Week 4 GDT: Raiders (3-0) vs. Chargers (2-1)

SBXISBXVSBXVIII

This is an interesting one because in my original predictions I have them pegged  the chargers they'll be the Raiders first lost. I think we can win if Josh Jacobs plays. Something tells me that Gus Bradley has something for Herbert having coached against him at practice.

That being said I know I've said before that this would be like the game that if the Raiders beat them then it's like OK they've turned the corner but actually imo if they're able to win this game and then beat the Bears also on a short week after such a big emotional and then I can honestly say I feel comfortable with saying they've turned the corner. But that's just me

Chargers are really poor against the run extremely bad tbh. Think this is a game where Jacobs has to come back for. They’re last in the NFL in yards given up rushing and the 3 teams they played are not good rushing teams. Carr has been slinging that pill around but this is a Josh Jacobs game if he plays. He has to see 20 carry’s and some other RB has to chip in 10 plus as well. 

This is really the first real test for the secondary. Herbert has been really good and while I don’t expect them to shut the Chargers down. They’re gonna give up yards just don’t give up the chunk plays and bend but don’t break. 

Big game for the Raiders if they lose I don’t think you can say it’s the same ol Raiders, but this is a game if they win makes them legit contenders for the AFC West title. Getting this would change the medias thought on the team 

Edited by agarcia34
  • Like 2

I don't think if the Raiders lose this game, at least if they are competitive, that it's fair to say same old Raiders. There's only what, 4 unbeaten teams at this point. And possibly less by the end of next weeks games obviously. Starting off 3-0 regardless of opponent or circumstance isn't something you totally luck into. 

A team losing a division game, on the road (even if technically it won't feel that way in all likelihood) isn't a same old Raiders type thing. That's a same old can happen to any team in the league. Division games are always weird, usually competitive, and you can throw records and past performances out the window. 

If Jacobs plays, I agree, this is a game that is begging for him to take it over. The Chargers can be ran on, and controlling T.O.P. and keeping Herbert and that offense off the field with as few possessions as possible will go a long way towards winning the game. Any news on Jacobs and if he is likely to go?

Ultimately, for as much as we may question the Raiders ability to show up and win a big game after having success in the previous week(s) the Chargers are just as susceptible to dropping the ball in the same way. After an emotional, big win, on the road in Arrowhead, this is a game that has the possibility of them coming out a little flat or not look their best. With a new coaching staff it will be interesting to see if they can avoid the team having those games like previous staffs have there.

If Jacobs plays, and the defense can even be in the same ballpark as it has been against the best passing offense we have seen this season, and the OL can keep Bosa from ruining the game, I like the Raiders to win a wild game that comes down to the final possession. I think our DBs strengths and weaknesses match up pretty well against their very talented receivers, and I don't think our scheme is going to allow Ekler on a bunch of cheap stuff be what kills us. Ultimately the Raiders control the ball, establish a decently successful run game, doesn't give up a bunch of huge plays defensively and Carr delivers with their final possession to get us in range for the GW FG late. 

Raiders 30

Chargers 28

we win this game and have a 2 game lead on both KC and the Chargers, huge game for us. 

Hopefully Jacobs can come back strong this week, if not we ride Barber. Interesting to see the RB situation play out when Jacobs and Richard come back. Pass pro is huge, especially in Gruden's offense. Drake just got benched and Richard is great in that regard. Would suck to see another high dollar player riding pine.