Week 4 GDT: Raiders (3-0) vs. Chargers (2-1)

SBXISBXVSBXVIII

2 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

The things I do feel really good about in this game

1. Them getting up for a divisional match up. they were 4-2 in the division last game(And both of those losses came down to the wire)

2. A lot of ex-chargers playing in this one

I feel like we can exploit the knowledge of the players we currently have on our team.  Use them to give us some insider secrets maybe.  I think the stadium is about go painted in silver and black too.  Even though we just went 3-0, I feel like every week is a prove it week and we need to prove our first 3 wins aren't a fluke.  Beating LAC will just continue to prove we are legit.

57 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I feel like we can exploit the knowledge of the players we currently have on our team.  Use them to give us some insider secrets maybe.  I think the stadium is about go painted in silver and black too.  Even though we just went 3-0, I feel like every week is a prove it week and we need to prove our first 3 wins aren't a fluke.  Beating LAC will just continue to prove we are legit.

It will but at the same time for me personally the one that'll do it for me is if we're able to beat them and then beat the Bears after we become all hyped up as the number one team in the division. We beat the Chargers, the Bears game is the typical type of game that we would lose.

After that though I will have completely bought in

7 hours ago, Geezy said:

Statement Game!

We start 4-0 vs 4 teams with legit playoff expectations before the year puts the whole league on notice. We win this and were a legit threat in the AFC. 

Good point. I'd go farther. We win against these 4 teams, we should be considered one of the top teams in the AFC. Some are putting us there already (ESPN put us 5th overall), but I think we need to keep winning first. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

I think this, plus Gus gives us an edge. If we win, this will be a big part. Familiarity from within the other team is huge

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

It will but at the same time for me personally the one that'll do it for me is if we're able to beat them and then beat the Bears after we become all hyped up as the number one team in the division. We beat the Chargers, the Bears game is the typical type of game that we would lose.

After that though I will have completely bought in

No matter what, I'm going to enjoy the ride.  At the end of the day only one thing matters, playoffs.  It's fun now, but it won't be worth anything if we miss the playoffs.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Naw I’m still not sold on the defense

Same... week 4 is the first real test. They play a legit QB who can put the ball any where with a talented group of skill positions.

Jackson, Ben and Brisset are not top level passers. Herbert will put a lot of pressure on their cover 3. The Chargers are a different animal and we'll see where the defense is truly at after this one.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Same... week 4 is the first real test. They play a legit QB who can put the ball any where with a talented group of skill positions.

Jackson, Ben and Brisset are not top level passers. Herbert will put a lot of pressure on their cover 3. The Chargers are a different animal and we'll see where the defense is truly at after this one.

I thought the Chargers Oline would be swarmed by the WFT front 4 Herbert couldn’t be bothered. Objectively the team has faced 3 terrible olines. This is a tough game 

33 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

I thought the Chargers Oline would be swarmed by the WFT front 4 Herbert couldn’t be bothered. Objectively the team has faced 3 terrible olines. This is a tough game 

Storm Norton is bad.

That's against Chris Jones. Not exactly a speed rusher on the edge.