KJ Hamler tears ACL; Out for season

bMiller031

6 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

😭😭😭

Absolutely brutal. I'd be stunned if we don't bring someone in. I just don't think the trust is there with the young PS guys.

John Brown, maybe? Ugh. 

Brown has sickle cell trait.  No go with our altitude.  

Ugh all around.    Jeudy, hope he can return in 4-5 weeks.   The problem is our schedule is going to expose our lack of WR diversity a ton.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

Saw an article proposing three names I liked, 1) trade for Denzel Mims 2) sign John Hightower off Eagles PS or 3) trade for Andy Isabel from the Cardinals.

Andy Isabella looked uncoverable in the slot coming out of college. Unfortunate that Arizona hasn't figured out a way to utilize him, but I wouldn't have an issue taking a flyer on the guy.

• Like 1

David Moore is a tremendous pickup for a PS guy. If he plays well he might be able to replace Patrick for a few years as our WR4 since Tim will get $$$ this offseason. 

Also, god no on any draft capital for Mims. I know NYJ is a cluster and their staff blows but to be a game-day scratch on a team so devoid of skill position talent is a red flag as big as the moon. 

2 hours ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

David Moore is a tremendous pickup for a PS guy. If he plays well he might be able to replace Patrick for a few years as our WR4 since Tim will get $$$ this offseason. 

Also, god no on any draft capital for Mims. I know NYJ is a cluster and their staff blows but to be a game-day scratch on a team so devoid of skill position talent is a red flag as big as the moon. 

Re: Mims, there's major context.    He missed all of OTA's because of food poisoning - dropped 25 lbs (on a 200 lb guy).    He started late, and the Jets have made him inactive since he's catching up to the route tree.   This isn't a guy who hasn't had any success, he actually showed well in the 2H last year, once he got over the hammy injuries.     Frankly, the decision to make him inactive may be one of the worst decisions that coaching staff has made, and there are a TON right now.    Given OC Mike Lafleur and WR coach Miles Austin have no real prior experience (and Austin wasn't a great technician) - I'd be more worried about whether that crew is over its head right now.   The OL is playing 10x worse than last year (when they were actually decent in the 2H), they've been playing Michael Carter for less than 50 percent of the snaps even though he's by far their best RB (and they've been in pass-friendly game script to leverage his skills), and their schemes look so vanilla.

Mims' success last year with a terrible coaching staff and O, I'd definitely be intrigued - at the right price.    No way you spend a Day 2 pick on him, but a conditional 5th, sure.     If the Jets are trying to get a Day 2 pick, sure, easy pass.

The problem with the Moores, and even Patrick - they all add the same profile of WR.   They aren't big ADOT, vertical stretchers (Hamler) or threats at multiple levels (Jeudy) - which is what we lack.   No problem with the signing, Moore's a vet pro, but scheme-wise we're going to be very predictable, if one of the young guys can't show something special (which to be fair, isn't at all what they're projecting right now).

The silver lining is that Jeudy is eventually coming back - still can't believe it's "only" a HAS (although a bad HAS, even if it's grade 2 <non-surgical>, can affect him for ROS).  Until he comes back, we're going to be really a lot easier to defend.  Ugh.

• Like 1