• NudeTayne use his mod powers for good
    • no more poll options
    • more pole options ;)
    • Natedawgs life matters
    • Mwill have a smile on his dial
    • LGBTQ+ score a 2nd victory over cheddar
    • multiple turnovers and solid defense

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/03/2021 at 05:12 PM

6 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Baker is one of the least of my concerns. He hasn’t lost us a game in a long time. I’m much more worried about the defense and the OL to certain extent. 

I think the defense is bad, so he will have to have more than a good game for us to win. 

He missed a ton of big throws, is that due to injury of his left shoulder?

4 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

I think the defense is bad, so he will have to have more than a good game for us to win. 

He missed a ton of big throws, is that due to injury of his left shoulder?

Lol “a ton”?  Like, 2.

he missed the throw to Felton because his feet were all over the place.  It happens.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Lol “a ton”?  Like, 2.

he missed the throw to Felton because his feet were all over the place.  It happens.

25 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

The Felton and Bryant throws were the only ones that were off. Everything else looked ok. 

Misses are going to happen.

Baker's made his fair share of big time throws this year and been very accurate as well, but against Kansas City and the Bears he's had 4 really bad wide open target misses in total.

To be fair though, this offensive scheme is historically a high completion % scheme due to the giving the QB frequent layups and clear passing lanes via play action. Most quality QBs in this scheme are toward the top end of completion %.

So, what matters is not really the amount of misses per se but when the misses happen (i.e., were they critical moments in the game or on critical downs) and how they happened (i.e., Was the receiver wide open or open for a more routine completions)

Baker's biggest misses on the season were against Kansas City before the shoulder injury on the 3rd to last and 2nd to last critical drives in the 4th Quarter where he missed a wide open David Njoku on the sideline comeback route by shorting the ball in the dirt and then threw a bad ball hanging inside to Anthony Schwartz when he had a relatively routine easier ball placement to the sideline with a lot of space.

He's missed 4 balls badly to wide open targets this year to David Njoku, Anthony Schwartz, Demetric Felton, and Harrison Bryant. Other misses are  part of the game due to a wide variety of factors. He's also taken some bad sacks.

As long as he's starts to hit some of those throws and last year's Jets game wide open misses and what we've seen thus far this year in terms of wide open misses don't become a thing, Baker's still on the right progression path.

At some point though, he has to take the next step.

Edited by Empire Lies

27 minutes ago, Empire Lies said:

Misses are going to happen.

Baker's made his fair share of big time throws this year and been very accurate as well, but against Kansas City and the Bears he's had 4 really bad wide open target misses in total.

To be fair though, this offensive scheme is historically a high completion % scheme due to the giving the QB frequent layups and clear passing lanes via play action. Most quality QBs in this scheme are toward the top end of completion %.

So, what matters is not really the amount of misses per se but when the misses happen (i.e., were they critical moments in the game or on critical downs) and how they happened (i.e., Was the receiver wide open or open for a more routine completions)

Baker's biggest misses on the season were against Kansas City before the shoulder injury on the 3rd to last and 2nd to last critical drives in the 4th Quarter where he missed a wide open David Njoku on the sideline comeback route by shorting the ball in the dirt and then threw a bad ball hanging inside to Anthony Schwartz when he had a relatively routine easier ball placement to the sideline with a lot of space.

He's missed 4 balls badly to wide open targets this year to David Njoku, Anthony Schwartz, Demetric Felton, and Harrison Bryant. Other misses are  part of the game due to a wide variety of factors. He's also taken some bad sacks.

As long as he's starts to hit some of those throws and last year's Jets game wide open misses and what we've seen thus far this year in terms of wide open misses don't become a thing, Baker's still on the right progression path.

At some point though, he has to take the next step.

Derp

• Like 1

IMHO this is a key and pivotal game for the defense.  They have had 8 weeks to learn the system,  learn their responsibilities, and learn to play as a team no matter who is playing.  On the one hand, they had their way with the Bears.  On the other hand, mobile QB’s who got loose in the backfield moved the ball at will.  Bottom line is D line must pressure and contain the QB-Cousins.  D backs/CB’s must contain quality WR’s like Jefferson and Thielen.  safeties and LB’s must contain WR and RB as well as sound tackling.  I believe Woods knows what he is doing but has a limited capacity to adjust or make changes during the game.  This is key to Browns holding Vikings to 21 points.  I am confident in our offense to score 30.

On paper a easy game to win.

Browns all pros on all 3 levels of defense

Minnesota 28th on yards surrendered per run Chubb and Hunt may go for 300 yards and score 40 points.

Cincinnati only allowed these guys 25 points whole we averaged 40 against them Cleveland rolls.

Jok has huge game unloading against 5 yard crossing routes

Ward gets a pick 6 on a out route. 

You guys by far have the most fun forum in all of FF. Even when your team was awful you guys still seemed to have a lot of fun around here. I'm had glad things have finally turned around for the Browns and Stefanski is leading the way.

While I don't expect the Vikings to win, I think this one will be very competitive. Our defense is light years behind the offense and Zimmer might be on his last year as a Head Coach. Maybe things start clicking but I'm not super confident in this one.

Anyways, good luck for this one and the rest of the season!

• Like 6

52 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

You guys by far have the most fun forum in all of FF. Even when your team was awful you guys still seemed to have a lot of fun around here. I'm had glad things have finally turned around for the Browns and Stefanski is leading the way.

Awkward GIF by Channel 7

While I don't expect the Vikings to win, I think this one will be very competitive. Our defense is light years behind the offense and Zimmer might be on his last year as a Head Coach. Maybe things start clicking but I'm not super confident in this one.

I think it’s gonna be close.  Your offense is good and our defense is unproven.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Thank you all good things in life to you

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

While I don't expect the Vikings to win, I think this one will be very competitive. Our defense is light years behind the offense

Same with Cleveland. Our stats look great due to 40 something total yards in the bears game but if we played the Seahawks, Bengals and Cardinals I don't think our defense would be any better than the Vikings.

We do have a lot of new parts on D so maybe they are getting better but that is unknown. We tend to not rush more than 4 and play soft coverage so Cousins will have a fun day unless we play a little more like we did against the Bears and put a little pressure on him.

• Like 1