Who can/should we target by trade deadline TRADE THREAD!

resilient part 2

On 10/2/2021 at 11:01 AM, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Keeping Gallup does not hinge on whether we can trade Zeke or not.

Agreed, but rb is one of the easiest places to replace with someone cheap.   I'm ok with franchising Gallup to keep him one more year, then look at moving Amari after 2022. 

11 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Anyone who doesn't think that we may have a SB chance this year is suffering with PTSD from previous years. 

With that said, we should really "consider" being "aggressive" at getting that 1 or 2 players before the trade deadline. Not saying over pay, but damn, we are so dang good right now.

Never hurts to test the waters and see whats out there. 

2 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Anyone who doesn't think that we may have a SB chance this year is suffering with PTSD from previous years. 

With that said, we should really "consider" being "aggressive" at getting that 1 or 2 players before the trade deadline. Not saying over pay, but damn, we are so dang good right now.

Long season my friend with an extra game this season. Offense is back to its best with offense line playing well again as there healthy. Defense is making plays but I feel they will have to improve especially at defense tackle. Will see if Gallimore can give them a boost there. Don’t really see a trade happening. I’d like to get Williams from jets but he will be expensive 

28 minutes ago, cromagnum said:

Long season my friend with an extra game this season. Offense is back to its best with offense line playing well again as there healthy. Defense is making plays but I feel they will have to improve especially at defense tackle. Will see if Gallimore can give them a boost there. Don’t really see a trade happening. I’d like to get Williams from jets but he will be expensive 

Again it doesn't have to be a Mega trade like Williams. Just a solid pickup that is a clear upgrade at a position that needs it. Which according to most may be CB and Center. 

8 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Again it doesn't have to be a Mega trade like Williams. Just a solid pickup that is a clear upgrade at a position that needs it. Which according to most may be CB and Center. 

There not trading for either cb or center. If Tyler continue to struggle I think you will see McGovern there as he’s been taking reps at center. Brown is a liability at corner but they got Joseph coming back soon. Maybe he can push brown out of that starting spot.

11 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

I don’t think we’ll make a move for a Center. If we address the position, it’ll be in the draft.

3 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

I don’t think we’ll make a move for a Center. If we address the position, it’ll be in the draft.

so what you are saying is that we should stand Pat? and/or will stand pat??

I don't want to force anything for the sake of "making a trade" but damn, we might end up getting so damn close to the ever Elusive SB and the idea of anything "Next year" feels like we/Dallas is content not to Rock the Boat..

4 hours ago, cromagnum said:

There not trading for either cb or center. If Tyler continue to struggle I think you will see McGovern there as he’s been taking reps at center. Brown is a liability at corner but they got Joseph coming back soon. Maybe he can push brown out of that starting spot.

Without reviewing the game film, I venture to guess that T B is doing a good job as a run-blocker, but I absolutely want Dallas to try McGovern. Maybe he won't be better, but maybe he will. My guess the latter. Being good isn't good enough, if we can be better. Same for A Brown.

11 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

They might address it in the form of Connor McGovern before too long.

That’s what I think, too. I’d be hard pressed to believe that we’d trade for a Center given the fact that there are so few quality Centers in the NFL to begin with, and none of them would be available for a trade.