Jump to content

Week 4 GDT - Seattle Seahawks at San Francisco 49ers


Recommended Posts

Dee Ford rushed the passer 8 times and got either 2 sacks or at the very least 1.5 sacks L-O-L.

I think you just have to roll the dice with Ford next week and live with his flaws in the run game...He's also the only one that has been able to chase Murray down from the DL. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

BTW just looking around the internet on various platforms, fans are already starting to turn against Shanahan more than I had seen before. Not a surprise. Lance is next if he doesn't perform well fast enough for the peanut gallery. 

It's very vocal. Very. The pushback is more furious than I thought. I thought with the Lance switch, people would reset a bit. Did not happen lol.

I get it. Frankly, Kyle has kind of been low-key bad this year. He's left me scratching be head far more than in the past at any rate. He's having a down year so far to me, but it's also been 4 games. 

Anyone thinking he should be fired isn't thinking clearly though. That's not even a remotely possibly option. He's getting through 2023. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

Man, I already thought it was brutal in 49ers land before this game. It's gonna be a cesspool for the entire year again. 

Instant gratification has ruined everything. 

49ers Twitter is as toxic as political Twitter

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's very vocal. Very. The pushback is more furious than I thought. I thought with the Lance switch, people would reset a bit. Did not happen lol.

I get it. Frankly, Kyle has kind of been low-key bad this year. He's left me scratching be head far more than in the past at any rate. He's having a down year so far to me, but it's also been 4 games. 

Anyone thinking he should be fired isn't thinking clearly though. That's not even a remotely possibly option. He's getting through 2023. 

Realized I didn’t properly say it in my last post, but that’s what I’m sort of looking at for a deadline. This year has been bad but but so have circumstances. Shanny has shown he can be an elite coach but he has also consistently demonstrated he can get his own way, big  time. Next year, if they get tot he playoffs he’ll be fine for a while, but if they miss this year and next year, York has to start thinking about a new regime.  2023 season, this team has to be hitting on all cylinders and have depth to survive some injuries for once:

Edited by John232
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Forge said:

I haven't listened to them enough to judge their opinions or takes, but I do think they sound good. And they are strongly opinionated, which I do like

They were excellent during the bad years. But I think Shanny created a ton of expectations, which the entirety of the Fan base takes to heart. I feel like listening to the..”realists” is like a weird negative confirmation bias I don’t want to hear. That’s why I love crocky, dude is objective but still a homer most of the time. Endearing. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like Jimmy will be ready to go after the bye week....But will he have his starting spot when he returns?

Sooooooooo @Forge, yesterday was the first game of October and the Rams offense did not look great. Hmm.............

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Looks like Jimmy will be ready to go after the bye week....But will he have his starting spot when he returns?

I think he will for sure

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's very vocal. Very. The pushback is more furious than I thought. I thought with the Lance switch, people would reset a bit. Did not happen lol.

I get it. Frankly, Kyle has kind of been low-key bad this year. He's left me scratching be head far more than in the past at any rate. He's having a down year so far to me, but it's also been 4 games. 

Anyone thinking he should be fired isn't thinking clearly though. That's not even a remotely possibly option. He's getting through 2023. 

Meh, sometimes fans need to step back from the ledge and actually do some critical thinking. 

We haven't played even a good game all year, on either side of the ball. That being said, we're 2-2. A better defensive stand against A-Rod late in the 4th and we're 3-1. We just lost to a QB who has pretty much owned this franchsie since the Harbaugh days. Even in 2019, when the defense was elite, that didn't stop us from struggling mightily to beat Russell Wilson & The Gang. We're not in that bad of shape, considering our lack of bodies@both CB & RB.

Shanny hasn't looked good from a playcall perspective but I really think not trusting Sermon and the running game right now has handicapped him as a playcaller with how to open up other aspects of the pass game.

Ryans is still finding his way as a first-time DC. If we could ever get even somewhat healthy@CB, it would help his ability to scheme up the D.

We're definitely going to get rolled by AZ next week. No Jimmy, no Trent (though I will say Moore might be the greatest find from this draft class, including Lenior...held up pretty well@LT when Trent got hurt) and you're starting a rookie QB against an agressive Cards front seven. It's not going to be pretty. But even at 2-3, we head into the bye and those next two games are very winnable. Hopefully Jimmy is back (thought I'd never say those words lol) and maybe some others like Norman return to help us as we push through towards the midway point of the season.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not happy with 2 straight losses but i don't think its been all that bad tbh. We've had some luck go against us. For example, we forced 2 fumbles in the last 2 games, but they went out of bounds or straight back to the offensive player. We fumbled the ball 2 times in the last 2 games, and they both went directly to the defender and led to 10 points against us. Our K got hurt in pregame warmups and that cost us 3 points, so thats 13 points right there. Meanwhile, we lost both games by a combined 9 points. 

Losing the turnover battle is a killer and we need to either stop turning the ball over, or force some turnovers. Preferably both. Being 0-4 in the TO margin is probably the single biggest reason we lost the last 2 games.

You also have the trick play from Patrick to Jimmy G to Kittle that was going to be a TD but it was slightly overthrown by Patrick, and then Jimmy G held onto the ball a second too late and then slightly underthrown by him. 

Not sure we'll win next week as Arizona looks really good this year and we're probably gona start Jaylon Moore against Chandler Jones, but i do think Lance will look more comfortable once he settles in and has a week of practice. I expect Sherfield to get more playing time as they have a good connection as well. And As @TecmoSuperJoe was saying earlier, the same thing happened to Kaep (not comparing them as players but situations) in 2012. He looked very average in a half against the Rams when Alex was injured, then came out on MNF against the Bears and looked a lot better. 

Edited by 49ersfan
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Meh, sometimes fans need to step back from the ledge and actually do some critical thinking. 

We haven't played even a good game all year, on either side of the ball. That being said, we're 2-2. A better defensive stand against A-Rod late in the 4th and we're 3-1. We just lost to a QB who has pretty much owned this franchsie since the Harbaugh days. Even in 2019, when the defense was elite, that didn't stop us from struggling mightily to beat Russell Wilson & The Gang. We're not in that bad of shape, considering our lack of bodies@both CB & RB.

Shanny hasn't looked good from a playcall perspective but I really think not trusting Sermon and the running game right now has handicapped him as a playcaller with how to open up other aspects of the pass game.

Ryans is still finding his way as a first-time DC. If we could ever get even somewhat healthy@CB, it would help his ability to scheme up the D.

We're definitely going to get rolled by AZ next week. No Jimmy, no Trent (though I will say Moore might be the greatest find from this draft class, including Lenior...held up pretty well@LT when Trent got hurt) and you're starting a rookie QB against an agressive Cards front seven. It's not going to be pretty. But even at 2-3, we head into the bye and those next two games are very winnable. Hopefully Jimmy is back (thought I'd never say those words lol) and maybe some others like Norman return to help us as we push through towards the midway point of the season.

 

Don't agree with the last point about getting rolled by Arizona but agree with the rest.

Let's see what happens with Trent. He handled Jones well last year but if he does not play, then Jones is going to eat. 

Norman should return and he will see a lot of Hopkins. I don't think Ryans has Moseley travel if Norman plays. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Let's see what happens with Trent. He handled Jones well last year but if he does not play, then Jones is going to eat

There is a certain degree of foreboding with regards to Trent. Seems like people are bracing for some pretty bad news

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Forge said:

There is a certain degree of foreboding with regards to Trent. Seems like people are bracing for some pretty bad news

Off what report? Just gut feeling or there is some rumors circulating about his injury? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Off what report? Just gut feeling or there is some rumors circulating about his injury? 

Shanny said he was concerned. Biderman flat out said he expects Trent to be out for a while, which I imagine he is picking up in the beat. On one of the podcasts, they mentioned he may have torn a tricep or something? I don't know, I've listened to a ton of podcasts last night and today during work. But doesn't seem like people are optimistic.

Could be your general fan sky is falling reaction though lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...