Who can/should we target by trade deadline TRADE THREAD!

resilient part 2

At 6-1, firmly in control of the division, a playoff game or two seems like a forgone conclusion. 

When pondering trades should we prioritize stock piling picks for the future or ask what our future picks could do for us now?

Perhaps there is a player available at an impact position that would help put us over the top in the playoffs.

Edited by DaBoys

1 minute ago, DaBoys said:

At 6-1, firmly in control of the division, a playoff game or two seems like a forgone conclusion. 

When pondering trades should we prioritize stock piling picks for the future or asking what our future picks could do for us now?

Perhaps there is a player available at an impact position that would help put us over the top in the playoffs.

The challenge with either decision boils down to disrupting continuity. Much of our success this season has been continuity. Guys know their roles and are starting to gel as a unit. Adding new guys or subtracting existing guys disrupts that, and there’s risk to that. How much risk? I don’t know. But it’s something to consider.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, textaz03 said:

I would definitely like to see some sort of a move, deadline is tomorrow I believe.

Why? Is this just a change for change reasons or is there someone you absolutely want to go get?

I was thinking about it during my road trip. I dont know of anyone thats available that would actually make our team better. Making a trade right now just seems like a fan driven thing because fans always want trades. 

1 hour ago, plan9misfit said:

The challenge with either decision boils down to disrupting continuity. Much of our success this season has been continuity. Guys know their roles and are starting to gel as a unit. Adding new guys or subtracting existing guys disrupts that, and there’s risk to that. How much risk? I don’t know. But it’s something to consider.

I should have read down before commenting. This exactly what I am thinking. We are arguably the best team in football and fans dont know what the hell to do with their hands, which is why so many of us are begging for trades. Its plaguing me too. I keep thinking "man we are so good, one more player and we are great!" - - - But thats not how real life/football works. Adding a player could just as easily mess up our chemistry. 

3 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Ingram is really the only person I'd be interested in bringing in as we need additional pass-rush help. And with Cox out for the year I expect that means Parsons will be LBer more often now.

I agree with this. Even when Tank comes back, would be nice to have a reliable 3rd pass rusher.

I won’t be upset if we don’t make a move. But that’s the one spot that seems to make sense.

2 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I agree with this. Even when Tank comes back, would be nice to have a reliable 3rd pass rusher.

I won’t be upset if we don’t make a move. But that’s the one spot that seems to make sense.

How much did LA give for Von... seems like that wouldn’t have been a bad idea if no 1sts were involved for a 6-1 team

Edited by DaBoys