Week 4 GDT - Seattle Seahawks at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Just now, AustrianNiner said:

Probably a bit negative right now but I'm not looking forward to the rest of the season.

Why? Will be exciting to see Trey and the progressions he makes. 

Curious to see the game plan Shanny draws up for Lance next week. 

• Like 1

Eh. It's about how I expected the game to go. Both Lance and Jimmy struggled to put drives together - Lance because of volatility, Jimmy because of limitations. We gave Russell some tough drives on defense, but were overmatched in the secondary. It was a pretty even game - outside of the muffed kickoff. I'd still rather see Lance - if you're going to be a mediocre football team, you have to develop the future. But I get how that's a hard sell with the vets. 

• Like 3

Just now, AustrianNiner said:

Probably a bit negative right now but I'm not looking forward to the rest of the season.

We are not good and there is no light here. Corners are bad. Right side of the line is mediocre on their best day. QB play has been average. Defensive line is inconsistent. Special teams looked horrible today. Not a lot of ‘new” positive stuff to be excited about 

Just now, John232 said:

We are not good and there is no light here. Corners are bad. Right side of the line is mediocre on their best day. QB play has been average. Defensive line is inconsistent. Special teams looked horrible today. Not a lot of ‘new” positive stuff to be excited about 

Trey is the guy who can make this fun, but I’m not holding my breath 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Why? Will be exciting to see Trey and the progressions he makes. 

Curious to see the game plan Shanny draws up for Lance next week. 

Having watched Lance today, I'm not sure the next couple of games will be that exciting. And if he gets going at some point, there's not much left to play for and I'm generally just floored by the way the offense performs. I expected the defense to be the way it is right now, but the offense really isn't much fun.

2 minutes ago, JIllg said:

Eh. It's about how I expected the game to go. Both Lance and Jimmy struggled to put drives together - Lance because of volatility, Jimmy because of limitations. We gave Russell some tough drives on defense, but were overmatched in the secondary. It was a pretty even game - outside of the muffed kickoff. I'd still rather see Lance - if you're going to be a mediocre football team, you have to develop the future. But I get how that's a hard sell with the vets. 

If your defense forces six 3 and outs in the first seven possessions, then the offense needs to put up at 17 points. We scored 7 points and that was the game. Then Trey came in and obviously he was not going to be good early on and Seattle took advantage of that along with Cannon fumbling the KR. That was the game right there but overall the defense still did a lot of good things. Just did not get any stops in the RZ and that is something they had been doing the last few weeks. 

Oh well, now Lance is going to have the entire week taking starter reps and Shanny will be able to draw up a game plan around his strengths. Mitchell will possibly be back next week as well. It's going to be a run heavy game plan but I think the team will play Arizona tough. Will they win? Probably not, but it will be competitive and then we have our bye week with two winnable games. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, AustrianNiner said:

Having watched Lance today, I'm not sure the next couple of games will be that exciting. And if he gets going at some point, there's not much left to play for and I'm generally just floored by the way the offense performs. I expected the defense to be the way it is right now, but the offense really isn't much fun.

Who cares if there won't be much to play for? The point will be to get Trey ready for next season and going forward. He can change the way the offense looks and "how fun" it is. You are going to have to live with his growing pains, this is a process for a reason. 

I want to know what play Jimmy hurt his "calf" on lol.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Who cares if there won't be much to play for? The point will be to get Trey ready for next season and going forward. He can change the way the offense looks and "how fun" it is. You are going to have to live with his growing pains, this is a process for a reason. 

I want to know what play Jimmy hurt his "calf" on lol.

Yeah I know that and if Lance looks great next season it will be worth it, doesn't change that the remaining games don't excite me quite as much right now. I've also lost some confidence in the offense and in some ways Kyle Shanahan in general, but that's nothing that can't be fixed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So Shanny is making it seem like Jimmy really did get hurt and then said there is a reason he is the #2 QB when asked about some of his struggles. 

I guess Jimmy is still the starter as long as he is healthy. 

Not surprised

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So Shanny is making it seem like Jimmy really did get hurt and then said there is a reason he is the #2 QB when asked about some of his struggles. 

I guess Jimmy is still the starter as long as he is healthy. 

At first i was convinced we where doing one of those elegant swaps where its an "injury" that is played up. But after seeing how much Lance struggled i was convinced he must really have something ailing him.