Week 4 GDT: Raiders (3-0) vs. Chargers (2-1)

SBXISBXVSBXVIII

5 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Not really a surprise they lost this game. I had them losing this game in the predictions thread as their first loss. But I also still have them going 12-5.

They needed to lose this type of game early. If you think about it there's not much of a difference between this game and the other three games they played it's just that this time we played the type of office that'll punish you for not scoring early and being in sync on offense

The Oline Problem is going away tho it derailed the whole game essentially 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

I disagree in this situation. We were down, on the comeback and had the other team on their heels. With the other team going for it on 4th down and short, no time to be conservative in their territory 

If it was 4th and short, I’d agree. Carlson has been automatic. We needed two scores to win. There was a lot of time left. 

Edited by TLO
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TLO said:

If it was 4th and short, I’d agree. Carlson has been automatic. We needed two scores to win. There was a lot of time left. 

In that situation, we go for the TD and be aggressive on 4th down. It destroyed the momentum of the team. We never scored again 

If the situation was reverse, Chargers go for it down 7 in our Territory 10/10 times

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

The Oline Problem is going away tho it derailed the whole game essentially 

Gruden's insistence on running early (again) is what doomed them. We won the other 3 games despite poor o-line play. Doesn't mean it's not a concern, but we have the personnel to work around it. For whatever reason he's just calling things early like we still have Richie, Gabe and Rodney out there 

1 minute ago, bucksavage1 said:

In that situation, we go for the TD and be aggressive on 4th down. It destroyed the momentum of the team. We never scored again 

If the situation was reverse, Chargers go for it down 7 in our Territory 10/10 times

sd went and coverted 4th amd 2. of they didnt we go tie game. FG can be argued. Gruden goes for it last week in nad situation vs phins. then this week with steam doesnt

shrug

• Like 1

Just now, BigD1123 said:

Well we have been saying for three weeks these slow starts were going to catch up to us. Maybe now Gruden sees it as well. And the o line.... we need Incognito back like yesterday.

He will help until he gets hurt again he’s not for long in this game anymore 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

It was 4th and 9 with 11 minutes left right after a 6 yard loss on the sack. I often think gruden is way too conservative, and he was to end the first half, but it’d have been insanity to not kick the field goal in that situation. Carlson missing the kick doesn’t change the decision making process. 

• Like 1

Just now, TLO said:

It was 4th and 9 with 11 minutes left right after a 6 yard loss on the sack. I often think gruden is way too conservative, and he was to end the first half, but it’d have been insanity to not kick the field goal in that situation. Carlson missing the kick doesn’t change the decision making process. 

i agree. i was ok with fg there honestly.