Week 4 GDT - Seattle Seahawks at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

Financially I'm sure we can wiggle around it. We have free space but lots of openings, so it's just about structuring your signings.   I'm not sure how much we are going to want to pay him though

I can't see us trading for him, but adding him this year would require sightly more gymnastics. 

I think they will just go after him in the offseason but he's the exact type of corner they like to go after. A little older but he's in the Sherman 2018 stage of his career. Coming off an injury but still can play at a high level. 

They only trade for him if they think he can truly put the team over the top but not sure if they feel that way. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I think they will just go after him in the offseason but he's the exact type of corner they like to go after. A little older but he's in the Sherman 2018 stage of his career. Coming off an injury but still can play at a high level. 

They only trade for him if they think he can truly put the team over the top but not sure if they feel that way. 

I feel if Verrett was still healthy he would be viewed more as an "over the top" guy and worth trading for. 

I'm curious if we lose this one does Kyle make the switch to Trey Or wait one more game. I can't imagine if we lose this week and next that Jimmy keeps his job. I guess context with how these next two games play out does matter. We have to win one of these two. 

Edited by 49erurtaza

7 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I'm curious if we lose this one does Kyle make the switch to Trey Or wait one more game. I can't imagine if we lose this week and next that Jimmy keeps his job. I guess context with how these next two games play out does matter. We have to win one of these two. 

Earliest it would happen is during the bye week, but I don't see it happening that early. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Forge said:

Earliest it would happen is during the bye week, but I don't see it happening that early. 

I agree, bye week makes the most sense. I'd assume we have to lose the next two games for it to happen. Which at this point with how our secondary is looking isnt far fetched. 

49 minutes ago, Forge said:

Honestly, it's not going to happen as long as Jimmy is healthy...People hate to hear it, but that man just wins or puts you in position to win and that's not going to change now. He leaves a lot to be desired obviously but Shanny knows he has a chance to win every single game with him and he's going to go the safe route...The most we will see from Lance is in the RZ and then possibly getting a series here and there going forward...But it's Jimmy as long as he stays healthy. 

• Like 1

Dude is one of the most inconsistent QBs out there, can't attack the sidelines or throw it deep, makes some bonehead decisions yet is and always has been a beast on 3rd downs and in the clutch. Make it make sense please??? Is it that he thinks less in those situations??? He will legitimately short hop a pass on a crosser on first or second down to a WIDE OPEN WR yet when it is money time, he's usually going to deliver. 

30 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Dude is one of the most inconsistent QBs out there, can't attack the sidelines or throw it deep, makes some bonehead decisions yet is and always has been a beast on 3rd downs and in the clutch. Make it make sense please??? Is it that he thinks less in those situations??? He will legitimately short hop a pass on a crosser on first or second down to a WIDE OPEN WR yet when it is money time, he's usually going to deliver. 

I’m telling you man, most infuriating QB I’ve ever watched. He’s so good in certain regards but is consistently clutch..granted we’re in the clutch with him a lot..which is a problem. I hope Lance has that same short memory he does.

38 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

No better comparison than his inconsistency than that chart and the one for first / second lol

14 minutes ago, John232 said:

I’m telling you man, most infuriating QB I’ve ever watched. He’s so good in certain regards but is consistently clutch..granted we’re in the clutch with him a lot..which is a problem. I hope Lance has that same short memory he does.

One thing that I do love about him is on 3rd downs, he very rarely takes the easy out. He dinks and check downs on first and second down, but almost all of his third down targets (that aren't schemed intended give up plays) are throws past the sticks (or picks or sacks). It's probably the second driver of his winning (behind the quality of his supporting cast). It's annoying that all of those targets will come in the middle of the field 7 - 20 yards away from him, but it's who he is. And it's better than the approach favored by other limited qbs in his tier.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Forge said:

No better comparison than his inconsistency than that chart and the one for first / second lol

Post it if you have it....But this is why the team is almost always in the game when Jimmy plays because the dude does make big plays on big downs...But he's also a reason it is hard to put overmatched teams away since his inconsistency shows throughout the game.

But there is definitely something that clicks in his head on money downs and money situations. That throw to Deebo with a defender coming right at his face was sick (even a better catch by Deebo). I brought up the Sanu play but he has multiple plays like that every game. It just does not make sense. 

41 minutes ago, John232 said:

He really does not give a damn how bad he is up until the 4th quarter, you just know he's going to erase it from his head and just take the team down the field.

If we get that from Lance plus the other explosive attributes? Lawd!!!!

• Like 1