Short documentary chronicling the Browns from 1999-2012

TecmoSuperJoe

Found this randomly. Was surprised at how much older footage it had in it. Probably depressing to see if you're a Browns fan, but I was just thinking that even though they have been terrible since their return to the NFL, they have had two winning seasons. The same as Buffalo since that time span. No one seems to dump on Buffalo as much though.

I completely forgot about that incident where Couch was booed while he was hurt on the field. Also that Winslow injured himself in a motorcycle accident. Or that LeCharles Bentley ended his career during his very first practice in Browns training camp. 

Just now, PapaShogun said:

I mean I guess it's going to be funny to some people. Since it does just focus on the mountain of sadness that has been Cleveland football in recent history. 

Just making a stupid joke. As a Rams fan who have been mediocre for so long I feel Browns fans pain. Seems like an interesting watch. I'll check it out.

Some of that is shambolic, like the owner's comments after the fan eruption and Brown assaulting a ref, Rudd's brainfart; all of that is a lack of leadership IMO. A lot of it is also bad luck. How can you plan for key injuries or touted draft picks turning into busts etc? Genuinely feel for the fans, but also admire their loyalty. 

Tim Couch about to break out into tears is really sad. Imagine playing for your hometown team, things not going the way you want to despite trying your best. Then the home crowd cheers you off the field when you get hurt. Reminds me of Eric Winston's rant from a few years ago.

49 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Tim Couch about to break out into tears is really sad. Imagine playing for your hometown team, things not going the way you want to despite trying your best. Then the home crowd cheers you off the field when you get hurt. Reminds me of Eric Winston's rant from a few years ago.

Hear hear. 

Archived