe this event to be a non-issue. You seem to not understand that I strongly disagree with that belief based on Meyer’s track record so far this offseason/season. Either that or you’re trying to turn this into a weird semantics argument to try and muddy up my point or something but either way i’m not interested anymore...I know you gotta get the last word in though for whatever reason so get your last post in.

41 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Yeah?

You got your wires crossed somewhere along the way or you’re rattled or something. I understand you believe this event to be a non-issue. You seem to not understand that I strongly disagree with that belief based on Meyer’s track record so far this offseason/season. Either that or you’re trying to turn this into a weird semantics argument to try and muddy up my point or something but either way i’m not interested anymore...I know you gotta get the last word in though for whatever reason so get your last post in.

My wires aren’t crossed. I came into a thread and posted my opinion on the matter from this weekend (like most people were discussing) and you came in here all hot and bothered as if I was giving an opinion on Urban since his tenure began and feel like they can’t be departmentalized for some reason

Happy days in NFL Gen as always.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Urban gets a ton of hate but I think the Jaguars have actually shown progress. Not sure what the expectations for him were this year, the team was 1-15 last season and has a rookie QB. They got whooped week 1 but were competitive against Denver, Arizona, and Cincy the last 3 weeks. 

On a short week on the road vs a good Bengals team they had 0 turnovers, only 2 penalties for 10 yards, and were winning the game in the 4th quarter. 

I will give Urban Meyer a TON of hate, as an individual, until he retires from the league.

But everything you posted there is absolutely correct. He has the Jaguars pointed in the right direction. I don't know how anyone could possibly argue otherwise. 

• Like 2

This thread is boring now so I’m going to spice it up with a fun new take that no one has said yet:

I think the team actually respects Urban more now because they see that he’s actually a badass dirty dog that doesn’t play by the rules of traditional marriage. Who needs a player’s coach when you have a coach that’s a player? 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Except Robinson is being used like a rb1.  Ettiene was likely gonna split time between RB and slot wr

He had 5 carries in a Week 1 game where they were down 10 points going into the final minute of the first half. Hyde had 3 carries to Robinson's 2 in the first three drives of that game. Robinson had nearly as many tackles as touches in the first half (go back and check the play logs).

Believing Etienne was going to spend any significant time in the slot with Laviska Shenault, DJ Chark, and Marvin Jones already on the roster is incredible.

Edited by Blue